Corvette ZR1 TTB?

Z06

Some Corvette owner...unaware that there was a ZR-1 20 years ago... j/k

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 TTB 3500

If one were to nitpick, the ZR-1 (as listed in the TT rules) was built on the C4 chassis from 1990-1995. The ZR1 (note lack of a hyphen) is built on the current C6 chassis and is not yet listed in the TT rules.

Mark

original ZR-1, ZR-2, built some 40 years ago. (Zora racer one and Zora racer two.) I believe 1 was a 370 HP LT -1, and two was a big block. L-88 or ZL-1, possibly LS-7 454. I'm not sure if these cars were ever made available to the public.

John

Obviously this is a typo and should have year range listed.....but damn if you hadn't pointed it out someone could have shown up in an LS9 ZR1 and really pissed off the TTB folks!

It wouldn't matter because you wouldn't be in the HP:Lb rating for TTB with a C6 ZR1, so even if it was read wrong a ZR1 would be TTU due to it's HP

Some Corvette owner...unaware that there was a ZR-1 20 years ago... j/k

Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 TTB 3500

If one were to nitpick, the ZR-1 (as listed in the TT rules) was built on the C4 chassis from 1990-1995. The ZR1 (note lack of a hyphen) is built on the current C6 chassis and is not yet listed in the TT rules.

Mark

original ZR-1, ZR-2, built some 40 years ago. (Zora racer one and Zora racer two.) I believe 1 was a 370 HP LT -1, and two was a big block. L-88 or ZL-1, possibly LS-7 454. I'm not sure if these cars were ever made available to the public.

John

For a Ford guy you are sharp.

"The first-ever Corvette ZR1 performance option package appeared in 1970 and ran until 1972, some 20 years before the more infamous "King of the Hill" ZR1. It included the 370-hp LT1 engine and other performance equipment. But that early ZR1's LT1 engine was a hotrodded version of the basic small block, pushrod V-8."

The ZR-2 was a road race package on the 1971 LS-6 454/425HP Vette...

For a Ford guy you are sharp.

Hahaha....well I'm 47 and was the only kid in 6th grade that had a subscription to HotRod magazine. Also, 3 older brothers who were teenagers in the late 60's early seventies. From 1969 to 1974 they had; 64 1/2 tripower GTO, 2 -65 tripower GTO's, 68 GTO, 68 Corvette, 69 Corvette. Needless to say I was brainwashed from an early age. I've been in love with Corvette's for a LONG time. If I had the money I'd be racing a C5 in ST2.

So I blew the dust off my Corvette black book and discovered that from 1970-72, 53 ZR-1's and 12 LS-6 ZR-2's were built.

Oh yeah...then there was the time in 1981 when my brother turned down a chance to buy a '67 427 coupe........it was an L-88...for $25,000 ...they only made 20...

John