2010 Hallett - National AI/CMC Summer Shootout

tacovini

It's a big haul for AIECCS but we may think of how to include or maybe it can be like the SCCA trifceta. Win AIEECS, Summer shootout at hallet, and nationals for the triple crown.

I like that thinking! Not that I'd have a hope of winning any of them but that definately would be a shitload ton of braggin' rights!

[edit: I did not write shoo-shiddly-diddly...but I was bloody amused that the post was squeezed for language ]

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am looking for information. Bristol is a short track known for its "action". Its crash city there.

Does Hallett claim a lot more body work than your average race track?

Bob, not going to BS you man...but given the tight track and the fact there are a lot of drivers that show up and don't typically race together, yes, there is an slight increase in MINOR contact at the Hallett event....but DO NOT let that discourage you, or anyone from attending!

As for making as much noise as we want....that's also good for pretty much anything, including tow vehicle races, well into the night! I still think my fastest lap around Hallett was in Mixon's golf cart after 10-12 beers and 5 or 6 hits off Boudy's margarita machine at around 9pm...!!! Amazing we found Dave's mirror on that lap too!!!

Right now, Hallett is the ONLY AI event on my schedule next year...hope I can swing it.

Plenty of room to race at Hallett.

Some Raybob action for the day -

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it was this one Mike.

Mosty got punted by Koerner

that was one of two actual incidents that whole weekend iirc

(the other was group 7 - PTC-PTF, two SpecRX7/PTFs got together pretty big right in front of me)

Please don't take this the wrong way. I am looking for information. Bristol is a short track known for its "action". Its crash city there.

Does Hallett claim a lot more body work than your average race track?

Todd's "Bristol" comment was based upon its popularity and a "must attend" event, not the wreck-fest that is NASCAR short-track racing.

I'm surprised he didn't use Monaco as the analogy. Todd's kind of a cake-eater .....

Amazing we found Dave's mirror on that lap too!!!

Right now, Hallett is the ONLY AI event on my schedule next year...hope I can swing it.

We did find the mirror... it was mostly in one piece.

June was my first time ever at Hallett and my rookie season. Mirror came off after very minor door to mirror contact that popped the glass out of the housing.

Seemed to be plenty of room for typical close, tight, competitive AI/CMC racing.

• Members
The AI/CMC Summer Shootout is ON! June 12 and 13 are the dates for what is without a doubt the craziest round of pony car racing....

Ohhhnooo! That was the same weekend as our Road Atlanta June event...but we moved it to the following weekend due to a conflict with my daughter's HS graduation... I tried to get the school to change their schedule but they wouldn't budge!

In 2010 Jim Pantas promises to bring some east coast guys in his 18wheeler, and other regional directors are interested as well.

I'd be glad to fill the 18 wheeler but I won't be able to make the trip - you'll need another CDL driver - see above

Jim Pantas

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/

The AI/CMC Summer Shootout is ON! June 12 and 13 are the dates for what is without a doubt the craziest round of pony car racing....

Ohhhnooo! That was the same weekend as our Road Atlanta June event...but we moved it to the following weekend due to a conflict with my daughter's HS graduation... I tried to get the school to change their schedule but they wouldn't budge!

In 2010 Jim Pantas promises to bring some east coast guys in his 18wheeler, and other regional directors are interested as well.

I'd be glad to fill the 18 wheeler but I won't be able to make the trip - you'll need another CDL driver - see above

Jim Pantas

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/

It's a bit far out to be sure there won't be any conflicts but in a pinch I bet I could talk my brother-in-law into driving it. He's driven everything under the sun except my car so I'll throw in a weekend of HPDE for him and we'll be good

• Members

I was actually stopped in Utah for that - our tractor and trailer are for sale and part of the inventory in our dealership - so they say on the side "Not For Hire" since they are "For Sale". The weigh station in Utah thought I was pretending to be an RV - once I explained that I was a car dealer and everything was for sale he let me go. I made up decals for the side of the truck/trailer now that explicitly state they are "for sale".

In my travels I have learned that if you are up-front and honest (ie. not pretending to be an RV) then the inspectors will generally let you go and possibly have you buy a permit. Unless of course we are talking about the state of Kansas...Dorothy can HAVE that state!

Jim Pantas

http://www.WildHorsesRacing.com