next season

mikeski38

I would to love to know were these rumors started.. The only two k20a3's actively racing (that I know of) are in the nor cal region and shown to be classed pretty well.

I hope to be able to run next season,and I would like to go up north and run Infineon sometime. I do want to see what happens with H2 K series rules though so I can decide on H1 or H2.

What is changing with the K rules?

For H2,likely Weight added..I am just assuming from rumors though.

I plan to submit more data from my A3 and from a H2 prepped K24A4 engine and see if we can widen the horizon of H2 K series a bit.

I hope to be able to run next season,and I would like to go up north and run Infineon sometime. I do want to see what happens with H2 K series rules though so I can decide on H1 or H2.

What is changing with the K rules?

For H2,likely Weight added..I am just assuming from rumors though.

I plan to submit more data from my A3 and from a H2 prepped K24A4 engine and see if we can widen the horizon of H2 K series a bit.

see.. how do you know this stuff and we don't? Perk of being a socal guy?

The only two k20a3's actively racing (that I know of) are in the nor cal region and shown to be classed pretty well.

Iourie Gourine has a K20 in an RSX. He says it's a K20A3, and he says it has 210 whp.

Edit: He is in the Southeast region

I would to love to know were these rumors started.. The only two k20a3's actively racing (that I know of) are in the nor cal region and shown to be classed pretty well.

I ran my A3 in H2 at auto club. Got 5th and I hear someone saw what I weighed, and assumed it was quite fast for how overweight I was.I guess the driver has nothing to do with it.Hence the rumor for adding weight.

see.. how do you know this stuff and we don't? Perk of being a socal guy?

There are no perks to being a so cal guy,unless you like when someone says they are your friend,and the next day they report your new mod and get the rules changed on you...

There are no perks to being a so cal guy,unless you like when someone says they are your friend,and the next day they report your new mod and get the rules changed on you...

BrianZ is on the RC. He should know about everything right? I mean the RC makes research and make rules together, right?

I feel bad to anyone who that happens too. BrianZ has been a great class leader, and amazingly has done an outstanding job of separating his job on the RC from his championship, and he is ALWAYS in the championship fight. It would be easy to use your influence to get the rules changed in your favor, but there has never been and indication of that. A class act.

To have your competitors check out your car, the go and start writing rules, yeah that sucks.

But it also sucks that the rules are always seem to be written based what the socal RC guys are seeing in socal races. All the other regions just operate on the fringe, and we have to constantly put up with a fluctuating ruleset that makes no sense to US. And then when it becomes plain that norcal racers have been making more of the ruleset that socal, suddenly, the socal guys see it like a "problem".

I think it is plain that the community needs to come together more. I think bringing back multiple crossovers per season is one way to do that. Getting the RC to be more diligent about collecting data from more than one region would be another.

But it also sucks that the rules are always seem to be written based what the socal RC guys are seeing in socal races.... And then when it becomes plain that norcal racers have been making more of the ruleset that socal, suddenly, the socal guys see it like a "problem".

You don't have to tell me twice.

I think bringing back multiple crossovers per season is one way to do that. Getting the RC to be more diligent about collecting data from more than one region would be another.

Maybe bring back at least ONE crossover...btw, it's so cals turn to come up to nor cal isn't it? I don't remember, but was the last crossover was at Buttonwillow in '04???

Iourie Gourine has a K20 in an RSX. He says it's a K20A3, and he says it has 210 whp.

H2 prepped K20a3?!!! Wow, that's a lot from a H2-K20a3, that's K20a2 hp territory.

If that's the case, IS the engine to run in H2

H2 prepped K20a3?!!! Wow, that's a lot from a H2-K20a3, that's K20a2 hp territory.

If that's the case, IS the engine to run in H2

Having seen it in action at Road Atlanta, I don't have a lot of doubt about the power he claims. But I do have some doubts about the legality of his engine...

Having seen it in action at Road Atlanta, I don't have a lot of doubt about the power he claims. But I do have some doubts about the legality of his engine...

Well, I do know how a K20a3 can attain K20a2 power. But it involves switching the a3 exhuast rockers to the a2 rockers and using the a2 cam-but yet retaining the a3 head. ALL oem parts, but I wouldn't think H2 legal. Unless you remove the valve cover, one couldn't tell.

