You can get with this, or you can get with that...

yakisoba

I will be running (or trying, who knows how it'll work) 255s and Penske shocks this year.

if the car keeps getting faster, I'm gonna try 225's and aero

Is the reason you went with 255's instead of 245's, is because the 255's are listed as the same width as 275's? I figured if you're going to step down, that extra 0.4 adjustment for 245's would be worth using. My 245's really aren't much shorter when stacked beside my old 275's.

I may be running aero this year.

because the 255's are listed as the same width as 275's?

That's exactly why the 255 R6s are on my car. My car is a bit on the heavy side as it sits, and just makes the TTD wt/hp limit with the 255s.

FWIW, the height difference between my old stack of 4 255/40-17 Toyo RA1s and my new stack of 4 255/35-18 Hoosier R6s was impressive. I have a photo of it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Mark

I will be running (or trying, who knows how it'll work) 255s and Penske shocks this year.

if the car keeps getting faster, I'm gonna try 225's and aero

Is the reason you went with 255's instead of 245's, is because the 255's are listed as the same width as 275's? I figured if you're going to step down, that extra 0.4 adjustment for 245's would be worth using. My 245's really aren't much shorter when stacked beside my old 275's.

I may be running aero this year.

I thought about running the 245s in Dec, just to freak scott out

the problem becomes wheel/brake clearance. the 18x10.5 rear C5Z wheels are very light, and will clear virtually all brakes. if you decide to put some big brakes on the car for PTA, 245's are gonna get hard to mount on a 10.5" wheel. the other OEM 18x9.5 or 8.5" wheels will never clear any brakes.

for TT/stock brakes, sure, 245's may be worth trying.