'08 Nationals in Car Video from H1 2nd place finisher, #727

jmeris

Why is no one considering a B20Z (non-vtec) for H2 next year? Sorry if this is a hi-jack, maybe should move to another thread.

Because all the cars that can make weight for the B20 can also make it for the B16 and I think most think the B16 is the better motor choice. But until someone puts one in and runs we won't know which is the better motor, H2 is still very new It's gonna take awhile before we know what is the best motor choice.

Why is no one considering a B20Z (non-vtec) for H2 next year? Sorry if this is a hi-jack, maybe should move to another thread.

Oh but wait....SOMEONE is considering using a NON-VTEC B20 in H2 next year...He told me himself. Here's a couple hints: He raced H1 at Nationals, he started from P2 in the championship race, he drove a red CRX at Nationals, His # is 25, he won the first season of "Set-up".

guess who-

I am scared of B20's. Fragile! Lol.

no don't be scared, embrace them

All they need is some TLC.

I revved mine to 8800rpms SAFELY....some people on the east coast take them to 9500rpms!!!!!

NOW that's insane!!!

I will probably be running a Non-vtec B20z built to the limits of the rules in my CRX for H2 as well. Seems like th ebest choice, as they actually make a good bit of torque, and th eweigh can stay around 2250.

Your video reminds me of how pee-piddily-diddily poor my gearing was for Mid-O. The right damn gear is sitting on a shelf here which makes it even worse. With my driving I couldn't afford to lose any drag races.

I am actually working on this as well. What FD do most of you run? In particular the Integras? I have GSR (running in PTD) that I am changing the FD on. Currently I have the 4.4 but looking at the 4.785 or 4.9

Are there pro/cons with 1 vs the other (ie: with 4.9 would I find myself going to 5th more than once a lap?)

Hey Ron,

nobody will help you here unless you move from PTD to HC.

Hey, I see you guys run, learning my ways before I get thrown to the wolves...

Honestly though, HC is/was my choice, but the GSR is H3, which doesn't really exist - at least not regionally in Great Lakes. Perhaps with some more tweaking I can get up to where I won't be a pace car in H2 and then make the switch.

*edit: Andrie: is that your white/blue/yellow TSX? I came across it a month or 2 ago and I actually have it saved on my computer for ideas on paint schemes next year.

I know, I know. Convince these guys to tell me its the right gear and its sold.

I just do not want to have to shift to 5th more than just the back-stretch at Mid-Ohio (my home track).

I'm running 4.9's in my EG Civic with a stock GSR motor. At MO I did have to shift more often than I like. Coming up to the Keyhole I shifted into 5th for about 3 sec. and then had to downshift. Coming under the bridge and before the turn into Thunder Valley I would shift into 4th for a sec or two and then downshift again. Two extra shifts per lap isn't THAT bad and the FD works well at the other tracks I run: Summit Point, Pocono, VIR. We'll see how it works for Watkins Glen next week and New Jersey Motorsport Park in Nov.

*edit: Andrie: is that your white/blue/yellow TSX? I came across it a month or 2 ago and I actually have it saved on my computer for ideas on paint schemes next year.

Yes, that's mine. Don't forget to send the royalty checks