Already 10 for VIR East Cst Series, Update within...

Red Tornado

I just wanted to let all of you know that I received many compliments from the CMC group and the other Thunder drivers about the AI group this weekend. You guys were gentleman on and off the track and I hope you decide to come back and play again.

That rain was really something. Whew.....I am glad most everyone made it through.

Kent

Director CMC/2

I would certainly return for the same date next season. You guys have a October date that I am sure will be awesome as well. Maybe this time I won't have to tippy toe around the track with a car that was being prepped for a car show.

How did you guys handle the grid/starting line up? Did you start with everyone else in your race group according to qual times or did you all go to the back of the grid together for the start? Look forward to some vids showing the action.

AI and AIX got a split start on their own. IIRC it was group 2 of a 4 group split start. It worked out pretty well as far as I could tell from the back.

AI and AIX had a single green flag separate from the rest of Thunder. I can't wait to see some video as well.

REWORDED.

Edited by Guest

Since I was in the cheap seats for the start, I couldn't see that. I just assumed the AIX guys were in front of the group. I did see you, though. How did you get in the grass?

AI and AIX had a separate green flag. I can't wait to see some video as well.

Hey Jimmy, it was great to see you again. Thank you for the great lunch you put on for us. I wish I could have stayed longer but I had a bad water pump gasket calling my name.

What happened to you in Sunday's race?

Also want you to know that you guys put on one helluva event. Had a great time!

Thanks, Dean, it was good seeing you as well.

On the start, (I'm told) that Winkler missed a shift causing Ferguson to go left around him. I was already passing Ferguson on the outside and moved left to keep from getting hit (as it turns out we all made minor contact). With the left tires in the grass, part of the front end of my car got torn off which cut my left rear (braided steel) brake line. I managed to gather up the car and brought it into the pits with just a few scrapes and bruises. It's been a few years since I was headed for a turn 1 with no brakes so I was content to pull into the pits under my own power.