Rear Hoop Diagonal

mcmmotorsports

Is there anyway that this main hoop could comply with the current CCR?

Installing a diagonal from upper left to lower right might be a problem.

mainhoop.jpg

Installing a diagonal from upper left to lower right might be a problem.

You can still install a diag from drivers head to passenger side base. Make a cut through the tubes where the proper diagonal will pass. Remove the passenger side tubes. Weld the diagonal to what existing tubing on the drivers side remains (and the forward bar with the kill switch). Once that is done, replace the two short sections of tubing that were previously removed (if you like. )

/.02

Might that help?

No. It's also not a single piece. Just cut it all out and make a new one w/ a new 2 piece harness bar (2 piece if you need one for the passenger that is).

Thanks for the input guys.

I have taken ownership of a NASCAR Mini Stock 4cyl car that I might take to a event or two.

0860.jpg

I have taken ownership of a NASCAR Mini Stock 4cyl car that I might take to a event or two.

Wow... er, ah... congratulations?

Well, I guess I should have painted it before posting pics. It really is a NICE car.

Well, I guess I should have painted it before posting pics. It really is a NICE car.

really? MY green booger looks like it's in better shape

Does it have an engine/trans/rear? Does it run?

He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It is a complete car, the motor was just freshened up and sits on an engine stand next to the car. Transmission is still in it as is the rear. While it may not be a true Road Course racer, in its current state it has more potential than the car it replaced.

He who lives in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It is a complete car, the motor was just freshened up and sits on an engine stand next to the car. Transmission is still in it as is the rear. While it may not be a true Road Course racer, in its current state it has more potential than the car it replaced.

I can't wait to see that thing running around VIR

In time Grasshoppa, just make sure your windshield is clean enough to get a good look at my rear bumper as I go by.

In time Grasshoppa, just make sure your windshield is clean enough to get a good look at my rear bumper as I go by.

ohh look at him now getting all froggy now since he sold that civic

Sooo. I guess the green machine is kicked to the curb for awhile.

Gonna take a while to get ready two machines much less one.

Well guys, at least he wont have time make any more of those videos for awhile.

First off, the Green Machine is gone. Second, I don't think too many people up here have seen my videos. salook.gif

First off, the Green Machine is gone. Second, I don't think too many people up here have seen my videos. salook.gif

you had a green one too? My Green Booger comment was directed at the green 99 I have in the garage

you had a green one too? My Green Booger comment was directed at the green 99 I have in the garage

Yeah, this one:

vircmc.jpg

You have put a couple of them on here, complete with music. Hollywood is waiting with bad, er, baited breath.

Didnt know you had parted with the green one. Thought you were trying to get it ready for VIR North. Shows what I know huh.

Get it in the right class and you should be able to have some fun with a four banger though.

Good Luck

we had this discussion on the rocky mountain board a short while ago.

All of the AI cars must meet the 9.5:1 power to weight max, but the 4 and 6 cyl cars don't have a min weight (but whatever they weigh, they can only have so much power to stay under the 9.5 and 9.0 ratios)

bruce

According to the AI rules, Section 6.2, Car Classifications - American Iron:

"The AI class has a strict 9.5:1 power to weight ratio maximum and 9:1 torque to weight ratio maximum as measured at the rear wheels. All vehicles that compete in this class may have less than the specified amount but may not exceed the 9.5:1 and 9:1 ratios. Vehicles that exceed this ratio must race in the American Iron Extreme class. The minimum weight for a V8 powered AI car is 2700 pounds with driver. There is no minimum weight for 4 or 6 cylinder powered cars."

cheers,

bruce

If that is true....that sux.

The V8 is the better choice. a 4cyl turbo car isnt going to make broad peak power like the V8 car. So everywhere else in the rev range, the V8 will crush the 4 cyl car. The only advantage would be to get it down closer to 2000 pounds and have a braking/ handling advantage.

The only advantage would be to get it down closer to 2000 pounds and have a braking/ handling advantage.

evilgr.gif

If that is true....that sux.

The V8 is the better choice. a 4cyl turbo car isnt going to make broad peak power like the V8 car. So everywhere else in the rev range, the V8 will crush the 4 cyl car. The only advantage would be to get it down closer to 2000 pounds and have a braking/ handling advantage.

With the right turbo and tuning you can have a very flat torque line in the rev range. 2400lbs / 9.5 = 253hp/tq. That horsepower and torque could easily be held throughout the rpms used for racing. I don't know the rules on tuning though. Are piggybacks or full standalone computers legal?

I suddenly feel the need to investigate this.