Rule clarification on intercooler piping.

Valhakar

I have an upgraded intercooler and have taken the points accordingly. The intercooler is even in the same position so it has not been relocated. Even with this the stock piping post turbo to the intercooler inlet had to be replaced with the pipe sent with the intercooler by MRT. I have managed to use the stock piping from the intercooler to the throttle body.

Does the aftermarket pipe count as a part of the intercooler upgrade as it is of a similar diameter, but made of different materials?

-Dave

Is the pipe the same length and shape? I thought for sure this would be points. If it is the same length, shape, and diameter, why would you need to change it? My aftermarket IC piping is 'similar diameter' and follows the general path of the OEM piping, leading to the stock IC, so is it free?

Not trying to saddle you with extra points Valhakar, but if I can take some off of my car.....

Well first there is no rule clarification of piping post turbo. Airbox to turbo is covered, the next covered section is the throttle body. The rules seem to read that the intercooler and piping are a total unit, which makes sense. If one were to move to a FMIC as opposed to a TMIC, you GAIN about 6 feet of pipe.

The pipe is longer actually as the intercooler is about 30% larger. The stock Y pipe would not fit. The pipe is also of a similar diameter because a turbo outlet is a turbo outlet. It is the heat sink that has changed in size. Points were already spent on the Intercooler upgrade.

I was once again getting clarification of the rule in case some *term replaced with a pointless description to save your virgin eyes* tosses a challenge in impound. I plan on sucking or succeeding *say it out loud* with a perfectly legal car.