944 Spec videos from #999

cbuzz

Thanks for posting the video, Charlie. Great job.

I kept watching it hoping for a different result at the end but...

Big Dog

That will be in the DVD release, with viewers choice endings.

Thanks for posting the video, Charlie. Great job.

I kept watching it hoping for a different result at the end but...

Big Dog

Your not the only one.

Joe and Jim, you guys drove a great race and both deserve the win. I was lucky and just got by. Every one of my passes from 5th place forward was from capitalizing on a mistake from the driver ahead. Somehow I was able to complete every attempted pass with out contact. Any one of those passes could have ended poorly.

I got lucky and had enough experience to make it happen. I'm sure it won't be like that next year.

I would race with you guys anytime. You are both a class act.

Charlie Buzzetti

Joe and Jim, you guys drove a great race and both deserve the win. I was lucky and just got by. Every one of my passes from 5th place forward was from capitalizing on a mistake from the driver ahead. Somehow I was able to complete every attempted pass with out contact. Any one of those passes could have ended poorly.

I got lucky and had enough experience to make it happen. I'm sure it won't be like that next year.

I would race with you guys anytime. You are both a class act.

Charlie Buzzetti

This is a good example of the fact that strategy and race craft tends to win races, and that's what makes our racing so exciting. If I wanted finishing results that reflected everyone's best lap times, I'd go back to Time Trials. I definitely prefer the 100 mph game of Chess that we all play.

I'm looking forward to next year... The spec tire problem should be behind us then, and I'm sure our class will give people another exciting race to talk about.

Oops my Bad,

You got no chance, So-Cal is going to dominate all the top spots (we have arranged for Joe and Norm to defect).

May as well just stay home

I am still working on my smack talk, it looses some meaning from what is in my head hahahahahahah

C Buzzetti

2009 944 Spec National Champion

I just watched parts 1,2 and 3 for the first time and Charlie, I cannot believe how far back you were at one point. I am watching this going "there is NO way this guy won" Talk about pacing yourself and being in the right place at the right time.

Congrats again!!

BTW, what camera are you using? Great quality and very stable with all the gator dancing you did.

Thanks again Michael, if the lead pack did not battle I would have been left in the dust. Pure luck on my part.

The camera is a Sony DCR DVD 810. It was about $400 as I recall. It has 8gb of internal memory, a Sony ProDuo stick and a mini DVD recorder. I never use the dvd recorder since it is just dumb and only records for 20 minutes. The 8 gb of internal memory is good for about 90 minutes at HQ (Mpeg2) 16:9 view.

It seems to work great.

I was advised to stay away from the hard drive cameras since we put them through so much vibration.

The hybrid idea is nice since you can record to different media all in the same camera once you fill up the first one.

I have always been happy with Sony.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I have a Sony still camera and currently a Samsung Memory Card video cam, but wish to upgrade sometime for next season. I have always like the Sony stuff too.

BTW, I think you need to update your signature, you earned it, now you should flaunt it.

C Buzzetti

2009 944 Spec National Champion

Jim, time for you to update your signature as well.

You are the GTS-1 National Champ as well as runner up in 944 Spec. Both worthy accomplishments in my opinion.

Thanks for the idea, Mr. 209 National Champion Buzzetti. I am afraid that being the GTS1 National Champ (with four cars and only two of those on Hoosiers ) hardly seems like a worthy accomplishment compared to being FIRST out of 34 equal cars, oh glorious champion of all things 944.

And second is the first looser.

Big Dog

Remember what a once great racer said (Ricky Bobby) "If you ain't first, your Last!!!!

Just kidding, I agree I would rather be 1st than 2nd, but 2nd place in a field of 34 is nothing to sneeze at.

Just as easily could have gone the other way.

Luckily we race in a class that can have 5 cars close together at the end of 40 minutes.

Yeah looking at the results the first 5 cars to finish crossed in less than 4 seconds behind. Not bad really.. I think the top 6 or 7 were with in 5 seconds. That is competition right there. Any of those cars could have won it all with some luck. Heck there were some classes that did not even have 7 cars total not to mention 7 finshers in 5 seconds of the leader.

Joe, I assume that you have paid David a copyright fee for the use of the award winning photo contest picture. I would hate for you to get a nasty attorney letter.

Big Dog