2004 Z06 mod question

johnalley

With 275's, 3118lb comp weight gives you 8.4:1 (.1 for weight) = 371.19hp max.

At bare minimum comp weight, my TTA C5 is currently 9.0023:1 with 346.8 rwhp (+/- 9.04:1 when on track) and it does pretty well.

Weight and setup is more important than hp imo.

The 2010 TTA National champ started out in HPDE 1 this year running Hoosier A's from the start. So if your goal is TTing then maybe it's not so bad.

Still does not mean it is a good idea. I know there are several less C5Zs in the world due to this practice..great for spare parts though.

I agree it doesn't work for most people, but it did work for him. He did have previous track experiance (on cycles) so he wasn't a complete novice. But for most people it's better to start out with street tires and work your way up.

All I'm saying is that as you are comfortable use whatever tires you want.

At bare minimum comp weight, my TTA C5 is currently 9.0023:1 with 346.8 rwhp (+/- 9.04:1 when on track) and it does pretty well.

yeah but what's the torque to weight ratio, and what does that torque curve look like

With 275's, 3118lb comp weight gives you 8.4:1 (.1 for weight) = 371.19hp max.

Weight and setup is more important than hp imo.

I think you can get round that 0.1 for weight if you go to 3201? Sorry I got it wrong the first time. So 3201/8.3 = 385? Going 83 pounds heavier gets you 14 more HP?

Note that I'm not saying this is better, but rather that it's another option if your engine makes that sort of power. My personal belief is that the lightest possible car within the rules with the right HP is best, almost all the time.

Edited by Guest

. My personal belief is that the lightest possible car within the rules with the right HP is best, almost all the time.

I would take 83 lbs off the car vs 14 more peak hp all day, every day

. My personal belief is that the lightest possible car within the rules with the right HP is best, almost all the time.

I would take 83 lbs off the car vs 14 more peak hp all day, every day

Indeed. The other break point is 3151 pounds/377 hp, since we're talking about it.

what about a 2850lbs Turbo s2000 with about 280/300HP in TTA?

Far from the original post, but the turbo is going to require a reclass from Greg, so it'll be a one-off. Power to weight should not be an issue though.

Yes, one good way to go is to pick the best body (low frontal area, slippery drag numbers), good suspension, get an engine that's in the ballpark then roll the dice with the national director for a reclass. But it's a time trial. For the same money, you could go pretty well into AIX or ST2 or something.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what his torque curve looks like on the dyno, but I have a good idea based on how he pulls away from me after exiting corners.

yeah but what's the torque to weight ratio, and what does that torque curve look like

I don't know what his torque curve looks like on the dyno, but I have a good idea based on how he pulls away from me after exiting corners.

You should have seen the Lotus Exige at Barber a few years back (still holds the TTA record there) - good car for that track!