Nationals Format Question

z06tracker

What is the format? Is each day a separate competition where places are determined by fastest times of the day for each competitor? If so, is each day's results aggregated for the overall results? Or, is it just one competition where the fastest time during the 4 days for each competitor determines places?

Thanks in advance....

I'd like to know this as well. I could not decipher anything by looking through all of the 2010 information.

I'd like to know if the first morning session each day is gridded from the fastest time to slowest for the week or does it start over each day.

• Members
I'd like to know if the first morning session each day is gridded from the fastest time to slowest for the week or does it start over each day.

It depends on who is the RD.

You can expect the grid to be based on time after the very first session and it will evolve as people get faster ect.

The fastest single lap wins from the 4 days.

You can expect the grid to be based on time after the very first session and it will evolve as people get faster ect.

The fastest single lap wins from the 4 days.

Unless your dumb like me and you come in 11lbs light because you forgot to add fuel after you took out the Koolsuit cooler, then you take your second fastest lap and Greg gets to hit your knuckles with a ruler and Shawn mocks you and steals all your beer.

• Members
Unless your dumb like me and you come in 11lbs light because you forgot to add fuel after you took out the Koolsuit cooler, then you take your second fastest lap and Greg gets to hit your knuckles with a ruler and Shawn mocks you and steals all your beer.

It was confiscated for "safety evaluations". If I go this year, I fully intend on "evaluating" more MOO COW!

Wait a second. I am the probably the only BJCP recognized judge (beer judge) on the forum. If there is any product evaluation going on, I should be there to make sure all guidelines are followed.

http://www.bjcp.org/index.php

You might want to rethink that acronym before mentioning it in public.

So with this format I can put down a flyer lap in the first session of the first day, then slap on old tires and be a rolling chicane for the next three days?

So with this format I can put down a flyer lap in the first session of the first day, then slap on old tires and be a rolling chicane for the next three days?

Correct...sounds like a good strategy!

good luck with that

It was confiscated for "safety evaluations". If I go this year, I fully intend on "evaluating" more MOO COW!

As long as the "safety evaluations" are not conducted at 2:00 am Friday night.

Does drinking tequila beforehand help the evaluation process?

Wow, legit thats kind of scary, 4 days and you could totally be pwned by someone that sets that fastest lap in the last session on sunday. But it really sounds like you dont need much practice on wednesday if your going to get 4 freaking whole days to put down one decent lap. Id honestly rather have 4 days of each day but thats me. Not complaining but I may send a request letter for next year to maybe look into breaking it up more than just one lap to win everything (that sounds cool but it would suck).

How does contingency work? Count as one results?

RE Format: Everyone keeps saying 4 days, is it 4 days now or 3 days?

Back in 2006-2008 time trials only ran Thur-Sat then Sun was race groups only. Did this change?

- Mark

You'll want every chance you can get to improve your time. Doubly so if the weather wipes out some sessions (or days).

brand new track for me = learning = fastest lap will be last one on sunday

brand new track for me = learning = fastest lap will be last one on sunday

Yep, more than likely the same for me. That is why Morris and I are doing recon later this month!!! So that we can firmly identify where on track we need to work on our "why I was slow" excuses.

-Kevin

Wow, legit thats kind of scary, 4 days and you could totally be pwned by someone that sets that fastest lap in the last session on sunday. But it really sounds like you dont need much practice on wednesday if your going to get 4 freaking whole days to put down one decent lap. Id honestly rather have 4 days of each day but thats me. Not complaining but I may send a request letter for next year to maybe look into breaking it up more than just one lap to win everything (that sounds cool but it would suck).

How does contingency work? Count as one results?

The ONLY problem with having it as four (or three) separate races is then it can become even more of a spending war. In the current format, I can save my best tires for the sessions I think the conditions are optimal (me, the weather, my placement, traffic, etc). If it were to be a best of each day scenario, then I HAVE to have new A6s every single day in order to have a chance.

-Kevin

If it were to be a best of each day scenario, then I HAVE to have new A6s every single day in order to have a chance.

I'm not bringing any stickers.

• Members

As long as the "safety evaluations" are not conducted at 2:00 am Friday night.

Does drinking tequila beforehand help the evaluation process?

Only if its Patrone and its consumed by the cup full. Ill start knocking at 2:15am as to not repeat that annoyance for you, sir.

Nope. The very first session doesnt count. Its the only practice session and it only formats the first grid.

If it were to be a best of each day scenario, then I HAVE to have new A6s every single day in order to have a chance.

I'm not bringing any stickers.

Id have to agree on your mindset, but at least maybe have two? Even at regional events, there's two "races". To have 4 days of one "race", especially travelling all the way to Nationals for some people, seems a bit steep. Its basically a long ass HPDE session aside from your "one" good lap session. Im going to treat it like a Massive Test and Tune session if the forecast looks great for all 4 days.

I will be bringing one set of stickers to lay down a hot lap, but then again I use R6s.

One race? You bet your ass I wouldnt be coming from the West Coast , and I sure wont come out to the West Coast when it goes back there(unless im racing by then). At least the race guys get multiple races.

if you think you can get it done with one lap or one session you're kidding yourself

- KB; 3rd 2006, 2nd 2007, 3rd across the line 2009.

if you think you can get it done with one lap or one session you're kidding yourself

kevin will need all 4 days, he will spend 3 of them exploring the ohio agriculture

morris to, looks like he's been reading Kevin's sod exploration books