Anderson Motorworks #69 Available for Buttonwillow

TheWho

OK guys,

Lets put a stop to the 160hp nonsense. Mr. Ray is sitting back getting a laugh out of the reaction to his post. The AMW car is legal and always will be. It has never been dynoed and if it was I'm sure it would be in line with all the other cars that are fresh, have a chip, headers, and a free flowing exhaust.

Ask Benbow how fast the car is. He closed up on me every lap at Ca FOS when we were flat out on the oval.

It makes absolutely zero sense to spend any money on one of these engines for cheater internal mods for this series. What could you do? Spend 800 for a lightened drilled crank and a lightened flywheel for 500.

That might get you out of the corners a bit faster. The same effect can be had with a LSD tranny.

The AMW car is for sale / rent. It is financially unwise to put money into a car that will never be returned. This is a fun venue that is affordable and should stay that way.

I know there were some "raised eyebrows" as Timmy put it after David well at the POC Event. Rather than claim cheating, how about giving David a little credit for his driving. Sure, it was his first "race" but it was his 3rd or 4th time on the track at WSIR. A few weeks prior to that event we spent a weekend with the car shaking it down. David got tons of track time in the car. We had video of my line and compared it to his. The result was he lowered his lap times by 3+ seconds. Look at the lap times, Timmy was still faster as were a couple of others. A second place finish for David was a result of his driving ability as well as his good start which resulted in great track position. As far as pulling anyone on the straight, well, that's what a short 5th, good exit speed, and minimum weight can do.

Let's keep it real and don't be sucked into Mr. Ray's trap so easily.

You crack me up!!!!

It had always been said these cars are well designed from the factory. That is one reason I've kept my car so simple. I started at 1:46 at WS and I am now down to 1:39's. I have done nothing but drive the car. The car is not getting better it's the nut behind the wheel. Timmee as everyone is getting more track time you will eventually be caught. It just may happen sooner than you think!! Joe you were right and I think that was the point. There is nothing aside from cheating you can do to win except DRIVE BABY DRIVE!!

Mr. Ray that Rat Bastard! If I were 12 inches taller and 100 pounds heavier, I'd I'd I'd..... Heh heh. Probably still get my a$$ kicked.

So he was stooging us. So, what work was done during now and the last event? I thought that discussion had come up previously about the top end being finished or something?

As for shaving, I only meant enough for a single shave IN CASE something happened. The only performance item I put on was that LSD unit whilst we were into the car. And the cat replacement was not as much for performance as for saving weight. I'm actually more reluctant driving on the streets now the thing stands out with such volumes belowing out. So, no chip, no dyno work, no tuning. Just spec mods and basic running needs. To be honest, I'm too lazy to screw around with things. Give me a car that runs (well) and I'm happy. I hate even having to screw around with sway bars. It's my hands, I hate to get them dirty!

You know I could do with knowing where some of those weight savings can be had? Still need to extract about 100 pounds. Removing weight is the fun part because it involves breaking things and pulling things apart. That much I enjoy. Need a car stripped, give me a call.

P.Dilly.

I will say one thing is for sure: there is a lot of B.S. being slug. If that was DR’s intention everyone abidingly rose to the bait; whether he was trying to stir things up or not is irrelevant. Whether JA has built a 190hp (at the crank) engine or not is also irrelevant. What is relevant, is that there may or may not be loopholes in the existing rules, that could be legally exploited to create a marked performance gain. Can it be done?

Undoubtedly there are certain individuals and shops that posses a higher level of knowledge, skill and experience that enable them to build a better mousetrap. This is NOT cheating; moreover, in series such as ITS, these engine builders are to be coveted; example: Milidge. However, in a spec series, vis a vie OUR spec series, it is directly opposed to the intentions that provided the impetus for its creation. It is a Drivers’ Series not an Engine Builders’ series.

