Things Learned at this Years Championship

TexaST-1

I learned:

1. Not to bring a 6.5 HP/WT to a 5.5 Class

Sub (Don't Believe the Tire Sales man) Thanks for the "Heads Up" Tom Glenn.

2. You can never be Too Prepared.

Sub (Go Over the entire car before the Championship Race) No Clamp on the PCV line out of the intake valley! Damn it!

...thats how I was last year!!

when the p/s line came off in the sat. race and the car caught fire...I finally had enough. Even thought everyone said fix it>>>I knew the car had won and put it on the trailer. This year I brought a mechanic...and the car ran flawlessly. It made all the difference in the world!!..And so instead of FIXING the damn car, we worked on getting it faster...and truned our fastest lap of 1.31.7 in the sunday race.

Sorry for all your troubles Kevin..........put a BP sticker on the car and c'mon to Atlanta for the ARRC in november. We run in a great class...BP, ITO, TCC (corvette challenge).....It will be a mostly corvette field!

Kevin, when we were talking you said you had the same power and weight at Danny? He's at 5.95 and you knew those numbers when you said it? Because you had the NASA official meet you at the Dyno with his scale results and calculator in her hand.

Edited by Guest

First, you have to remind me of who you are. I am not getting anything from Rogue Vette.

Second, I am 500 wheel hp and 3250 wt. I know Danny is better than that.

Third, I use coil overs for ease in corner weighting and ride height.

Fourth, I will stick with my Stop Techs. I have been down the stock brake road for years and am out on that one.

Fifth, my engine cooling has not been an issue since I have opened the hood and redirected the air flow. And Aero is very Cool Looking!

Some things were missed.

Kevin, it was great meeting you, even if it was on the last day. I was really wide-eyed over your vette, it's a beautiful car. I had a lot of fun during the race Sunday and I'll try to get you some video ASAP. BTW, your car sounds insane... made it tough to steer around the bulge in my suit

Hey Patric, Thanks!

I hope I wasn't driving too erratic. I blew an engine oil line that was hosing down my windshield so I couldn't see where I, or we were going, until I dropped out.

My in car video only proves that I am totally insane. Once I figure out how to post it up, I'll put it on here under what NOT to do while racing.

I had to look back to see where you were to know where I was going.

First, you have to remind me of who you are. I am not getting anything from Rogue Vette.

Fourth, I will stick with my Stop Techs. I have been down the stock brake road for years and am out on that one.

Fifth, my engine cooling has not been an issue since I have opened the hood and redirected the air flow. And Aero is very Cool Looking!

Some things were missed.

Yeah , I am slightly lighter ....but that is probably my body weight as I am 170 lbs, or so.....I bet the competition wieght difference is the difference between my personal wieght and yours......I also have a supposed extra 29 horsepower, but I dont believe your car was on the dyno all week and that particular dyno may have been reading a little high (stock '06Z reading 477sae rwhp ???? thats a little tall). The 29 horsepwer difference should have been over came by your superior aero and more expensive brakes......Plus whcih you had the best in the buisness helping you with your car....Can't wait to get all of my WCGT pieces on my car , I have had them for 4 months.

What if's and could've beens.....I am just happy to have survived the alignment changing contact in the first corner.....driving a car for 40 minutes with 5/8" toe-out on soft tires is a BAD thing, let me tell you.

Look forward to seeing you all next year...hopefully earlier than September.

Thanks Bob for the kudo's........we worked hard just to be there , let alone compete.

Some things were missed.

Yeah , I am slightly lighter ....but that is probably my body weight as I am 170 lbs, or so.....I bet the competition wieght difference is the difference between my personal wieght and yours......I also have a supposed extra 29 horsepower, but I dont believe your car was on the dyno all week and that particular dyno may have been reading a little high (stock '06Z reading 477sae rwhp ???? thats a little tall). The 29 horsepwer difference should have been over came by your superior aero and more expensive brakes......Plus whcih you had the best in the buisness helping you with your car....Can't wait to get all of my WCGT pieces on my car , I have had them for 4 months.