Those things dyno 210+whp.

BrianZ is on the RC. He should know about everything right? I mean the RC makes research and make rules together, right?

I feel bad to anyone who that happens too. BrianZ has been a great class leader, and amazingly has done an outstanding job of separating his job on the RC from his championship, and he is ALWAYS in the championship fight. It would be easy to use your influence to get the rules changed in your favor, but there has never been and indication of that. A class act.

To have your competitors check out your car, the go and start writing rules, yeah that sucks.

But it also sucks that the rules are always seem to be written based what the socal RC guys are seeing in socal races. All the other regions just operate on the fringe, and we have to constantly put up with a fluctuating ruleset that makes no sense to US. And then when it becomes plain that norcal racers have been making more of the ruleset that socal, suddenly, the socal guys see it like a "problem".

I think it is plain that the community needs to come together more. I think bringing back multiple crossovers per season is one way to do that. Getting the RC to be more diligent about collecting data from more than one region would be another.

I agree. +1

My biggest question is why do newer cars and drivers not come to HC? I want to see more DC5s,2009 civic Si's in the field and S2000's you know.Yet we remain a vintage series beating B series and early 90's shells to death,still arguing about B series technology,when at the same moment Honda wants to participate in the growth of our series. I see no direction really,and that's why we are all at each other throat,because we are simmering in stagnation. Open up K series engines,open it up for newer chassis,make it power to weight ratio like American Iron and lets have fun.

Well, I do know how a K20a3 can attain K20a2 power. But it involves switching the a3 exhuast rockers to the a2 rockers and using the a2 cam-but yet retaining the a3 head. ALL oem parts, but I wouldn't think H2 legal. Unless you remove the valve cover, one couldn't tell.

Those things dyno 210+whp.

bah!!

you don't even need to switch the rockers out (a little massaging of the rocker is all that is supposedly needed)...

your stuck on the big cam but it will run.

The K20a2 is a legal motor in H2, in an RSX...

My biggest question is why do newer cars and drivers not come to HC? I want to see more DC5s,2009 civic Si's in the field and S2000's you know.Yet we remain a vintage series beating B series and early 90's shells to death,still arguing about B series technology,when at the same moment Honda wants to participate in the growth of our series. I see no direction really,and that's why we are all at each other throat,because we are simmering in stagnation. Open up K series engines,open it up for newer chassis,make it power to weight ratio like American Iron and lets have fun.

Funny you should be thinking this. Mike(my bro) and I had a conversation over beer before nationals about the future of HC. We both are a little afraid of the direction of it. The precedent is there to show that when a car or it's parts starts to become scarce, the series gets choked out. Not to mention that reconciling the old "B" cars with the new "K" car might become an impossible task, if the K cars are ever to be allowed to stretch their legs.

Our conclusion was: as much as we love our older cars and how cheap they can be, the future is the K cars. Anyone interested in the longevity of HC should see that it has to become a K series, and it has to use the modern chassis. The new cars might not have the same economy as the old, the then maybe that means HC is no longer going to be a cheap class.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Honda's fast and economical product of the early 90's made HC possible. I hope their new products are up to the same task.

you don't even need to switch the rockers out (a little massaging of the rocker is all that is supposedly needed)...

That doesn't sound legal either.

In some ways it doesn't matter. I beat him by 53 seconds with a bone stock junkyard D16A6 at Road Atlanta.

Funny you should be thinking this. Mike(my bro) and I had a conversation over beer before nationals about the future of HC. We both are a little afraid of the direction of it. The precedent is there to show that when a car or it's parts starts to become scarce, the series gets choked out. Not to mention that reconciling the old "B" cars with the new "K" car might become an impossible task, if the K cars are ever to be allowed to stretch their legs.

Our conclusion was: as much as we love our older cars and how cheap they can be, the future is the K cars. Anyone interested in the longevity of HC should see that it has to become a K series, and it has to use the modern chassis. The new cars might not have the same economy as the old, the then maybe that means HC is no longer going to be a cheap class.

