Paint/graphics ideas. Dylan post that Aussie link here!

Tim Comeau

Vaughn, you gotta read my post again. I said hood, hatch, and others to lighten them 100 lbs. No BS there. Also, I said down the road IF and WHEN the drivers get bored with our cars' performance. I said that because I don't want to see our drivers get burned out and leave the series. The RX-7 series has taught me a few lessons. One of them is to keep the drivers interested and keep it fresh.

Honestly, I'm the biggest advocate of keeping it cheap. But, I'd vote to spend some money before letting the series wither even the slightest bit.

While this would be a full next level up in expenditure, and there may very well already be a class like this, but coming from a supercharged car, I can't help but think of a spec-944 turbo, SC or forced inducted class. Realistically, it's looking at 5-10k increase in build cost per car, but with the light weight and handling of the 944, give a helluva good drive. I know, this opens a totally new can of worms, filled with it's own issues, but a light, great handling, higher powered car is sooo much fun to drive, and to still limit the modifications, tires etc. would be very attractive to me. Otherwise it's back to the buy more time mode.

Maybe a pipe dream but sure would be fun...

s

Steve

When the 944 spec class was created, turbos were was discussed and decided it would be too easy to cheat and too difficult to police. The 944NA is much easier to insure all are alike. Again, as long as all are equal, it really follows the motto: driver ability, not dollar ability. Yeah, we could all go a lot faster for $20K, $50 or $100K more but would that make it any more competitive or fun?

Nope. Cheaper is more gooder!

Let's not even talk about it like it's going to happen next year. This is down the road, if and when our drivers get bored. I believe the close racing and the bigger fields will retain drivers for some time. Besides, it's much better to keep the engines stock and lighten the cars. Keeps the reliability.