What if's and could've beens.....I am just happy to have survived the alignment changing contact in the first corner.....driving a car for 40 minutes with 5/8" toe-out on soft tires is a BAD thing, let me tell you.

Look forward to seeing you all next year...hopefully earlier than September.

Thanks Bob for the kudo's........we worked hard just to be there , let alone compete.

Hey Danny,

Congrats on the win/s. Great job.

It was good to meet you and thanks for the tips.

Ernesto

Some things were missed.

Hey Danny, Those things were no slight against you. I think your set up was spot on and you drove very well. I was stating an observation from my point of view. You are about exactly right on body weight.

I am sure you are not challenging my integrity by not being on the dyno. I don't think anyone who ran next to me in a strait line would question that. Jay Matus had his car dyno'd at Lou's just before I did and he came in just under what Lou's dyno read. So, I am very confident i would come in under the 499.6 I dyno'd at Lou's.

I am also disappointed I did not have an opportunity to get to the track dyno. Between handling our class director responsiblities and fighting my power steeering and then continual fluid leaks...

I am not sure what C6-Z06 you are referencing, but I know the yellow one was not "Stock."

I love my "Expensive Brakes" I bought them used for $2,000 for all 4 corners from a guy here in Ohio at the and of the last championship.

The Aero is very very cool to look at, kinda gives it a race car look.

We could argue the math all day, but you had better HP&TQ to weight than I did. I simply under estimated what I would need to compete and WAY Over estimate my tire situation.

Danny, you have earned my respect as a driver and racer with your "understated" car. Wings and splitters inspire certain expectations of a car that may not come to pass. To look at your car, no one should expect the performance you wrangle out of your unit!

I'm glad we stuck around for the T1 race, it was a blast watching you guys. Danny, I thought for sure you bent or broke something in the suspension after the altercation with the Viper. Looked like you popped (no pun intended) in the air a good 2 ft!

Have the C6-Z06 guys found an alternative to the flawed factory Z06/Z51 rotors? (besided switching to aftermarket brakes altogether) I heard GM only casts one directional rotor (I forgot if its R or L side), and the opposite side gets the backwards rotor. If used in competition it will obviously overheat the opposite side. You guys using an aftermarket rotor, or swtiching back to 12.8" C5 stuff?

I'm running the base C6 12.8" brakes w/ C6 rotors (uni-directional vane structure, and thicker) with success.

Let me see... Lou logged in just to rant and cry about his boy getting the beatdown at the Nationals by an "amateur" team. <>

Then, the lack of professionalism is noted by many and the post is edited-- three times ?

Good job! Before you jump on the keyboard and start slighting people.. just take a step back and grow up. It's all fun. Bring that $185k WC car next year... RAFT will be in full effect AGAIN!

Here is the deal,

Danny and I talked on the phone and we agreed that the first poster needed to delete his post that brought LG into the thread unnecessarily.

After that happened then he and I both deleted the entire discourse.

If you want me to start again, then I will have no problem speaking up.

I only post facts and since you saw the other post then you know the facts.

Later,

LG

I never saw the first rant.. by looking at the "edits", it's very easy to see what occurred.

Plain and simple. You logged in to "clear the air" per se.. and should've just left it alone.

After 2 edited posts here, there's been a wealth of racing knowledge shared in such a short time.

Hey Danny, Those things were no slight against you. I think your set up was spot on and you drove very well. I was stating an observation from my point of view. You are about exactly right on body weight.

I am sure you are not challenging my integrity by not being on the dyno. I don't think anyone who ran next to me in a strait line would question that. Jay Matus had his car dyno'd at Lou's just before I did and he came in just under what Lou's dyno read. So, I am very confident i would come in under the 499.6 I dyno'd at Lou's.

I am also disappointed I did not have an opportunity to get to the track dyno. Between handling our class director responsiblities and fighting my power steeering and then continual fluid leaks...

I am not sure what C6-Z06 you are referencing, but I know the yellow one was not "Stock."

I love my "Expensive Brakes" I bought them used for $2,000 for all 4 corners from a guy here in Ohio at the and of the last championship.

The Aero is very very cool to look at, kinda gives it a race car look.

