"American Iron Challenge Series -East" 2010 Schedule

Burnett

I was going to make the trip for a weekend event but can't justify the long haul and vaction time for one day of track time on a Monday.

guys have fun.

Steve,

Its really worth the effort. Its a full track weekend in one day. I think its four sessions and two races. five if you run the enduro as well.

The NASCAR garages are great. Its the nicest facility you get to run all year.

7 hours 51 minutes / 459.22 miles

8 hour drive each way. two days of vacation.

1 day of track time ?

one thing I've learned. nothing ever goes according to plan when you put that much fun and cars into one day.

Steve, i live in the east of north carolina. 8 hour drives to the race track are the norm for me. 4 hours is as close as they get. I guess my frame of reference is different.

8 hour drives to the race track are the norm for me. 4 hours is as close

mid-ohio and putnam are under 3 hours for me. Bluegrass is less the 1 hour when it ever opens.

I'm looking at over $100 each way just in gas. plus entry fees . if was a three day event I'd be on my way but can't justify that kind of money for one day of fun.

It's more then just tack time. I like the camping and hanging out. not rushing around to get everything in on one day.

8 hour drives to the race track are the norm for me. 4 hours is as close

mid-ohio and putnam are under 3 hours for me. Bluegrass is less the 1 hour when it ever opens.

I'm looking at over $100 each way just in gas. plus entry fees . if was a three day event I'd be on my way but can't justify that kind of money for one day of fun.

It's more then just tack time. I like the camping and hanging out. not rushing around to get everything in on one day.

x2

If I were closer (or had more vac time) i'd do it just for the experience but I can't burn 2 vac days and traveling expenses for 1 track day. Like Steve, the hanging out is a big part of it and the 1 day at Charlotte is going to be real busy. If it stays on the schedule and becomes a popular staple on the AI schedule then it might be a must-do in the future.