POC Racer's Clinic

Chris Benbow

Dennis, your a model 944 spec driver. And one hell of a lover! Oops, didn't mean to mention that. I think you should come out too (David). You need to do a clinic anyway. There is no rule that says you have to be fast or that you have to win anything. It seems like an ideal weekend to come, have some people swapping parts out for you to see if you can rectify the problem? And now with the gentlemen Dennis offering his services and vehicle, you can't go wrong. And we could certainly use the 944 Spec support. With Tim out, but you in, I think we have the 8 drivers covered?

Is Pete Yousko coming out?

P.Dilly.

Too slow peanut. Anyway, last I saw Pete's car it was still in pieces; however, I have been assured that it will be ready today.

Edited by Guest

The POC requires at least 1 Clinic and that is for evaluation and attitude assesment. Last year Mr. Knoop of SCCA fame and F1 driver had to participate in the clinic also. It goes on a case by case basis. Steve B is also doing the Clinic and he has every Lic out there except POC. It may seem hard but them is the rules and we must live by them. The POC has a no contact enviroment but we still race hard. One weekend of eye balls on you is not that much to ask.

Come and play.

I'll be out there Friday for T&T as will some others. RW may or may not show as he has his hands full right now. If he shows I'm sure he'll talk to anyone that would like and he is very accomodateing.

See ya this weekend,

I will be trying David, but that all depends if we can re-do a lot of the work already done. Like my new STICKY clutch. Nice! And my gear selector which is all over the map because it's suspected to be on the wrong way on top of the tranny, not enough time to drop the tranny before then!

• 2 weeks later...

So it kind of suggests we are/were all pretty much driving the snot out of our cars! That's close racing at only 3 odd seconds from fastest to slowest.

This is getting fun!!! If Timmy ever has an off he'll be hard pressed to get by everyone. Better be carefull Timmy. You'll need to start driving a carefull/smart race to stay in the lead. One mistake and you're history!!

Be careful? Run a smart race? Me?

Ok, next race I'm gonna pull myself into the black flag station and eat a sandwich. When I'm done eating, I'll toss the napkin out the window and get back to work and still beat your slow butts!!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

If Joe shows up, I'll make it a bite-size sandwich.........

You're trippin' Mr. Ray...............

After I passed you, I slowed down. How do you think I caught up to you after dropping back so far in the pack? By driving the same speed as you?

You guys have yet to feel the full wrath of "The Convict" car! Or is it the "Prison Bitch" car?! It WILL do 1:34's at Willow. I know it.

No, Dilly. Think about it.........Rick cut a 1:35 in a much heavier GP car. He didn't do it on a regular basis, but it's in the car's capability. So, I'm sure he could cut a 1:34 in one of our cars.

Is there any thought given to the fact that those times were on Kuhmo's? Is the Toyo as fast as the Kuhmo? Or at least from memory it was on Kuhmo, I'll at least state that concession. Man, I farted once for 1:34.7 seconds, does that make me a legend?

Lets compare apples with apples, especially when it comes to tires which WE KNOW have an impact on times. Otherwise we wouldn't run a spec tire would we?

P.Dilly.

Yeah... with this entire rick white thing there is alot of conjecture.

He did this that or the otherthing.

Well he as done zip in spec car. Since that is what we race that is about all that really maters. Sure he ran some 1:36 lap. (how did that turn in to a 1:35 anyway? ) So Tim also ran a 1.36 lap. Even so his official best is a 1:38. At PIR Tyler hold the track record with 1:13.8.

Sure both chas and I ran 1.12.9's, but that was in PCA race. Chas had Kumho's and I pulled my 60lbs of ballast so was probably running 2550lbs when it turn that lap in qualfying.

Sure I did rin a 1:13.3 in qualfying for a NASA spec race in 100% spec trim, but that does not count as it was in the "race".

BTW... Rick white never went under 1:14 at PIR in any "offical" times with POC.

So Timmy has turned a high 1:36 at willow, but track record was slower.

So a 1:36 is possible at willow in spec car in spec trim (assuming Tim is not yanking or chains which I don't think is happening) So to make it offiical it must happen in a race.

As to 1:34's Well only time will tell.

Hmmm...Now Timmy, As I recall, you ran a mid 33 in my "golden thunder" NA at willow springs a season or two ago. Let's see, Normally aspirated, 2200lbs, full coilover suspension, 17"X275 Hossiers on each corner, it was a 3.1 liter making about 230ish at the wheels.

Now I see your telling us all that you will run a 2600lb 130 rearwheel HP car on 15"X225 Toyo's with coil over fronts, torsion bar rears, at just a second slower?

I am buying the dinner and boozing you up when you get a 34.

Go Timmy Go!

John, The gold car would have gone quicker than a 1:33. I needed more time in the car to make it really scoot! Also, When I drove a 1:33, it had 225's in the front and 245's in the rear. Man, was that car loud!!

I'm basing my 1:34 projection on Rick's performance in his POC GP class 924S car. If he did a 1:35 in that car, our cars should eventually go quicker, right? Make sense? I'm not even saying that I'll be the first to do it, but it's obviously in the capabilities of our class of cars.

Also, John, by now you should know better than to bet against my driving abilities. I believe I've saved you $20, 2 times, by declining to accept your bets! Ain't that true?

Also, Dylan, I'm sure about the performance difference in TOYOS and Kumhos?

Also, Dylan, I'm sure about the performance difference in TOYOS and Kumhos?

Your sure what? Do you mean your NOT sure?

Damnit Tim, I hate it when your right....it hurts real deep man, but yes...you did save me bucks at willow. I'll give you that one.

Show me da 34! Its not a bet, rather its egging you on YOu do it, steak for you.