New GTS racers for 2011

shiza40

Hi Guys,

I've been racing Spec Focus the last two seasons in the Great Lakes/Mid-West Reigion and we decided to sell of the Ford stuff and go GTS3 racing in a Porsche Boxster. The cage should be complete next week and then the real work starts. We're hoping to be at Grattan in June for our first race of the season.

Welcome to Great Lakes GTS! I'll be very interested to see how you do...I've always thought a well-prepared Boxster could do really well in GTS3. See you at the track!

Hi Guys,

I've been racing Spec Focus the last two seasons in the Great Lakes/Mid-West Reigion and we decided to sell of the Ford stuff and go GTS3 racing in a Porsche Boxster. The cage should be complete next week and then the real work starts. We're hoping to be at Grattan in June for our first race of the season.

Welcome to Great Lakes GTS! I'll be very interested to see how you do...I've always thought a well-prepared Boxster could do really well in GTS3. See you at the track!

Max's car did pretty well in GTS3 if I recall ! Wasn't it a Boxster ? You know all those Porsche's look a like to us BMW guys. Well at least the rear engine ones......

-Scott B.

Edited by Guest

Max's car did pretty well in GTS3 if I recall ! Wasn't it a Boxster ? You know all those Porsche's look a like to use BMW guys. Well at least the rear engine ones......

-Scott B.

Yep, Max did great but I want to see somebody who can keep up with you in one. I'm thinking that will require a little more aerodynamics and weight all the way down at the minimum. Wish I had the budget...

I really don't think it's going to be a weight issue Getting enough HP & TQ out of the 2.5L engine will be the issue. If we can't then next winter we'll drop in a 3.4L and that will put as where we need to be.

You know...if yours is a regular Boxster instead of an S, you may want to look at GTS2. This year's National Champion in GTS2 drove what was, for all intents and purposes, a Spec Boxster on slicks.

For what it's worth...

You know...if yours is a regular Boxster instead of an S, you may want to look at GTS2. This year's National Champion in GTS2 drove what was, for all intents and purposes, a Spec Boxster on slicks.

For what it's worth...

Scott has a very good point. I dropped a 2.7 into my 99' Spec Box, lightened it down to 2525 w/driver, JRZ's, Kaaz diff, R6's on 9's & 10"s, etc. and thought I could compete in GT3 in mid 2009. I found it just didn't have enough HP even though it dyno'd at 215 rwhp (11.7). The Beemers and 996's just walked away from me....

So assuming you're around 180 rwhp, you could run at 2600 and kill in GTS2 as Vali did last year in the Nationals and he weighed 100 lbs more than that....

Didn't want to post until I had actually "graduated" comp school, but I've joined the Mid-Atlantic GTS3 class with my first races this past weekend at VIR. Plan to make it to all the MA events this year as well as a couple NE, SE & GL events.

I want to take a minute to quickly thank the drivers panel participants as well as on-track experienced racers (Josh, Max, et all) who helped provide a compact but extremely valuable day of prep for racing via the NASA SuperCompShool last weekend.

See you at the track!

Kyle

I ran in GTS the first time this past weekend, in Eric Wongs old car #121. The group was great and welcoming, if you see me in the paddock feel free to introduce yourself.

Thanks GTS guys!!

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I noticed nobody new is in the SoCal region so I guess I'm the only one! I did my first race in March at Cal Speedway, I was the only car in GTS3. I missed last month but I'll be back out in May, hopefully I'll have someone to try to keep up with at Willow Springs! I'm in an E30 M3.

NE region rookie- did race school April at lightning. Did about 50 TT/hpde events past 6 yrs.

Happy to be racing with a great group of friends and looking forward to getting the hang of the new environment.

Cecil.

• 1 month later...

Hallett was my first NASA event. Looking forward to more and to maxing out the car for the class

Thomas Surgent

GTS4 #008 BMW M3

New again

Looking forward to meeting all the new and catching up with my old friends.

If it all works out we should be turning wheels for the first time at Mid Ohio in July.

TT and GTS 3 or 4, not sure as of yet should get on the dyno soon.

-PH