D16 Pistons

HC-AZ

What pistons have been found to work well for the D16's in H4? How much are you actually boring these to keep the engine reliable and actually be able to find a piston that will work?

you must use stock pistons, in factory oversizes only. I just use stock engines. They cost nothing and last 2+ years. The best honda engines are built by honda.

Can't it be an aftermarket piston if there arn't oem ones offered in .040 over bore? They just have to have the same characteristics as stock other then bore? Correct me if i'm wrong.

you're right.

9.1b) Engines may be bored to a maximum of .040 inch over standard bore size. Factory replacement pistons or the exact equivalent shall be used. Exact equivalent shall be defined as the same dome/dish/valve relief configuration, weight, ring thickness and location, and pin location as the OEM replacement piston. Wrist pins must also conform to OEM specifications. In the event that a .040 factory replacement piston/wrist pin is not available, the .040 pistons/wrist pins shall not weigh any less than then the largest size OEM piston for that engine.

yep.

imho, the added expense of buying the pistons & having the block overbored in just not worth it. I can't image it netting anymore that 2 or 3 extra ponies.

Don't spend alot of money on an engine. There are much better places to spend money on these cars. Like, suspension, safety, and track time. With superior surpension components and more track time, you will be much faster then you would be with just a few extra hp.

Don't spend alot of money on an engine. There are much better places to spend money on these cars. Like, suspension, safety, and track time. With superior surpension components and more track time, you will be much faster then you would be with just a few extra hp.

agreed.

plus, if you spend that money on hpde's for track time instead of pistonts, you can score on all of the free barbeque and booze saturday night, THREE TIMES!!! (and watch videos of ron ALMOST beat the locks... jk ron)

I gotta say something as well. First get the suspension worked out then try to spend it on the engine. every pony counts when you want to win.

I say, don't listen to them. They just don't want you to be faster than them

plus, if you spend that money on hpde's for track time instead of pistonts, you can score on all of the free barbeque and booze saturday night, THREE TIMES!!! (and watch videos of ron ALMOST beat the locks... jk ron)

it should be easy beating the locks...

just look how they race

Yeah thanks for that boost of confidence Brian Z. I just miss going wheelin' in my jeep, thats all...

BTW...is your gunna make fun of me, at least get you video to run smooth...

Yeah thanks for that boost of confidence Brian Z. I just miss going wheelin' in my jeep, thats all...

BTW...is your gunna make fun of me, at least get you video to run smooth...

In all seriousness I think you did a great job controlling the car as it left the track. You didn't spin or hit anything

also, the video my be choppy for two reasons. first, if your trying to stream it my server gets busy and can cause this. Second your computer (unlike you) may be to slow.

here is low res version that should play smooth

Z,

I think that Mike was just afraid that you were going to pass him....he needed an excuse

That is what happened with Chris & me. He saw me coming & psychically willed the flagger to wave the black flag @ him.

Well mike, not too far off. Yes I saw the rookie comming up in my mirror and I believe that his presents there indeed helped me off the track. Now we know that H4 cars can't go wide open through 3 and 3a. FYI...

Well mike, not too far off. Yes I saw the rookie comming up in my mirror and I believe that his presents there indeed helped me off the track. Now we know that H4 cars can't go wide open through 3 and 3a. FYI...

I find this surprising. As my H1 car can take it with only a slight lift.