Question about my HPDE Insutructor?

rppngears91

... in the future if this happens, I'd suggest going to your instructor first about it. We try to read how our students would like to be instructed, but sometimes get it wrong. ...

I think that is great advice for the first step. Ask your instructor if you can be blunt and go from there. Give him/her a chance to adjust their delivery and better show you what they are trying to accomplish with you.

[

ACTUALLY....NASA does have a right of passage for new drivers. It's a time-honored tradition and involves buying a round of beer for your instructor AND fellow HPDE students.

It's even in the NASA CCR!

Ok, can someone quote this one out of the CCR please ? I have had students buy ne a beer before...but a tradition? ...cool.

My 2 cents worth: I dont think anyone would gain what is intended to be taken away from this program if there are infact yelled at. I have had students that were so stressed on track that communcation was a challenge. We just pulled into the hot pit, set some goals for the session and went back out and worked on baby steps. It worked out great.

By all means validate your feelings and talk to Dan and Jeff. They will in turn talk to your instructor and see what was going on. The continued success of this program merits that.

hope to see you at the next event.

• 3 weeks later...

Edit: We have the damn expletive-editing tool on HERE now too? Man, whatever happened to free speech?

LOL I thought people were typing that.

... my instructor would start literally screaming "What the foo-fiddily-diddily is wrong with you, what is your problem?"

I know that instructor!! His name is Ned Flanders! Chris and Jeff should banish him forever!