PhilsTireService - the New Hoosier 18" Radial Slicks

philstireservice

A little self promotion, but we have a bunch of Hoosiers for sale:

New/Used R6/A6/Wets: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27041

New R100 Slicks: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=27042

Definitely looking forward to getting in some more seat time on the Hoosiers this year. I've only run a single dry session on them, at Watkins Glen O'fest for BMW CCA, but I set fast lap of the weekend on my only shot at running in the dry all weekend (my dad and I were sharing the car). I like the contingency too...we rarely get to take advantage of contingencies running slicks it seems.

I've only run a single dry session on them, at Watkins Glen O'fest for BMW CCA, but I set fast lap of the weekend on my only shot at running in the dry all weekend (my dad and I were sharing the car). I like the contingency too...we rarely get to take advantage of contingencies running slicks it seems.

I'm curious what kind of lap time difference you see between good R6s and the slicks.

I'm curious what kind of lap time difference you see between good R6s and the slicks.

If a car is optimized for both, I don't think the difference would be as huge as some assume. Over the course of the race, the R6's are faster at the start (and for probably the first 1-1.5 laps) and the slicks will definitely be faster past that point until the end as they don't tend to go away like R-comps do (at least not for us). Given the "best lap" scenario for each tire, the difference will certainly be noticable but it's not the 3-5 seconds a lap that I constantly hear about from folks who run R-comps and need an excuse for why they are 5+ seconds slower than their buddy on slicks.