from the smack talk forum

mikeski38

Anyone out there play Gran Tourismo 3? If so, this is where you should post your fastest times. In my household, the car of choice is the F094s, but if you think you can go faster in something else, be my guest.

You can choose any of the tracks available in the run and setting mode in the garage. This will from now on be knwon as, "THE BOARD" I will update it as faster times are posted. Good Luck!

Laguna Seca:

1st 56.381 by Brian Lock F094s USTCC

2nd 56.428 by Mike Lock F094s HC

3rd 57.665 by D Lux F094s HPDE

4th 1:00.841 by Ryan Walton F094h AI

5th 1:01.361 by 0x1 F687s

Apricott Hill:

1st 54.530 by Mike Lock F094s HC

2nd 55.642 by Brian Lock F094s USTCC

3rd 58.090 by Ryan Walton F094h AI

4th 59.494 by 0x1 F687s

Midfield:

1st 51.828 by Mike Lock F094s HC

2nd 52.104 by Chris F094s HC

3rd 53.502 by Brian Lock F094s USTCC

4th 54.250 by 0x1 F687s

5th 54.403 by Ryan Walton F094h AI

Now there is no way to check so don't lie about your times, and try to stay on the track, alternative lines are discouraged. This thread can also serve as a Gran Tourismo 3 Driving technique and setup guide.

Yea, I think I remember what it was like to be a collage student, that was a long time ago though.

So now back the SCCA thing..........LOL...........if you raced SCCA you could race a Laguna Seca for real..............

my fastest car right now is the RUF with 1050hp its lacking the handeling department. but i dunno how to make a RWD handle. oo ya im only at the amuture level of the game been playing for like 100 days or something liek that. i have too much fun fixing up cars.

Baaah!!

With my new PDQ Motorsports/GOTO Racing cage, I will roll all of you....wait this thread is about GT3.

OK,....with my new PDQ Motorsports/GOTO Racing cage I will roll Jimmy's 1050 HP RUF!! That is even with my new adjusted minimum weight of 2335 lbs.

Get it? Get it? I said 2335 not 2305. Don't get it? Let me know when you figure it out.

I think the RUF is AWD

in any event i don't really know how to make anything handle beside FWD.

after 10 laps last night i got down to a low 1:45.xxx with the del sol

hmm mikes now over weight in H4? maybe a new minimum wieght for the 1.6l EX in H4??

nnaahhh....

read the cage construction rules Here is another hint. The main hoop was so tight that we had to massage the body to get it to fit.

Sure.

We used a dead blow hammer first. We deemed it too wimpy. Next, we tried a 32oz. ballpeen hammer. Ahhh, thats the ticket.

alright i looked over the CCR couldn't find anything, i guess i don't think 'intuativly'. i give up. pic's please?

I haven't taken any yet. Once I am done, I will. I just need to finish re-doing the fire system lines & the window net.

Parts of the cage are welded to the chassis. The main hoop is welded to the body in four places (besides the mounting plates). If you look at option 5 in section 4.9, you will see that I need to add a extra 30lbs to my min. weight.

intresting i didn't know that 'gussests' mandateded more weight.

im gona have to print out these rules and take them to the fab guy i use, he has some pretty bad ass ideas for great protection and great stiffness, with minimual weight gain.

shit whats better then that??

Well, technically, a gussett wouldn't mean you add more weight. A gussett would be between two tubes eg between the door bar & main hoop or it could even be at a mounting plate & the tube that attaches there.

What Mike Lock & I did was to actually weld the main hoop to the body at 4 more places. The main hoop can have up to 4 bends. The outside corners of those 4 bends are in contact with the body of the car, in the

b-pillar area. The main hoop is welded to the car at those areas in addition to the regular 2 spots at the mounting plates.

PS Guess I will have to start playing GT3....when I am done working on the car.

after 10 laps last night i got down to a low 1:45.xxx with the del sol

10 laps? Check back w/ me in about 200 laps. You still have gobs of time to shave. 10 laps is barely enough to learn the fast line around 1 corner.

I was stuck at around 1:41 or so before I really started tweaking. I haven't been back to the game in a few days (working 60+ hrs/week right now), but when I get some time I have to find a way into the 1:38's.

- Scott

So you think that's going to make you faster?????????? LOL

I can't wait for the race at Sears..................

Here is my new race plan. Draft Ron or one of the Lock's around for the whole race. Wait until they make a mistake. Pass agressively but cleanly. Hold 'em off for that last lap.

PS I already know that this works.

PSS I just have to make sure not to blow the shift inbetween the first two corners & lose five places. (I know that happens too!)

Ron, When are you building your cage in your new car?

It's gutted now but we won't have time to start the cage for a month or so.

Mike Q, try a rope. that might help.

I'm gonna go with a bungie cord. That way when you get too far ahead, I will just snap right past you!!

I didn't know that they made bungee cords that long............