New Member with Questions...

PaganiZonda

Yeah, but I wouldn't think they're that low, the SPEED GT cars seem to do fine at tracks like Sebring, Lime Rock, and such. The tracks NASA runs shouldn't be much worse. These cars aren't too much lower than those right?

Also, taking the jackman from the pit equation really saves us a DQ too. In the rules "if any of the crew is hurt, you could be DQed." So there's where the hyraulic or air jacks would help us.

if you have to change tire(s) for a 3hr you've got bigger issues I think...

I'd check out a few events before I started writing too many checks. Theres some things you just need to see for yourself

Well, not necessarily for a three hour only (maybe just some fresh rubber on the final stop) but you'd definately need a stop in 6 hours or more, we plan on running the 25 hours someday too.

Oh to be young, and have such big dreams.

And budget...

An air jack system will put you back $5000 installed. Money well spent on other things.

You really need to attend some NASA races and observe what it takes to go racing. Watching it on TV doesn't even begin to show you what's all involved. Or the costs involved.

An air jack system will put you back $5000 installed. Money well spent on other things.

Exactly, and that's what kbrew meant by low hanging fruit.

You really need to attend some NASA races and observe what it takes to go racing. Watching it on TV doesn't even begin to show you what's all involved. Or the costs involved.

I don't know...Jake may just have it all figured out. Ya never know.

I'm pretty sure the team could work up the amount...I'm guessing 50-75k to build the car (and make it sturdy)...I'm pretty sure we can get close to that amount in 2-3 years or so, if we're a little off, we wait longer...

And I know alot about road racing, it's pretty much the only racing I watch. When you're hooked on the ALMS, you start watching other leagues too. I always try to catch some of the SCCA Runoffs...

I'm carefully planning this out one step at a time...I'd be kinda far behind if I never signed up here.

IROC ran the 911, the Camaro's, Dodges and Firebirds.

Camaro got the IROC name from this series, not the other way around.

Yea, I uh know about the series, I had a '74 Camaro back in '74 before they came out with the IROC badging.

What I didn't remember was IROC runn ing 911s.

The series was started by Roger Penske in '73, running the new Porsche Carrera ('74 model). Penske had Porsche build them because they were the only manufacturer that could build them for a reasonable price, have them all be truly identical, and be very reliable.

Whats up with the porch in your sig...

The '74 IROC was run with camaro's if I recall...

don't remember '73

I don't see a porch. Only a Porsche (the "e" is accented too). 1973 was run with the 911's, started by Roger Penske as mentioned.

It's also VERY hard to find those cars, even pictures.

1973 was also my favorite year of 911, that's when the best of the Carrera RS was shown. 210 hp, lightweight, etc. A super car of its day. I'd love to have a '73 RS someday, one of my dream cars, along with the Zonda F, and don't leave out the new Challenger in black (mmm, so sleek)...

Still memorizing the rules.

I've started more training with the team too. Me and a few of the guys ran a local 5km race, and for their first time racing that distance, they did exceptionally well.