Adding an EGT probe, is that moidfying exhaust Manf..?

Valhakar

I have a stock exhaust manifold that was tapped for an EGT probe. On the 2.0L H4, cylinder 4 is notorious for spiking EGT under hard driving.

Would this count as modification of the stock manifold? If so I may as well port and polish the stock headers to get a bit more torque.

• National Staff

I personally would not count that as a modification (although I suppose for the track lawyer strict definition guys, it is). I would declare it to be a non-performance enhancing modification as long as nothing else was done to the manifold.

I personally would not count that as a modification (although I suppose for the track lawyer strict definition guys, it is). I would declare it to be a non-performance enhancing modification as long as nothing else was done to the manifold.

My worries exactly. Funny you should mention "track lawyer". I am the engineer, the wife is a lawyer. Hence all the clarifications.

I will just take the points and PnP/ceramic coat them AND retain the stock heat shield. No one can make a challenge and I gain a few hundred RPM in spool and more torque.

5 Points for the header+ turbo back + cat removal seems fair enough. Specially since it allows me to do pretty much anything I want as long as I don't touch the turbo.

My worries exactly. Funny you should mention "track lawyer". I am the engineer, the wife is a lawyer. Hence all the clarifications.

I will just take the points and PnP/ceramic coat them AND retain the stock heat shield. No one can make a challenge and I gain a few hundred RPM in spool and more torque.

5 Points for the header+ turbo back + cat removal seems fair enough. Specially since it allows me to do pretty much anything I want as long as I don't touch the turbo.

Do you already have a gutted, 05 or newer, or aftermarket up pipe? If not, you will probably get a better return on your investment than porting the exhaust manifold.

Do you already have a gutted, 05 or newer, or aftermarket up pipe? If not, you will probably get a better return on your investment than porting the exhaust manifold.

Do I have a gutted or aftermarket uppipe.

My 2.0L with the stock TD04 runs 10.5:1 AFR and 18 pounds of boost when on the track. If I had not already invested in a Crucial Racing Ceramic coated up pipe and downpipe the turbo would have exploded by now.

I have ceramic coated PnP exhaust manifolds sitting in the garage, I will just have to tap an EGT in it for install. Pnp + Ceramic coating + stock heat shields = super cool lower engine. The exhaust literally wraps around the entire bottom of the H4 heads and oil pan.

Ask me if I have a part and I most likely have 2-3.

The final track exhaust will be 3 inch ceramic coated all the way back.