Nationals 2008 - ROLL CALL!!

Trackrocket

OK, who's going? I'm sure there's a forum somewhere in which we could view the list of entrants, but I haven't had the time nor the patience to look so far. Anyone know of a good place where there's a list?

A couple-three questions here:

1 - Are we going to do the same as last year...all go for the hill and claim it as "GTS Territory"? ...I plan on getting there around 5pm or so on Wednesday, just like last year.

2 - I see the post about a potential for a GTS Tent, that would be AWESOME, any more details on that?

3 - Does anyone know if the same dyno will be used as last year? ...just curious as it seemed to pump out #s very close to our local dyno, and that's a good thing.

OK, FOUR questions: Will someone be taking orders for those AWESOME steaks again? If so, let's get it rolling, count me in for TWO.

I look forward to doing it again this year guys - I had a great time last year and felt like I got some things sorted at the BIG-OH...but not enough to pull it off, apparently.

See you all there!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bmw22

• Trackrocket

• Eric W.

• ianacole

• Members

Entry list is in the Nationals section of the forum. Latest list is at: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=23321

1) No clue. I wont get there until late Weds. Hopefully there will be a spot for me

2) That would be awesome. Im just following the other thread.

3) Dunno about other people, but for me it reads HIGH! 12rwhp high that is. Before last MidO event I dyno'd 251-252. Got to track and it read 262-263! Came back home and went to another dyno and I read 254! . Id recommend either running additional weight in case you get impounded, or paying and getting dyno'd. Since it is nationals, Im probably going to do the latter just to make sure Im ok.

4) Steaks?! MMM Im down for good steak.

There will be a spot for you Eric, guaranteed.

Last year, about this time...we had it all planned out as to the spot we'd stake out and the steak count...figured I'd get a thread started.

WOW, on a quick count I came up with 16-17 for GTS3 and only 9 for GTS2?? ...half a dozen GTS1s and looks like the GTS4 crowd is kicking it up a notch from last year with 11?? Only ONE more GTS5 car to make contingency...c'mon guys!

Alright, now that I've seen the list, I'm getting excited!

I have to admit, this Nationals will be by far the hardest I've worked to get to. With Diesel nearing $5 a gallon (although, slowly going down) and Super Unleaded not far behind - geez, I figure about $900 in fuel expenditures.

John Haas has done the steaks the last two years and he's not running Nationals this year due to motor problems. So I would guess that unless someone else has the connection we'll have to figure something else out.

-Scott/Garage Snob

If I can finally get my car sorted (better late than never!), I'll be at the Nationals. It'll be my first time at Mid-Ohio, so hopefully you guys can hold my hand a little! Max

95 M3 GTS-4

• Members
If I can finally get my car sorted (better late than never!), I'll be at the Nationals. It'll be my first time at Mid-Ohio, so hopefully you guys can hold my hand a little! Max

95 M3 GTS-4

You'll have to ask Barry or Pablo to hold your hands for the shower tour.

Now, I'll admit to gettin' a little old, maybe a bit forgetful, but I don't remember steaks last year. Maybe I missed them on Friday night, but on Saturday, while everyone was flailing away on Sacha's spent car and Christian's spent motor, and Christie's resurgent BMW, didn't we have our Bratwurst and German Potato salad, Sacha had some Lamb, and Jeff, you were raving about that Black Bean Salad Valarie made. Then some late night videos just beyond the fire that Matt and the boys had roaring and the other Christian was drinking to much around....

Any way, if I am wrong.....

Since John has to check out this year, and if someone will guarantee that I WON'T HAVE TO COOK THEM OR BRING THE BIG GRILL I can look into procurring some steaks. But it would be nice if a few of you would plan on setting up a few other things to go along with the steaks. I do food every day of my life, it is nice to get away from it when I am at the track , capisca!

Or if you want the Brats again. Chime in.

Carl, hopefully you're getting old enough to forget the track a lil' bit as I STILL have nightmares of you riding my bumper last year!

Yes, the black bean salad was awesome...so far we haven't been able to produce some that measures up to the one Valerie brought.

The same night John H. brought some steaks over for the people who had "reserved" one...they were on the same grill as the brauts.

I have a good 11hr drive and I don't have a "connection" with regards to getting some good steaks - so if you or anyone else wants to keep tally, put me down for TWO as my buddy Jason is volunteering to be 'crew' this year again.

The girlfriend wanted to come along but I told her the Nationals were going to be all about business!!

95 M3 GTS-4

... LOL... I may have to put 3 more BIG A_S Red "R"s (one for each corner of the car)

I am trying to prepare psychologically for the abuse... But I am ready for the track. Have been practicing in GTR2... LOL...

All jokes aside, Rookies participating in Nationals, and with no previous laps in Mid-Ohio should automatically be allowed to race in the next lower group. In my case, GTS2. That would be safer and certainly appropriate.

I can bring some PR Rum....

There will be a spot for you Eric, guaranteed.

Last year, about this time...we had it all planned out as to the spot we'd stake out and the steak count...figured I'd get a thread started.

WOW, on a quick count I came up with 16-17 for GTS3 and only 9 for GTS2?? ...half a dozen GTS1s and looks like the GTS4 crowd is kicking it up a notch from last year with 11?? Only ONE more GTS5 car to make contingency...c'mon guys!

Alright, now that I've seen the list, I'm getting excited!

I have to admit, this Nationals will be by far the hardest I've worked to get to. With Diesel nearing $5 a gallon (although, slowly going down) and Super Unleaded not far behind - geez, I figure about $900 in fuel expenditures.

$1000 entry fee at this point.... most classes are done at this point. GTS 5 turn out this year is a little better than last 2.

Fc

95 M3 GTS-4

Don't drop the soap!!!

OH I won't, trust me.

Sincerely, I hope you kick some arse this year...I am still impressed by your CG300 win in February!

Jeff