Already 10 for VIR East Cst Series, Update within...

Red Tornado

A little motivation for those on the fence. Special thanks to Jay Andrew and Andrew Racing for all of his support in making this even better than we expected.

They will be our Major Sponsor.

More details will come next week but expect the following for East Coast Series:

- Bonus Points to your total series points for attended regional events (so those concerned about which to do, the answer is both!!). If you attend the event in your region it's like you already get double points. For every two regional events attended you will get nice bonus points towards Series points.

- Specific Track Race Winner and entry stickers. Top 5 will get receive and not just for saturday but also Sunday as well.

- Nice trophies for top 3 every event and top season.

- Huge support from Andrew Racing and Hawk will be really apparent in season placement and will go very deep - Top 5.

That is besides the excellent normal Andrew Racing, Toyo, etc.. kickers at each event.

Come join us at VIR for a seperate start.

Also I am and I think others are as well going to be testing and running new Toyo R888's.

Be there on the scene. Tell your friends, get it out on Mustang, etc.. forums for some new fans to show up and be next years rookies...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I’m in for VIR!!

I am sharing my ride with my good friend Elliott Fisher. Elliot will be in the seat Saturday and will be driving Sunday. Elliott will be racing his orange AIX car most of the season but wanted to come to the famous VIR with all the AI guys for a great time with friends. Chris Cobetto of the Mid-Atlantic region puts on a very good event. You won’t be disappointed. I hope this will be an historical event like the big 30 AI car race at VIR about 4-5 years ago when we were a support race for one of the big Pro races there. Great memories from then and more to be created n the 28th.

See ya there!

Jay Andrew AI#11 White Fox body

Just ordered event and season trophies today.

Everyone is in for a real treat.

They are high qulaity acrylic and have stars and stripes on them as well as much more.

Keep in mind Top 3 from saturday race and Top 5 season points champs get some real nice prices and trophies.

Hey guys,

How many of you guys would like photos of the weekend? Some of you may know I am the road racing writer for Mustang Enthusiast Magazine. I will be there to shake down the #05 Cobra R, but not really racing.

I will be there to shoot on the Friday test day and will skip one of the race weekend sessions to get enough shots.

I have done this at Road Atlanta several times and drivers really like the photo sequences that I get for them. 15-25 shots on a disc that I have burned for you before you load up.

and most importantly its cheap.

I can even get a portrait shot of you with your car, if you like.

Let me know with a PM.

Honestly, Jimmy

What I do is completely different than what the typical track photographer offers. Since I am also driving, I have to keep what I do to a small group.

Like clockwork for the past three years we have had 10 degree weather, tornado's/hail, and 35 degree rain at road atlanta on St Pats day wkdn race.

Good news is VIR at the end of March has been sunny and 60 degrees almost every year so I have good hope the Road Atlanta screwed, VIR good pattern will continue after this past weekend washout at Road Atlanta.

Good news is VIR at the end of March has been sunny and 60 degrees almost every year

I believe you have just put the kiss of death on that weekend! I'll pack a couple more sleeping bags and my canopy for the car.

I am officially in as of now. This was not supposed to happen.

BTW...The long term accuweather is calling for sunny and 68/sunny and 75 for that Sat/Sunday.

Safe travels everyone.

For anyone getting there tommorrow night I will be unloading than and have a garage space and am staying at the lodge.

See you all there.

Oh fyi trophies look amazing!!!

I'll be leaving tomorrow morning, and will be there in the evening.

We'll be sitting around the paddock, drinking beer and hanging out. Look for the black F350 with the American and ford racing flags flying. We'll have a white fox body and a green spec miata.

Stop by, introduce yourself and say hello.

Should be unloaded by noon on Friday. I will be over by the Roar Racing trailer. Hope to see some of you guys during the weekend.

Robin Burnett won race one in a down pour. Chris Desalvo won day two. I'll have more of a write up and a number of photos of day 1 up on MustangOnTrack.com later today.

The turnout was great with 13-14 cars and the racing pretty strong.

I didn't see a lot of on Sunday. I was in the race shaking my car down and taking it easy.

I did see the lead group go by once(thank god only once) and it was a pretty impressive freight train of Desalvo, Burnette, Andrew and Winkler(FR500S/AIX).

The next race is Road American. Followed by Mid Ohio and Sebring. I think the East Coast AI series is really the start of something big.