Pics from VIR

Jim P.

• Members

Awesome racing this past weekend at VIR - what a great group!

aivir20041.jpg

aivir20042.jpg

I am definitely motivated now to get back out there with all of you...

Great group photo guys.

Mark - CMC doesn't run with the AI/X guys in your region?? That's a shame, as it makes for a very interesting race - some of the faster CMC guys can outrun the newer/slower AI cars. It's cool.

We run CMC and AI together all the time in TX, and all the drivers like it.

Great group photo guys.

Mark - CMC doesn't run with the AI/X guys in your region?? That's a shame, as it makes for a very interesting race - some of the faster CMC guys can outrun the newer/slower AI cars. It's cool.

Although CMC is supposed to be part of AI/X they only run at certain OH/IN/VA events which makes absolutely no sense. I'd love to see them at all the events as it obviously increases car count and would add some additional excitement not to mention the additional people to socialize with.

Great group photo guys.

Although CMC is supposed to be part of AI/X they only run at certain OH/IN/VA events which makes absolutely no sense. I'd love to see them at all the events as it obviously increases car count and would add some additional excitement not to mention the additional people to socialize with.

LOL. old news!!!

Your information is wrong Mark. CMC runs every race weekend, just like every race group in OH/IN. What is the old news?

LM

They may be able to run every weekend but their championship is not based on the results of any one region. If you look at http://www.cmceast.com/news_is.htm you will see that their "points" races span 3 seperate regions.

Your information is wrong Mark. CMC runs every race weekend, just like every race group in OH/IN. What is the old news?

LM

They may be able to run every weekend but their championship is not based on the results of any one region. If you look at http://www.cmceast.com/news_is.htm you will see that their "points" races span 3 seperate regions.

Thanks Mark.

I was clarifying that CMC is an invited race group for each of the 9 race weekends that OH/IN has. Wasn't speaking for CMC points. Wasn't speaking for CMC on the east or west coast. Wasn't speaking for a posted schedule. Just clarifying that CMC is an invited and trophied race group in each of the OH/IN weekends. No more, no less, just a clarification of the facts.

LM

Just clarifying that CMC is an invited and trophied race group in each of the OH/IN weekends.

LM

Lawrence,

The way this sounds to me, you are saying that CMC can run with you guys, which is great, but also with other groups. I read this to mean that each induvidual region does not have its own CMC group, but that CMC on the east coast can run with any of the 3 regions on the east ( you, VA and SE).

My question, then, is why can CMC have their season spread over 2 or 3 regions and be an 'east' series while AI/AIX seems to be limited and split up over different regions, breaking up car counts, and can't really be looked at as an 'east coast' series. Seems to me that all three series should be treated the same. After all, according to the west coast, CMC is part of AI. Does this mean that there will be a true AI/AIX EAST series

soon??

• Members

What?!? My evil nemesis??

I think you have that reversed - you would be his evil twin

(the intent of this email is to be humorous, any misconception is purely at your discretion)

"My name is Jim Pantas and I am going to Snowshoe Mountain"

Will:

What I was saying is that at each of our OH/IN events we give a trophy to the CMC winner. At the end of the year, we will be giving a trophy or trophies tot the CMC top three for the MWRRC (Midwest Road Racing Series). Same as we will be giving trophies for AI, AIX, GTS, HC, etc. CMC drivers can drive where they like, and they may each be going for other season trophies as well. I can only tell you what they will get in our region. I am sure if you got in contact with the CMC series directors, they could confirm what other trophies, etc. CMC drivers are able to achieve. If they can score another championship, then adding our trophy is icing on the cake!

Again, my post was to make sure everyone understands that CMC cars are welcome at all NASA OH/IN events. It seemed like there was confusion as to wether or not a drive could bring a CMC car to a OH/IN event, and I am confirming that they can, and get a trophy, and run for points.

LM

Will:

What I was saying is that at each of our OH/IN events we give a trophy to the CMC winner. At the end of the year, we will be giving a trophy or trophies tot the CMC top three for the MWRRC (Midwest Road Racing Series). Same as we will be giving trophies for AI, AIX, GTS, HC, etc. CMC drivers can drive where they like, and they may each be going for other season trophies as well. I can only tell you what they will get in our region. I am sure if you got in contact with the CMC series directors, they could confirm what other trophies, etc. CMC drivers are able to achieve. If they can score another championship, then adding our trophy is icing on the cake!

Again, my post was to make sure everyone understands that CMC cars are welcome at all NASA OH/IN events. It seemed like there was confusion as to wether or not a drive could bring a CMC car to a OH/IN event, and I am confirming that they can, and get a trophy, and run for points.

LM

Can American Iron do the same or are they "locked" into a specific region? Thanks

• Members
John - Are you returning to run in AI next year?

Did you buy a car? Any pics yet?

I'm waiting for an answer.

Come on down to Road Atlanta this weekend, it'll give you a nudge in the right direction

Actually from the way things are shaping up he would be better off saving his pennies and coming up to Mid Ohio in a couple weeks!

http://www.racenasa.com/ENTRANTS_MIDOHIOAUGUST.htm

Note the number of CMC cars attending and then also note that it is not on their points race calendar and you'll see why my original comments regarding CMC make sense.

Will:

LM

I think we may me missing each other. In your view, is the CMC series an east coast series that can run with you guys, VA, SE, whoever, or do you, as OH/IN director, have your own CMC series that is regional?

We have our own points championship in addition to any other championships that might be out there. Midwest Road Racing Championship (MWRRC). That is what I have been keeping my comments to.

As for John's question, I believe that is currently on the AI leaders table of things to discuss. No matter what, we will always have a regional championship for all race classes to provide for those who wish to race regionally.

LM