Willow race report

Tim Comeau

1:36.954.

Wow, that's an awesome time in warm weather. The SE-R Cup record is only 1:36.979, but that was in the cold of November.

I know I've asked this before, but what kind of power/torque numbers are you putting out?

PS> You like your new icon, Mr. Postmeister?

HA HA!!!! I have to laugh. We "may" and I emphasize may have found the issue for the lack of speed down the front straight? Steve Alarcon is working on my new rebuilt A-arms and the camber plates etc. He said my toe was "way" out, not surprising considering I changed the arms at the track and the mounting bracket to the chassis on the new arms were different. Now, I say may because it was a quick conversation of "oh yeah your toe was way out" and I asked "would that effect straight line speed" and the answer was along the lines of yes. I'll get the update later. Now if I can find out the cut out problem I am good to go for this weekend. Oh, that and lose about 150 pounds would help too!!

P.Dilly. Being held back by the big toe!

Had it been up Tim's .... ummm, exhaust, I may have run a little faster?

Probably not, but you might score some Toyo bucks from him

NASA Jim, Thanks. I saw the avatar and that's pretty wild that I have over a thousand posts. I'm quite the marketing pro,huh?

Regarding my dyno'd hp figure: That pull was done in San Diego shortly after buying the car. The fuel quality switch was tweaked and the chip was flashed by Norik Dzhan... when the car was at Vision Motorsports. I didn't get a printed sheet of the pulls there, but they said they got me 1 more peak hp and 2-3 pounds feet of torque through much of the curve.

At Willow, 1:36.954 was a good showing so far, Jim, but I'll bet at least several drivers will better that mark during the year, especially when it starts getting cooler.

I believe 1:34's are about the fastest our cars will go around Willow.

See you soon,