AZ spec-944 drivers coming to Fontana on the 31rst and 1rst.

Tim Comeau

Tim,

One small error..

The same thing happened when Joe Paluch entered his car in a Spec-944 race. Joe had the short 5th gear and fuel injectors from an 87 car on his 84 chassis. Both were perfectly acceptable under our rules, but not Spec-944 rules.

I never entered any spec-944 races. I could not because my car was not legal for their series for the reasons you mentioned.

Their rules have changed now and unless I did not read them right update/backdating of gears, injection or most other things is legal in spec-944 now. The max compression is 10.2:1 for them vs ours of 11:1. Other differences include shocks, tires and wheels which are more restrictive under 944-spec and weight 2625 vs 2600. Oh and there are probably few more minor issues.

Well no after the split.

As of Aug 2002 there was only 944-spec and before september there not really any "races" in class. Come September we started having real races. Split happend in late August / Early September. I had my 924S gearbox and 87 injection in the my car since the Fall of 2000 when I first built it in the pre 944-spec days.

I have to agree with Tim and Joe, on this issue.

1- I think it is great that the AZ Spec-944 Guys went to play with the 944 spec guys... Kudos!!!

2- There are differences btwn the groups aside from the people, the cars are fundamentaly the same, minor differances .. but I dont think there should be all that much difference

3- This Riveraly (SP?) needs to stop, the Attitude that one is better than the other is what has caused major riffs in the AZ racing communittee, causing perm. damage and over all hurting the level of competition in AZ, Not just in 944 class but all classes. There should be a basic level of respect amoung all, which I know that Tim and Steve Sap. will be the first make sure that occurs, in this group!

Like one person called it a cancer, virus or anything else you want to call it.. As I have said before we are all gentleman and in the other group some ladies, we need to act like it and also remeber that we do this and spend all this money cause we love the sport, and its all about ejoying your time and the money we have spent doing this cause lets face it we all have jobs, stress, bills, families, this is about us having a good time, a rush and drinking a beer afterwards then going into the office on monday (or in september tuesday here in AZ) and going to your co workers going my weekend was way better than yours!! ( Priceless) Just my 2 cents or IMHO

Jason

I like it..............

Thanks, Jason.

It seems that more people believe, like us, that the 944 groups should be racing together. Gathering the 944's for great, big racing fields seems like a noble thing to work towards. It's going to be only slightly easier to achieve than Middle East Peace, so I'd appreciate any help from anyone in this endeavor.

Just like the Berlin Wall, people on both sides have to want to tear it down..........

Can you imagine starting fields of 20-30 944's!? I can. I've seen it on the Aussie 944 series website.