Class for BMW 1M Coupe

ken o

• 3 months later...

Still provisionally classed as a TTB base class car, at 3370 lbs?

With no ** would this work?

R6 +10 points

255mm tires -1 points for going down from 265mm TTB

Tune +5 points (power max ~380HP)

Springs +2

Shocks +3

Camber plates 0 points

Total 19 points top of TTB

Looks like my 1M is destined for TTA (current mods put it in TTA already) and i get to chase vettes.

TTB** base (24 points to top of TTA)

255 R6 = 9

Charge Pipe = 1

Intake = 1

Downpipe/exhaust = 2

Remove Cat = 1

Tune = 5

Shocks = 3

Springs = 2

Camber Plater = 0

Total Points = 24

Guess there's no way to upclass a car? (ie to be a TTA Base car), but would be nice if the base is minus a *)

TTA base (19 points to top of TTA) - wishful thinking!

255 R6 = 0

Charge Pipe = 1

Intake = 1

Downpipe/exhaust = 2

Remove Cat = 1

Tune = 5

Shocks = 3

Springs = 2

Camber Plater = 0

Total Points = 15 (4 free points = Intercooler)

Guess there's no way to upclass a car? (ie to be a TTA Base car), but would be nice if the base is minus a *))

there is 2nd paragraph under 6.1.1 has some details.

I've heard of people sending in 3 out of 4 parts of a car's classification and asking what the 4th parameter would be as well. (Those 4 parts are: What car it is (ie 2012 BMW 1M), competition minimum weight, competition maximum whp, base classification).

The only downside is under that reclass you'll get locked into a dyno number you can't go over and a weight you have to be above. Or you'll have to re-submit the info to Greg to get it changed. Some cars come out ahead by going under this "dyno reclass" rule because under Mod C1 you don't take points anymore (as it's assumed the change in base class and/or weight will account for those points). Its all in how efficently points-wise your car responds to power mods.

Don't forget the +5 points that you have to take for being force-inducted .

I imagine that's what the "Tune +5" is.

yes...just realized where to find that +5 for being forced induced. So basically the 1M is TTB** + 5 points, so stock its top of TTB.

Guess there's no way to upclass a car? (ie to be a TTA Base car), but would be nice if the base is minus a *))

there is 2nd paragraph under 6.1.1 has some details.

I've heard of people sending in 3 out of 4 parts of a car's classification and asking what the 4th parameter would be as well. (Those 4 parts are: What car it is (ie 2012 BMW 1M), competition minimum weight, competition maximum whp, base classification).

The only downside is under that reclass you'll get locked into a dyno number you can't go over and a weight you have to be above. Or you'll have to re-submit the info to Greg to get it changed. Some cars come out ahead by going under this "dyno reclass" rule because under Mod C1 you don't take points anymore (as it's assumed the change in base class and/or weight will account for those points). Its all in how efficently points-wise your car responds to power mods.

If you really want a base class of TTA no * then get the car weighed and dyno'd with your tune. Send the info to Greg as above. When I did it he gave me three choices at my car weight as to what base class I could use depending on RWHP. I just have to make the weight he assigned and RWHP and I can ignore the 383 vs 350 points, the intake, exhaust and other mods that adds up points quickly. Now I can concentrate on suspension and tire points instead

• National Staff

TTA (no asterisk) is a LOWER class than TTB** (in most cases) due to tire size points credit. We generally avoid classing cars in TTA (no asterisk) for this reason, but there are a few, and their re-class numbers are WORSE than if they took the TTB** re-class. The exception would be cars that generally run on big tires.