2010 Hallett - National AI/CMC Summer Shootout

tacovini

The AI/CMC Summer Shootout is ON! June 12 and 13 are the dates for what is without a doubt the craziest round of pony car racing.

Hallett is the Bristol of road racing. It is short, narrow, and tight! The racing there is tremendous, especially with the large car count we get. You dont know traffic until you've raced Hallett! Dont believe me? Check out the videos!

Last event there were 33 CMC and AI cars from three different regions. In 2010 Jim Pantas promises to bring some east coast guys in his 18wheeler, and other regional directors are interested as well. We're going to break 40 cars for sure. The craziness doesnt stop when the racing does. The Saturday night BBQs are legendary.

Mark your calendars, save your money...this is an event you wont want to miss next year.

-=- Todd Covini

American Iron National Director

We'll get you some discounted beer. If you drink enough that'll make up for the fuel costs

I thought all OK beer was "discounted" for less alchohol content!

• Members
Mark your calendars, save your money...this is an event you wont want to miss next year.....

Calendar marked. Based on the preliminary SE Region schedule, this may be our shortest pull of the year, so count us in.

Hell, we may even forsake our SE colors and become honorary Texans. Ya'll got room for two back of the pack AI Fox Mustangs?

Shawn Taylor

SE Region

AI #76

Robin and I will look when final schedules come out about making this part of the AIECCS if folks would like that added.

Man that is a real tight track.

Robin and I will look when final schedules come out about making this part of the AIECCS if folks would like that added.

Man that is a real tight track.

I've been there for an open track event, but I can't vouch how good of a track it is to race on. I will say that I had a blast running on it though. Any track with a corner named "the bitch", can't be all bad.

The super slow-mo-cam of the entire field is my favorite.

There is no reason why we can't have fields this big in every region.

We'll get there....

-=- Todd

That Good lookin Black 98 Z28 with Orange Stripes WILL be there. Me and Tommy would never miss it. We've blown off race weekends in our own region to make the Holy Pony Car Pilgrimage to Okey. Can't wait to wake up to the sound off V8s and the chicken song!!!!

No Cake Eaters?

Edited by Guest

1050 miles. Yikes. Sounds like I won't be making it this year...

Oh, and if you want to talk narrow, I have yet to see a track that comes close to Waterford Hills in Michigan. If you can pass there cleanly, you can pass ANYWHERE.

Sounds like I won't be making it this year....

bah, put your car on one of Pantas's haulers and fly into Tulsa

- KB, who isn't even an AI/CMC guy but still loves this event

Oh, and if you want to talk narrow, I have yet to see a track that comes close to Waterford Hills in Michigan. If you can pass there cleanly, you can pass ANYWHERE.

Ditto!!

You better have forearms like Popeye if you plan on doing well at Waterford!

I can't tell you how many times my arms cramped up on the drive home!!

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am looking for information. Bristol is a short track known for its "action". Its crash city there.

Does Hallett claim a lot more body work than your average race track?

It has WAAYY more runoff than Road Atlanta, not quite Roebling levels of runoff room though, and this past event was pretty darned clean - I think they're trying to get at the fact that its an 11 turn 1.8mi track, lots of turns not much straights, like Bristol.

It's a big haul for AIECCS but we may think of how to include or maybe it can be like the SCCA trifceta. Win AIEECS, Summer shootout at hallet, and nationals for the triple crown.

Waterford is awesome (I almost rolled a car in T1 back in 94-95 or something ). Nice twisty track. Actually I was just there about 3 weeks ago passing through town, unfortuntaly it was 8 o'clock at night so we just got to tour the parking lot.

Too bad you could never race a group of AI/CMC cars at Waterford. Nice thing about Hallett is you can make as much noice as you want!

Too bad you could never race a group of AI/CMC cars at Waterford. Nice thing about Hallett is you can make as much noice as you want!
Why couldn't you?!?! They have been some noise issues, is that what you're talking about?

We use to race there with T1/T2/AS/IT-E/GT1/GT2 all the time!

Scott, heres a few more laps I did around Hallett in a 500S for reference!

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I must say I learned more about racing trying to get around Waterford fast than anywhere else I've run. On a side note, what kind of times are the AI/CMC guys running at Hallett....counter clockwise? Do they run both ways?

Why couldn't you?!?! They have been some noise issues, is that what you're talking about?

We use to race there with T1/T2/AS/IT-E/GT1/GT2 all the time!

AI ran there 4 or 5 ears ago. The noise restrictions are pretty tight and there was no way I would have passed so I dropped those races.

I don't know if it's because of a low turnout or the noise limits, but they haven't been back since.

I must say I learned more about racing trying to get around Waterford fast than anywhere else I've run. On a side note, what kind of times are the AI/CMC guys running at Hallett....counter clockwise? Do they run both ways?

We only run CCW.

CMC and CMC2 times are 1:29's and 30's. AI times are 1:25's and 26's.