There is no doubt in my mind that the Honda's fast and economical product of the early 90's made HC possible. I hope their new products are up to the same task.

I agree,man I agree with alot of your posts...

K series and is in and why people are scared,I dont know.I wonder if any of the guys notice I never work on my car on race weekends? K series is so cheap and reliable,while I get to hydrate and talk to friends,others are busy trying to locate a spare 20 year old vtec head for the cost of my entire engine!

I decided on my opinion when I was victimized with my K24.I thought I was introducing something new,pioneering and progressing the series along the lines of Bernardo's past engine and exploring K series hybrids.My mod was totally legal at the time I did it,I showed a few people and said "hey this is the future man",then it was outlawed the very next day because people are scared they have to dump thier old B series. That just made me sad and felt where can I run my modified K series? How can you have a hybrid class not allowing hybrid of parts,that's what the H1 class was for I thought.A H2 ruleset for H1 engines,interesting.

If you want to hang on to vintage B motors;Most H2 cars fall on the 12-1 ratio for weight and power,let's make it 12-1 and allow some aftermaket parts to come in and that would maybe help the series grow with some new sponsors from the aftermaket. H1 can be an exciting 10-1 and H4 etc.We are missing out on alot of growth I think in many areas.Many get upset at my posts but I point out things many dont.I don't mean to offend anyone,but people have to be enlightened and we should not be afraid to listen to what the people want and make changes.

The only two k20a3's actively racing (that I know of) are in the nor cal region and shown to be classed pretty well.

then it is NOT a legal h2 engine....he probably has the k20a2....which i have tuned 2 too 213 hp!!!

chad

2011 looks to be a busy year for us here in Utah! As some of you know I sold my EG a month before Nationals. Bought Kris Mckoy's K powered 2000 SI, with hopes of getting together before Nationals. Failed, withdrew my entry........then sold the chassis to Pete BovenBurg after he burned his up. I purchased a 98 Hatch a week ago but needs a ground up build over the winter. On top Kris and I had breakfast today and discussed him running more with SCCA since he had so much fun chasing Nick Esayian around the track at last weeks World Challenge race. BUT, wants to build an 2007+ Civic chassis over the winter for HC1, WCTC and possibly a Grand Am ST race or two.

Looks like we will be building two cars over the winter.

Jason

2011 looks to be a busy year for us here in Utah! As some of you know I sold my EG a month before Nationals. Bought Kris Mckoy's K powered 2000 SI, with hopes of getting together before Nationals. Failed, withdrew my entry........then sold the chassis to Pete BovenBurg after he burned his up. I purchased a 98 Hatch a week ago but needs a ground up build over the winter. On top Kris and I had breakfast today and discussed him running more with SCCA since he had so much fun chasing Nick Esayian around the track at last weeks World Challenge race. BUT, wants to build an 2007+ Civic chassis over the winter for HC1, WCTC and possibly a Grand Am ST race or two.

Jason

hope to see you guys there (wctc & ga st). We want to put together an 06+ civic too

Jason

hope to see you guys there (wctc & ga st). We want to put together an 06+ civic too

NICE!! I don't know if you knew but I also crew chief for a small Grand Am team here in Utah called CA Sport. We are currently adding a second car to our program and might have some seats available for 2011.

More info:

http://ca-sport.com/

http://www.laratallman.blogspot.com/

But at the very least we should put our heads together and come up with something being that we are both west coast (kinda) and a majority of these races are east coast or mid west.

For those of you planning on racing some W/C races next year, we tested the new Pirelli slicks at High Plains Raceway on Wednesday. Way more grip and way faster then the 888's, we were 7 seconds faster, Real-Time 2 seconds and K-Pax was 3 seconds faster. But some of the cars experienced problems with hubs and other parts failing due to the increased grip. Most car had to go up in spring rate.

For those of you planning on racing some W/C races next year, we tested the new Pirelli slicks at High Plains Raceway on Wednesday. Way more grip and way faster then the 888's, we were 7 seconds faster, Real-Time 2 seconds and K-Pax was 3 seconds faster. But some of the cars experienced problems with hubs and other parts failing due to the increased grip. Most car had to go up in spring rate.

WOW!! Thanks Ron!!