NorCal HC4 driver roll call

mikeski38

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a honda guy from way back looking to get back on the track. I wish I had kept my hondas, I went to school for a while so I had to sell my rides to pay tuition.

A little about myself, I built my first hybrid honda back in 2000 and did the autox/hpde thang, dropped out of racing for 4 years and now I'm a 3D Animator thats way over due for track time.

The HC seems to be a really cool bunch of peeps so I'm looking forward to showing you the back of my honda soon!!

I'm looking for a hpde/h4 car so any help finding a cheap track car is much appreciated.

-Kevin

Kevin, Welcome to NorCall Honda Challenge! We have a great group of guys and a superb leader in Mike Quan. plan on coming to the next race at BTW in April.

GOTO Racing can Rent you a track car for the Day! Give us a call or come by and see us in Scotts Valley. we will be working on cars all weekend getting ready for the USTCC race at Fontana.

Kevin, Welcome to NorCall Honda Challenge! We have a great group of guys and a superb leader in Mike Quan. plan on coming to the next race at BTW in April.

GOTO Racing can Rent you a track car for the Day! Give us a call or come by and see us in Scotts Valley. we will be working on cars all weekend getting ready for the USTCC race at Fontana.

Thanks, I've been talking to Mike about possibly getting a 2nd gen teg with a cage for H4. You GOTO guys are really on it.

I think its great though, I've been on the forum for less than 24 hours and already I have people helping me setup a car. Thanks for helping the series grow!

Here's to hoping to get to Buttonwillow with a car to HPDE...

-Kevin

Kevin,

Welcome aboard! I think that you will find we are a friendly & fun group of racers. Look forward to meeting you. Really look forward to racing against you!!

Mike

Kevin,

Welcome aboard! I think that you will find we are a friendly & fun group of racers. Look forward to meeting you. Really look forward to racing against you!!

Mike

you may be lookin forward, but i'm sure i'll have to look back to see him.. lol .. just kidding..

Welcome to honda challenge.

Kevin,

Mike

you may be lookin forward, but i'm sure i'll have to look back to see him.. lol .. just kidding..

Welcome to honda challenge.

Hahahaha! Maybe I'll paint some giant boobs on my hood to distract you into running off the road..

-Kevin

Hahahaha! Maybe I'll paint some giant boobs on my hood to distract you into running off the road..

-Kevin

sorry.. when i'm racing that would not work... well ok maybe, but i think you'll have a hard time passing tech with that on there.. lol

-Kevin

What makes you think he needs any help with that?

J/K Brian!

J/K Brian!

haha...

I guess I just play too much Twisted Metal Black, I'm still looking for the Missle Launcher specs in the rulebook...

-Kevin

J/K Brian!

haha...

I guess I just play too much Twisted Metal Black, I'm still looking for the Missle Launcher specs in the rulebook...

-Kevin

I dont think that is in the rule book, but there has been talks of grapling hooks

I dont think that is in the rule book, but there has been talks of grapling hooks

i remeber bungy cords being popular too

The bungy cord idea was replace with the grappling hook, we firgured the bungy would not be able to support the load IIRC.

The bungy cord idea was replace with the grappling hook, we firgured the bungy would not be able to support the load IIRC.

...since this is a new car, the grappling hook system has been reworked. We will have to wait until BW to see if we will need to deploy it.

...since this is a new car, the grappling hook system has been reworked. We will have to wait until BW to see if we will need to deploy it.

you mean to test it

instead of grappling hooks, ive developed a catapulting-sparco to propel me across the finish first, by welding my own seat brackets. ask mike how unsafe this thing is... bumping into the back of a competitor should put me in the lead REAL fast....

side note: my selfmade seat brackets will be rebuilt by mike before buttonwillow because i REALLY need to learn to weld before attempting to build something safe.... instead of pictures of my seat bracket, i will post this link to give you an idea of what my welds look like:

http://blogs.macmerc.com/rick/bigbirdcrap.jpg