• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red Tornado

• stevepoe

• Burnett

• robbodleimages

Hey guys. Thanks for putting this together. Several of the tracks I would like to run so I'm going to try and get back to the racing thing next year and join you.

Will for sure do:

VIR

Road America

MidOhio

Road Atlanta

Watkins Glens and Sebring would be tougher.

Bill

Bill glad to see you are still with us. Wondered where you were this season.

Alright sebring provides some interesting choices. Give us thoughts about the following:

- Top 2 points finishes count for each individual.

- double points event (and still allow the total weekends drop so only best 8 races all year count).

- only last 40 minute race counts.

Of course I for one need to refresh as it has been 10 years for me on that course so practice will be interesting.

Jeff,

Am I reading your schedule right? No morning warmup/practice for the racers?

Our warm up/practice/qualifying are all in the same session. Our racers down here(myself included) prefer to have more "race" time so we voted to make the first session of each day the qualifying session, then we get 2 full races each day. The finishing order of the first race of the day determines the starting positions for the second race. Yeah it sucks if you need to bed in brakes or haven't been to a particular track before but I think its a small sacrifice to have more races.

Jeff,

Am I reading your schedule right? No morning warmup/practice for the racers?

Our warm up/practice/qualifying are all in the same session. Our racers down here(myself included) prefer to have more "race" time so we voted to make the first session of each day the qualifying session, then we get 2 full races each day. The finishing order of the first race of the day determines the starting positions for the second race. Yeah it sucks if you need to bed in brakes or haven't been to a particular track before but I think its a small sacrifice to have more races.

We do the same in Texas, but have a separate warm up on Saturday morning...if we need to bed pads, we usually work something out to go out in an HPDE session with the race director. 4 race weekends or even 2-20's and 40' minute race on Sunday is pretty good too. We just don't have the HPDE car counts here so we get more race time!

• 2 weeks later...
Steve, double check us. I think these dates are all correct. If you find on the region web sites that we have something listed wrong, let us know. Otherwise this is it!

Robin

You have a rental available for any of those dates?

bb

Just saw this and am interested. I will look through the schedule and see what works, Road America is a given, but there are to many tracks on there that I have always wanted to run at.

Brian

Robin and I have finalized most everything and he is working to get it up on a website.

I am working to get free sponsor trophies and maybe some contigencies- but do already have Andrew Racing and those awesome hawk pads already.

Keep in mind it is a normal NASA AI race so all normal toyo bucks, etc.. do count.

Depending on the completion of the rebuild, I plan on attending as many as possible. Sebring may be a tough pill to swallow considering I plan on attending Bluegrass!

Excellent, if anybody wants some transportation I will have a open spot on my two car trailer out of Cincinnati. This will be available for a good part of the season till my rental car is ready. I plan on doing 100% of the races at this time and a possibilty of going to Nationals.

Robin and Chris - Thanks for putting this together!

I'm actually getting excited about racing again and it's because of the great list of tracks you've put together.

I'll see you all at VIR!

This looks like a great deal for us East-Coasters but with these dates we can't compete in our region (Mid Atlantic) and the East Coast Series because of the date conflicts.

Two of the six conflict and another is a back-to-back weekend.

Am I missing something or do we have to choose one or the other?

Am I missing something or do we have to choose one or the other

Jimmy,

nope your not missing it that is the plan. just a group of AI/AIX racers making our on schedule run what you would like.

To set a schedule that works perfect for each region would be difficult if not impossible.

This series, and correct me if I'm wrong, is to give a driver the option to compete for a championship at a variety of other venues outside of his/her region. But if your goal is to win a regional, then by all means go for it and attend an ECS event when you can.

• 2 weeks later...

After practically racing myself into poverty a couple of years ago, I've decided to try a little different approach. I'm actually going into this year with a specific budget amount that I can spend and stick to it. Unfortunetly, if something happens to the car, I won't be around very long.

I've been going back and forth on whether to do this series or run the normal Great Lakes regional races. After doing a cost analysis of both series, it looks like it will be slightly cheaper for me to run the East Coast series if I leave out Sebring. It's basically running 5 AIECCS races instead of 7 Great Lakes races.

Hopefully the cost of diesel stays somewhat reasonable. I will also be sleeping at the track at every available opportunity and I won't be doing any of the Friday practice days. I've open tracked at VIR, Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen so I may not be real compeditive, but it will be a helluva lot more fun than running Mid Ohio 3 times a year.

I hope to have a really good time racing this year!

Something to look at is several regions allow one or two cross over events to count for points.

For instance for us VIR and CMP events in the MId-atlantic can be used for SE points

You can only count a max of two a season but it does allow even more flexibility.

The AIECSS though is simply a big group get together and have some fun.

As for back to back I will likely do Road Atlanta only two weeks before VIR in March.

I need some practice before the first big race.