This is no way is condemnation of Anderson, Extreme or any other shop that can build an engine that runs like a scalded ape. Instead it is the acknowledgement that there may be loopholes in our present rules and that the consequences of not closing said loopholes could be an increased cost to current or future spec racers attempting to keep up with the technology drift. Eric, as the guy that is likely in line for a JA motor, you are a case in point. And if Eric is not an example, then I am. For my first call yesterday was to my shop inquiring what it would take (read: cost) for me to legally get 10, 20, 30 extra HP.

See what I mean?

I am not inquiring about a JA motor as I am very happy with my shop and their recomendations so far. I/they don't believe you can do anything legally to get that much extra HP. Headers $500 +/- 1-2 HP, chip +/- 1-2 HP air filter? Shaved head maybe another 1-2 HP. The top runners are (legally) running 130-134 HP at the wheels. I figure I'm at 120-125 HP as I seem to get pulled on the straights (barring exit speed). I figure on the $1k I saved on mods thats 3 weekends of track time which will benefit any driver more than the possibility of gaining 5 HP!!

By all means close the loopholes if you feel the need but give plenty of warning and thought to the process because I don't think some guys will want to give up the headers for stock pieces so easily. If a car is in question then dyno it at a shop where other cars have been dyno'd and compare them. Joe/Tim we all know what can be done legally and you guys know what illegal mods look like and feel like.

We had Pauls car come over to So Cal with an illegal cam and not to insult Paul as he's a nice guy he said he just put that cam in for a PCA race and his car was legal when he raced with Joe in NASA. (And I beleive him) but the point is the cam didn't do that much either!!! My point is lets just race and not worry so much about who has what and if their illegal or not. DR posted to get things stirred up and he did a great job!!! Does this mean the first person to beat Tim or Joe will get protested? I hope not! Most of the illegal mods that do minor things are easy to spot. (injectors, regulators, flywheel, we can measure heads and check compression) Lets go racing and have some fun!!! It would be a shallow victory to beat your friends knowing in the back of your mind you cheated to do it!! JA said the motor is legal and hasn't been dyno'd. When DR got by me on the straights at WS he had a better run off the corner then drafted me for the sling shot effect. (That won't happen next time DR!! )

Lets get ready for some fun at BW and give Timmee a run for his life,

I am glad you guys see my point!

BTW...

With respect Paul's car. Are you guys SURE it was an illegal cam?

There are two legal cams for 944-spec cars. 83-85 cars came with one cam and 85.5 - 87 cars cam with another cam. Not sure if 88 cars came with a 3rd cam or not. I do know Paul was running a late Cam. On the track in our last race together Paul and I had great battle and neither of us could pull on the other at all. Only place we could pass was by using traffic to gain an edge. I never had a problem with Paul's car being super powerful on the track.

That's just what I herd through the grapevine. I'm sure he was within spec's when he raced you. I've also been told a cam won't do much either unless you do some other work along with it. ie cam gears to offset timing. Our motors unfortunately or fortunatly are pretty good as they are. Not too much you can do unless you get real creative!!

Not too much you can do unless you get real creative!!

That is exactly my point: remove the incentive and the means to get "real creative"

My goshhhh! Now I know where all the stink came from . Don't know how to do that fancy copy and paste you guys do, however, the part about (16x) that was a typo. It was suppose to be (16X9) or 144 .

Us software guys always characterize a missing digit with a "n" not an "X". Sorry for the confusion guys. I've been wanting to replace the keyboard on this computer for a while now.

Don't go tearing down you engines looking for the HP it ain't there. And Mr. Kohmo you don't have to waste your day tomorrow re-writing the rule book for the club.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

Mr Ray,

1. I don't believe your "16X " was a typo. I believe you were bragging before Neal and John collared you about letting that info out. You posted that the car had a new chip done AFTER the Fontana race running with Benbow.

2. My name is spelled C-O-M-E-A-U. Please get it right in the future.

3. The rules may have to be adjusted from time to time as a preventative measure against engines "outside" the intent of the rules. That may FORCE owners of these cars to go run with the Touring Car club, and not with NASA or the POC, where they may risk a protest and subsequent teardown. In any case, I don't mind rewriting the rules every month if it keeps the playing field level.

4. I'd like to suggest that you start using the emoticons more often. That way, an attempt at humor won't have a chance of being misunderstood as disrespect.