We could argue the math all day, but you had better HP&TQ to weight than I did. I simply under estimated what I would need to compete and WAY Over estimate my tire situation.

Danny, you have earned my respect as a driver and racer with your "understated" car. Wings and splitters inspire certain expectations of a car that may not come to pass. To look at your car, no one should expect the performance you wrangle out of your unit

No Kevin, I was not questioning your integrity....It was a pleasure to finally meet you and compete against you and the other ST1 competitors.. Aarons, yours and my car were are fairly even matched and each had different distinct advantages. Tom's car was probably engineered a little better than all of ours since it was a factory built race car....

I haven't got any experience on the tires that you were running , but I have known others to have unpleasant experiences on the tires you were using....My Hooiser DOT's performed flawlessly even with my rearranged toe at the start of the race.. You should give them a whirl next time, they will treat you right, I promise.

I was never near you on the straightaways to assess your power level, but I am sure your car was not slow... Were you faster than the ST2 Audi . Sorry , I couldn't help myself.... I am sure that you had your hands full with all of the problems that you were encountering. Fluids all over the place including the windshield is a HUGE distraction.

As was said above the "stock" C6Z was blue not yellow. I know Lou breathed on the yeller' one a bit (it went like stink on the straightaway), and 477 out of a stock C6z is strong. My car dynoed 6 more than it did back here in Cincy. All dyno's are slightly different. I need to work on my tune some more, I am not really happy with the power output. It is on a VERY conservative tune (rich and no timing)

Thank you for allowing me to gain your respect, I work very hard at what I do and go as fast as I can afford (which isn't enough) ....I wish I could gain more respect from others in your neck of the woods. I am not holding my breath though ......

Gotta go buddy...other things to tend to.

Hey Danny,

Congrats on the win/s. Great job.

It was good to meet you and thanks for the tips.

Ernesto

Thanks Ernesto....

Glad to finally meet you, I have heard all good things about you from Paul.....no problem on the tips, I am sure you will return the favor sometime

I damn near missed my race meeting trying to watch the AIX/AI race, I left and you were in the lead...what happened ????

Your car is awesome !!!!!

I ran into the back of the #17 car going around the carousel setting up for the front straight. It was just a very light tap but my bumper support is weak. Lesson learned..

It held on for a bunch of laps while I was in the lead but it decided to break 2 laps prior to the finish

The setup tips you gave worked, it worked so well that I developed a push instead. Some of the adjustments I made actually were not effective and maybe even went the opposite way. One day I hope we can discuss..

Good luck with your remaining races and stay safe out there...

Regards,

Ernesto

Ernesto..........

that is one bad ass race car you have

I'm w/ Danny..I love AIX. I would go out onto the grass between turn 1 and the back stretch. I loved to listen to the AIX engines scream down the backstraight!!!! AWESOME!!

The one race I wanted to watch on sunday was the AIX/AI race>>>>unfortunately they called the group D race meeting right when they threw your green!!!! major bummer

Let me see... Lou logged in just to rant and cry about his boy getting the beatdown at the Nationals by an "amateur" team. <>

Then, the lack of professionalism is noted by many and the post is edited-- three times ?

Good job! Before you jump on the keyboard and start slighting people.. just take a step back and grow up. It's all fun. Bring that $185k WC car next year... RAFT will be in full effect AGAIN!

First, Let me say congrats to Danny on a well put together effort.

Second, EricVonHa, you don't know me and to call me "Lou's Boy" is Way the F*** Off Base. I suggest you check your key board before you get to deep into something you can't back out of!

Third, I am an amateur race team. I am the rig driver, crew chief, mechanic and driver. Lou and LG helped me with parts, set up and other prepartion items. In no way was this an effort by LG Motorsports Professional Team. The thing is I could bring his WCGT car and it would have been perfectly legal for ST-1. I just hope I could get close to the 1:24s and 25's they run with those crappy Toyo's.

Fourth, The mistakes made at the NASA Championships were all on me! As addressed in to original post and intent of this thread, as Danny has echoed in his response.

Fifth, and maybe most importantly, I missed everything prior to your post. So I am not sure where you are coming from or who you are directing your tirade against.

Edited by Guest