Modded Evolution & Modded GTI 2.8L

RandyEvo

So Greg, to take an Example, an Eclipse GSX with a 2.4l (stroker) and all the bolt-ons plus the upgraded turbocharger, doesnt go directly to SUR classification?

Thats a friend's car btw, but he doesnt post.

That's right. It gets a new base classification. Now, if the thing puts out 500 awhp, and weighs 2900 lbs, then the base class will be above TTA, and it would "go directly" to SUR classing. And, anytime a car has an "adjusted wt/power ratio" (see Section 6.2 of the rules) of more than 8.7:1, it goes directly to TTU/TTR classing. So, depending on how much power the car now has, how much it weighs, what size and type of tires it has, and what you mean by "all the bolt-ons", the car could end up in any number of TT classes.

So he makes on 93 octane 360 whp, he's got aftermarket ECU, intake, header, blah blah blah, all the bolt ons, car weights with driver around 3100. Thats a power to weight ratio of 8.61 - the AWD, + the etc, so in my point of view he goes directly to TTS according to section 6.2, but he wants to complain and run away from me, he says because I have 415whp I cant race with him *lol* but I have 356 pounds of weight more than him.

Heheh this is bad news for him, he will have to race me

• National Staff
So Greg, to take an Example, an Eclipse GSX with a 2.4l (stroker) and all the bolt-ons plus the upgraded turbocharger, doesnt go directly to SUR classification?

That's right. It gets a new base classification. Now, if the thing puts out 500 awhp, and weighs 2900 lbs, then the base class will be above TTA, and it would "go directly" to SUR classing. And, anytime a car has an "adjusted wt/power ratio" (see Section 6.2 of the rules) of more than 8.7:1, it goes directly to TTU/TTR classing. So, depending on how much power the car now has, how much it weighs, what size and type of tires it has, and what you mean by "all the bolt-ons", the car could end up in any number of TT classes.

So he makes on 93 octane 360 whp, he's got aftermarket ECU, intake, header, blah blah blah, all the bolt ons, car weights with driver around 3100. Thats a power to weight ratio of 8.61 - the AWD, + the etc, so in my point of view he goes directly to TTS according to section 6.2, but he wants to complain and run away from me, he says because I have 415whp I cant race with him *lol* but I have 356 pounds of weight more than him.

Even with the numbers that you posted, if he runs with 245 or smaller DOT tires, he would have an adjusted wt/power ratio of greater than 8.7:1, so he wouldn't automatically bump up to TTS because of 6.2.

3101/360 = 8.61 - 0.5 (AWD) - 0.1 (3101 lbs) + 0.8 (245's or less) = 8.81

However, I can tell you that his new TT base class would be over TTA based on the formula we use for re-classing cars. So, you are correct that he would run in at least TTS, and maybe TTU if he either runs tires larger than 245's and doesn't add some ballast, or runs slicks.

Even with the numbers that you posted, if he runs with 245 or smaller DOT tires, he would have an adjusted wt/power ratio of greater than 8.7:1, so he wouldn't automatically bump up to TTS because of 6.2.

3101/360 = 8.61 - 0.5 (AWD) - 0.1 (3101 lbs) + 0.8 (245's or less) = 8.81

However, I can tell you that his new TT base class would be over TTA based on the formula we use for re-classing cars. So, you are correct that he would run in at least TTS, and maybe TTU if he either runs tires larger than 245's and doesn't add some ballast, or runs slicks.

So without the larger tires and with around 292 whp and 3260 pds (running less boost) his base class will be TTB**, I mean, I have no idea if he modifies the boost inside the track, I told my friend, that it is easier to remove the aftermarket turbo, install the stocker back on and this will be over, he will have his base class only adding the bolt-ons and the stroker.

Well, we'll see what he decides.