5. Your disrespectful post in the past, regarding Mr. Marguglio, was over the line. It was the only one where I felt the need to have the moderators not only delete the post immediately, but reprimand the writer.

6. I want the spare tire well and the spaces behind the rear wheels of the # 69 car exposed at every NASA race.

To be clear......you have annoyed me. (there's no emoticon for that.)

Hey Tim,

Great weekend at the Q. We had a blast, it was a tuning session more than anything for us, but I'm sure Neal had a great time out there with the others.

I'm not sure about the issues between you and Dave, and I want to stay out of it. Dave is really a great guy, His humor is subtle , but when you get to know him, you catch on pretty quick . Knowing Dave as I do, I'm sure he gets fired up, but his intentions are good. Have a beer and dinner with him, you'll see

I'm not sure what taking the covers off the rear wells will do. We need the weight, and its not against the rules. I just did it to clean it up back there. I like the way it looks, simple, flat accross the deck.

THanks for your help with the Spec sticker Neal and I both appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Take Care,

Mr. Moderator: aka "SUPERMAN"(TC)(my posts are the expressely authorized and the approved by the written transalations of the modern day Slipknot and are hereby Ludacris):

1. I can use whatever chip I want (even though it ain't my chip that I'm using, because I "just arrive and drive, baby"!),

2. Sorry about the spelling: You'll be known in the future as "Superman",

3. Glad you have time to re-write rules for a 944-Spec class, hopefully one day I'll see you standing next to Bernie ECCLESTONE (not!),

4. I really, really liked it to ...... and of course see you go off.... searching for tears.... did you see that babe.... Mr. Superman gett'n beat... yes me with your comments.... what I am.... not tonight.... never..... maybe..... when I see you.... always.... always when i see (nevermind).... only at my children and TC..... YEA JOHN.....

5. This is the funny one! "Your disrespectful post in the past, regarding Mr. Marguglio, was over the line. It was the only one where I felt the need to have the moderators not only delete the post immediately, but reprimand the writer. was over the line, was over the line, was over the line, was over the line, was over the line, was over the line, was over the line...."

(TC) Superman: didn't you use to work at AWM?, I wasn't the originator of the flame. Mr Marguglio was!! I don't like imbecile's making crack pot remarks against garage they've never visited. How contreaue! That's ok though, Mr. Superman get's rid of the response and not the agressor.

6. You'll have to talk to JA about that, I only "arrive and drive, and someday you're "SUPERMAN posterior will get a wooop'n" and when "I" do, you better be hoping you have a suite!.... I'll also have some Toyo bucks for ya !

Now, now, now do I need to send you boys to bed without supper??? I like the beer/dinner part though!!

Don't start changing any rules till you've found rules that need attention. The cheaters (if we have any!!) will fail the rules as they are already. After all they made the post in jest.

The rules say how the lodge protest but do not talk about costs. Who pay for the disassembly? Who deos the work? If the car is illegal I assume the car owner pays for fix and repair, but if the car is legal who pays to put the car back together? I don't think the car owner should pay that bill? Does the guy making the protest pony up the money?

Remember guys this is supposed to be FUN!!!

JA - Thanks for the 2.8 pistons!! You're right they do look stock!! IT"S A JOKE!!!!!!!

See ya'll Friday night!!!

Damn those skeletons just like my past wives they keep come back. I did send the guy a email Christmas card.

Don't worry Superman, I've since read the Bobby Knight Anger Control book. Just watch you back , I mean rear view mirror.

TC, Once a VASTard always a VASTard.

Did you guys kiss and make up? We don't need no party poopers around here. Or I'll have to open and can of Aussie whoop a$$ on you muppets. Whack you guys with my boomerang and stick me did-ger-re-doo where the sun don't shine (from you guys)! And watch out or I'll send a Dingo over to steal your babies.

P.Dilly.

None of those scary Aussie customs, please. I'll just stick to the effective communication method. Wow! Sometimes you worry me, Dylan. I'm scratching your name off my list of possible "roomies " for this weekend.