2010 Camaro SS AI car build in process

pederb

The car was on display for our Friday AI driver's meeting. We christened the car into the AI religion and took a group photo around it.

(I'll locate that photo and post it.)

The car was on display for our Friday AI driver's meeting. We christened the car into the AI religion and took a group photo around it.

You took a group photo around a car that's never even been on the track yet? That's gay. Can't believe anyone gives a shit about a "Showcar" at an amateur event! What a waste of fuel to tow this thing all the way to Utah only to polish on it. Freaking unbelievable.

Sidney Franklin

Wow Sidney, tell us how you really feel. It was nice to see the car there in the build stage still. Gives us some ideas. It will be a rather heavy car. It is 3250 now and still needs a lot more too it. We need something else in AI besides MUSTURDS

• Members

It was a beautiful car - I am glad to see someone building something besides Mustangs! (and I have built quite a few Mustangs over the years!)

Can't wait to see what she'll do, looking forward to racing against it in the 2010 Nationals...

PS. Sidney, I don't remember seeing you in Utah

Jim Pantas

http://www.WildHorsesRacing.com

Can't wait to see what she'll do, looking forward to racing against it in the 2010 Nationals...

Wait a minute, do you have an AI car we don't know about?

Is it now legal to chop/cut/modify frame rails for exhaust clearance, to lower the car

my undestanding that is always has been as long as it's for exhaust.

And certainly NOT for the rear axle!!

Is it now legal to chop/cut/modify frame rails for exhaust clearance, to lower the car?

Didn't think this was a new rule for 2009, is it?

7.3 Frame

The entire tub, floorpan, firewall, and frame assemblies including the cowl and windshield frame must

remain in the stock position and cannot be relocated. “Cowl” is defined as the metal structure installed by

the factory between the firewall and base of the windshield. “Frame” and “framerail” are defined as the

parallel boxed metal rails running the length of the car that form the basis of the unibody or frame.

“Floorpan” is defined as the sheetmetal forming the floor and trunk floor of the car. Cars may not be

“channeled” to raise the floor within the body or lower the body below the frame rails. The only

modifications to these structures allowed will be in the following instances and no secondary purpose for

a modification is allowed (i.e. electrical cable passage facilitating suspension clearance). If a modification

is not listed below it is specifically not allowed.

a) To facilitate the addition of safety equipment such as subframe connectors and roll cage bracing (i.e.

roll cage may extend through the firewall to strut towers);

b) To facilitate plumbing or electrical access. For AIX only, plumbing shall include intercooler or intake

piping, but all air intakes must be mounted outside the cockpit.

c) To facilitate transmission fitment or access.

d) For installation of a fuel cell or fuel tank access. S197 chassis Mustangs may relocate the fuel tank

from the rear seat stock location to the trunk area behind the rear axle.

e) For exhaust clearance. This does not allow exhaust components to be run through the firewall, which

is not allowed.

Brian

You took a group photo around a car that's never even been on the track yet? That's gay. Can't believe anyone gives a shoo-shiddily-diddily about a "Showcar" at an amateur event! What a waste of fuel to tow this thing all the way to Utah only to polish on it. Freaking unbelievable.

Sidney Franklin

Yes..... two of the sponsors wanted the car out there for exposure of thier products(they did the hauling and paid the expenses).......thus the reason (exposure) for them to sponsor it. Is that a tough concept for you to comprehend?

Suck on a lemon Sidney, it might make you less sour.

Brian

Brain, For some reason Chevys don't get sponsors. Don't get mad, sponsorship is a foreign concept for them

How "gay" Sidney? Gay is driving or owning a Smart Car. Nowone here would do that, would they??

I rip on people because I care.