Ways to beat TC!!!

Spec-944#70

Of course, I'm all for the new stock track width rule. It's the simplest, cheapest way to maintain equality in that area. Until the rule is changed, I'll run the car the way it is while running with NASA. Dan hasn't changed anything that I'm aware of. The 944-spec website has been out of commission for some time now.....

Yes, 924S's are better aerodynamically, but they give away alot in track width.

Yep, Joe. The temp will be up there, but we'll see how the engine likes it after the sun sets. Also, this fall it'll be cooler.................It's hard to set new track records in the heat of summer.

If you look at "My Laps", you can see I cut a number of 1:37's during the May 1-2 weekend with NASA. My 1:36.9 was with the POC.

I am convinced that the cars will do 1:34's at Willow, given optimum conditions. I really believe it's within the cars capability, and that makes me try even harder. I had a good spin in turn 1 last event! Yowsah!

Remember intent is equal cars and where there are differences between cars our rules shoud attempt to equalized the differences in the safest ,easiest most effective way.

I think Joe makes a GOOD POINT. I'm sure our "Series Director" is more than willing to abide for the good of the series? So, you need a set of lat offset cookies Mr. Timmee?

P.Dilly.

Nope. I'm fine just the way I am for now, thanks.

Actually, I'm the one who started the stock track width idea. Joe and I worked on it together, then emailed our ideas to Dan Webb for rules changes.

Also, there's no such thing as late offset cookies. Phone dials are the wheels with the 1987-88 offset of 52.3 mm.

I want to do well overall at the Enduro. That's the main goal for the weekend. That's why I'll keep the cookies on there for now.

Are you going to Sprint Race that car? And, if you worked on the rules, shouldn't you abide by them? No pressure or NOTHING!!!!

Heh heh heh.

P.Dilly.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:45 am Post subject:

QUOTE:

I agree with Joe on this one. I like the idea of everybody being the same track width too. The easiest and cheapest way to do that is to keep what the cars came with. It's FREE!

If not, I'm afraid we'll be shopping for combinations of trailing arms, A-arms, hubs, spacers, wheels, to get the "new" width. I suppose you could backdate in order to be able to run the lighter cookies?

I'll keep my old steel A-arms for now. But I'm sending my phonedials straight to the acid dipper........

That was a joke guys...............please don't acid dip your wheels.

Tim Comeau

Maybe you guys are misunderstanding me? I'm the guy who saw the problem and went to work to fix it in order to save YOU money. I tried to change the rules a while back. It didn't go through in NASA, we got it fixed in the POC. I hope NASA will follow suit soon.

Guess what? We have to play by the rules as they are now. Make sense?

I'm not giving away one "legal" ounce of performance to the Hondas for this Enduro weekend. Sorry, but I want to finish well overall, so I'll practice, qual and race the car as is.

Hey Mr. Tim. Why are you posting under Packfill? Oh no, Packfill quoted your post. Excuse me.

You can race the Enduro any way ya like. But, Timmee, will you sprint race that car or the convict?

We're sorry............Mr. Comeau has ordered radio silence for the team during the last week of race prep. This will allow the team to fully concentrate on prepping the new Enduro chassis with respect to driver systems, team equipment, graphics, etc.

Thanks for your understanding.

Mrs. Moneypenny

Comeau Racing Enterprises, Inc.

Great. So we can make up all the lies we want about Timmee and he wont saya darn thing!

Hmmm, I heard that Tim's new car has an illegal cam in it. He knows, but is going to run it anyway.

Doh.Dilly.

• 2 weeks later...

Believe it or not, I was underwhelmed with the new red car's power. It sure was loud, but didn't seem to go any faster than the Convict car. Maybe it was the heat? We were turning 1:38's in the desert heat. How hot was it?

Naw, I was doing just fine as is. Set fastest lap of the weekend. I was just expecting to feel more power? My ears are still ringing. Good thing I was shifting at only 6,000 rpm! I'd be deaf now if I really rapped it out!