2008 rules??

Red Tornado

they might be moving away from using the number stamped on the side, since the tire mfg can really put whatever they want there anyway

I'd be interested to see what 5pt and 7pt choices there are... I hope at +5 its not just the ol' RA1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Tom A

• 1LapSRT

• Varkwso

Sure they are.

http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=44

Not certain of the actual publish date, but the 2008 SCCA GCR was available last month, and planned changes have been publisized all year in FastTracks.

Not true, some items are still 'proposed'. The proposals are there, but not official yet. In SM the 99 shock hat rule isn't finalized, nor are weights official yet. That's racing. Deal with it, Greg and NASA are doing a good job, and we know rules won't change much.

Edited by Guest

Not true, some items have not been decided yet. The proposals are there, but not official yet. In SM the 99 shock hat rule isn't finalized, nor are weights published yet. That's racing.
Whatever. If a handful of items will be coming out in a future fasttrack, BFD. The 2008 SCCA General Competition Rules have been out almost a month, and are available on the SCCA website right here:

http://www.scca.com/documents/Club%20Rules/GCR2008.pdf

Granted, they are not the "official" rules, and they are not a replacement for the printed book, but at least they have something to work with to build for next year.

Unlike us.

What are you talking about Allen?

I opened up the 2008 SM rules and searched on the 1999 SM shock top hat rules and there is a spec on the top hats which is

"from the SCCA 2008 sm 2008 rules pdf"

1999-up cars shall use the bump stops from the Mazdaspeed kit (p/n 000-04-5993-AW) in conjuction with the 19990up stock upper mount assembly consisting of the upper mount (p/n: NC.... etc.)

There is a specifications table in the rules with all the Miatas with all the approved weights - the 10:1 CR 1.8L Miata is listed as having to weigh 2425 lbs.

Everything in the rules seem official to me, nothing listed as proposals.

Even if there are some outstanding items, what would we be talking about? .001% compared to 100%?

Joe Craven

telemetry = beamed back to the pits real time - not allowed

datalogging = stored electronically in the car, looked at later - allowed

- Ken, who is one of MANY that runs a DL system in TT, including during Nationals

- Ken, who is one of MANY that runs a DL system in TT, including during Nationals

Oh nice, I thought it wasn't legal. Guess I can call MSD today.

Thanks Guys.

Oh nice, I thought it wasn't legal. Guess I can call MSD today.

Thanks Guys.

make sure you wait and get the latest G2X that has the predictive laptime feature

make sure you wait and get the latest G2X that has the predictive laptime feature

I believe that is called a traqmate?

how sure are you?

Traqmate has its advantages, but one of them isn't a readable screen during a session (in comparison)

how sure are you?

Traqmate has its advantages, but one of them isn't a readable screen during a session (in comparison)

True on the readable screen.... I have to improve my mounting location, just to be able to set it before a session. It's bright as he11 for about 3 seconds when you turn it on...then it dims and I can't read the screen.

It does have the predictive lap times now and also a theoretical best lap time option. It can take all of your "best" segments and find out what time you can run if you could link every segment at your fastest time.

I have the windshield suction cup mount for my traqmate and have been able to see it just fine. (mine is an older display unit, not illuminated)

Very cool you guys get this feature too. you'll love it.

So if I was the new rules, where would I be?

There are supposed to be less changes than last year, but it is already past when the rules came out for 2007 (which was 3 months later than they should have come out).

This is unbelievably frustrating. Who do I need to call and yell at to get them published?

(which was 3 months later than they should have come out).

Wouldn't that be before Nationals?

I'd rather they take their time and get them right, then rush them out and then have problems or, worse, have to make mid year changes.

predictive lap timing is going to be a downloadable software upgrade.

so older models will be able to take advantage of this as well.

I actually beta tested the feature at Cal Speedway. I believe the official version will be available soon.

how sure are you?

You do know the new screens are much better, and the unit also has a backlight, right? I sent mine in and got the memory doubled, screen done, etc.

I love the thing.

Now with the more accurate times (instead of .000, .025, .050), its better than the g2x in my book. The qualifying feature is handy, Used it last time out.

edit: oh yeah, this post was a hope that i'd show up here, and the rules would be posted.

I'll be skipping the first nasa event this year, due to the lack of "GIT R DONE" on the part of the rules committee. Not gonna go out and run a car in some class, then be swapping and changing.

Geh, makes me love open track days rather than nasa-organization.

Happy holidays.

• 2 weeks later...

how sure are you?

True on the readable screen.... I have to improve my mounting location, just to be able to set it before a session. It's bright as he11 for about 3 seconds when you turn it on...then it dims and I can't read the screen.

It does have the predictive lap times now and also a theoretical best lap time option. It can take all of your "best" segments and find out what time you can run if you could link every segment at your fastest time.

How do you do the theoretical best lap thing anyways.

How do you do the theoretical best lap thing anyways.

Using the traqview software, open your session file and check Segment Analysis using the Setup button. Then from the track map, click segment tools, auto-create segment.

Your TBL will now be available from the laps you can select.