Nationals race now showing on http://www.speedcasttv.com/#

Norman#99

It still just says "coming September 22" on the main page for me... I found that you have to click on the "view all races" link, then it'll show you a low-quality version for free, or better quality if you're a "silver" member.

Saw the video.

Great racing. Announcer needed some work though. Had I know he was going to foul up much I would have gotten a special grid sheet for him showing a small photo of each car with number and name. Next year I guess.

I am suprised how little incar stuff they used.

I agree that speedcast could have used more in car footage, can Weston or some of the other computer wizzards take everybody's videos along with the speedcast video and edit them all together and even over ride the commentary? Even though I've watched it about 3 times now, I still laugh pretty hard at the names and other mistakes. Last night I decided to try and count the name and position errors and even with my A.D.D., I counted 30+ mistakes. Almost as many as I made!

What was really sad is he could not even get the corner names right.

Poor Eban Bell... He gets is 2 mintues of fame and the guy thinks it is Chris Venturinni instead. Sadly the race is more "exciting" with sound down so we can watch the action and not get laughing due to the number of times Charles Hamden was making passes of Norman Buzzettii which chasing Gina magic out of the hair pin into the black rock hair pin all the while Foxx was in the lead!

I agree that speedcast could have used more in car footage, can Weston or some of the other computer wizzards take everybody's videos along with the speedcast video and edit them all together and even over ride the commentary?

Yeah, I've been thinking about that... We definitely have the technology to do it, and I had already been planning to do something with the in-car videos we were given. It would be really cool to mix in some of the track-side shots that we see in the SpeedCast video, and then find someone from our group who wants to be the announcer.

The problem is just the whole copyright issue with using their stuff... The good news is that the only copyright notice I see on the video is for NASA, and the track-side shots were presumably from Miller's cameras, so maybe NASA has the authority to let us use the footage...

It would be interesting if we could get the track side footage and then mix it with all the incar stuff we got to make up our own version complete all the action mid pack they missed out on. He may be get Dave Balgint to provide color too. He at least know who the drivers are.

Seems like Chuck needs to ask a few questions.

It would be really cool to mix in some of the track-side shots that we see in the SpeedCast video, and then find someone from our group who wants to be the announcer.

I think Chuck should be our announcer. This still cracks me up from last year:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be really cool to mix in some of the track-side shots that we see in the SpeedCast video, and then find someone from our group who wants to be the announcer.

My thoughts exactly!

Wow!.........

I was just about to get on here and ask for Weston's # so we could talk about making our own version of the race.........

Start by removing the voiceover of the commentator. Poor guy didn't know who was who! Could have at least got the class name right. We're NASA's 944 Spec class, not SCCA's Spec 944 class!

One person's in car camera was showing the floor or the ceiling- couldn't tell which! I'd like to have seen the driver changes between cars, which apparently took place while the race was going on!

Let's just chalk it up to it being his first 944 Spec race.

HOWEVER, we can do much better immediately in order to help publicize our class' great racing and it's drivers.

I would be glad to "re-dub" the voice over myself- maybe even tag team it with another guy?

There was great racing going on in other parts of the field, which would have been better to show than just the leaders in a line........just like they always do.

If only racers filmed racers.

I just watched all 3 of my races again, Thurs, Fri, Sat. There's some very exciting roof cam footage. Weston has all my footage.

How 'bout that red and white car sponsored by "Gina Magic?" ( Should be Gina Marie).

I believe I hold the record for the number of different cars driven in one race and a much larger number of driver changes between all of my cars while racing myself on the track. Let's see, how many times did I lead this race (actually only once for about 2 seconds till Charlie went past ). There were places where I made the driver change from car to car in the same corner.

What a hoot and I loved the Gina Magic too.

Big Dog

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't care who you are that is funny right there!

I believe I hold the record for the number of different cars driven in one race and a much larger number of driver changes between all of my cars while racing myself on the track. Let's see, how many times did I lead this race (actually only once for about 2 seconds till Charlie went past ). There were places where I made the driver change from car to car in the same corner.

What a hoot and I loved the Gina Magic too.

Big Dog

Yeah,but austin beat every one. At the same time Austin was in 5th and Newmark was in 8th going down the front straight. Beat that one BIG DOG!

The problem is just the whole copyright issue with using their stuff...

Weston.

If their attorneys are as bad as their announcers, we shouldn't have anything to worry about, the way they mix names up SCCA would probably be the ones to get sued.

Apparently the announcer also knows my brother Mike. Yes I really do have a brother named Mike and he used to race cars as well. And even though the announcer said Mike was racing in this race I could not find him on the entry list and I never saw him at the track

I vote for Chuck and Joe (Yosef) to do the commentating, that was some funny $tuff.

Guys-

Note that this is just the raw footage with the live commentary. Another version will be out later this Fall with new commentary and better post production, so hold your horses until then if possible.

-JWL

P.S. Charlie, if Mike was driving the car would have had four new corners on it by Saturday afternoon!

John,

For next year (assuming some similar live coverage happens) it might be nice to provide a photo book with each car. I did this for 20 car 944 race in Az where we had one 944 racer do play by play. I took a small photo of each car along with driver name and number (got about 12 drivers to a page). This made it easier to ID who what who in the heat of battle. Most cars look different, but to the un trained eye all 944s look a like and it can be hard to spot numbers. We can also provide a phonetic spellings to reduce some of those issues.

If that would help I would be happy to work on creating one for next years race.

No Doubt John, Mike would have fit in perfectly with British Touring Car. He never let a good opportunty for contact go by.

Can't wait to see the final version.

I hope I still won!!!!

Big Dog might be willing to pay to have it end a different way

Great idea, Charlie, If you could pay to get an in car camera, I should be able to pay to get the post production work done to make me FIRST instead of the first loser. Oh, that's right, you didn't get a camera did you.

Big Dog

John,

Let's include some guys from the class in this post-production remake ok? We have a huge stake in making this "commercial" as effective a possible for the growth of our class. Let's please redo it as soon as possible. We want to help get it right.

Just be sure to include "The Pass" hahahahahahahah

I want to make sure Big Dog knows where he finished

I agree Tim, there was very little of the rest of the field. This could be a great marketing tool.

Just remember we don't want to be as successful as Spec Miata. Make it too popular and watch what happens.