Question on unclassed car.

axoid

I'm just getting started with NASA. I've run several track days with other clubs and autocrossed for 6 years with the SCCA and I plan to be running Time Trials by the end of the 07.

I've been trying to figure out where my 92 Camaro RS's beginning class would be. I don't think it should fall in with the pre 98 Z-28s in TTD, but it's not a V6 car ether. The car came as a 5.0 liter V8, factory rated at 170 hp@4000 & 255 tq@2400, it weighed in at over 3200 lbs. Closest thing I could find was a 79-93 Mustang V8 (<225hp) in TTE or the Mustang V6 (190hp+) in TTF.

The car has some serious modifications, but the engine output is still about the same as what you get out of a 92 Z-28 (230 hp & 300 tq).

I've done some searching and didn't find any guidance on the subject.

Axoid,

Welcome to Nasa and Time Trials. You should send this information through your Regional Time Trial Director, not sure where you are located, who can get it to Greg Greenbaum the National TT Director. They can establish a base class for your car and add it to the existing list. From there you can spend money and upgrade where you want, acruing points as you go. Good luck.

John

Axoid,

Welcome to Nasa and Time Trials. You should send this information through your Regional Time Trial Director, not sure where you are located, who can get it to Greg Greenbaum the National TT Director. They can establish a base class for your car and add it to the existing list. From there you can spend money and upgrade where you want, acruing points as you go. Good luck.

John

Thanks,

I'm in Columbus, so that would be Oh/In region.