Class for BMW 1M Coupe

ken o

Anyone know what would be the competition weight of the 1M (in TTA)? Already prepping the car, just have to figure out a alternate tire, since the 255 hoosier will cost more points.

thanks

franklin

the listing is / will be

BMW 1 M Coupe ('11)(3.0L Turbo)---TTB** 3370 lbs (6-30-11)

You can run at 3370lbs or higher for zero points, or run lower but you will have to take the subsequent weight reduction points. This is the case no matter what class you end up in.

Anyone know what would be the competition weight of the 1M (in TTA)? Already prepping the car, just have to figure out a alternate tire, since the 255 hoosier will cost more points.

thanks

franklin

The Evo/Subaru TTA reclass is 3200# for 303 awhp. I would hope that the 1M Coupe gets a worse HP/WT than that for TTA. If the 1M base is TTB** at 3370# it is most likely heavier for TTA-- Greg mentioned this in an earlier post. A good guess would be about 7 points worth of weight, maybe 95-100# more?

so 3370 is the competition weight...ie with driver and fuel (at the end of the session)...so basically i can lose some weight...but doubtful i can lose that much weight.

My only weight loss plans are to remove rear seats and passenger seat, and add a driver race seat.

i dynoed my bone stock 1M @ 298rwhp (mustang dyno) and adding exhaust mods soon. Will redyno on a dynojet after all mods are done. So using the 8.70:1 ratio and 3370 weight, i 'should' be allowed 387rwhp right?

thanks

franklin

For typical points-based TTA-TTF classification:

1. Add up all of your modification points; this initially determines your car's competition class.

2. Plug your numbers into the equations in Appendix C in the TT rules; this is a final check to determine your car's competition class.

If #1 says that you are in TTB but #2 says that you are in TTA, then you will run in TTA.

If #1 says that you are in TTA but #2 says that you are in TTB, then you will run in TTA.

Mark

I have to say after having a student in one of these, I have great love for the 1M coupe. We beat on it all day and it was solid. No overheating, no fade (race pads though) and very, very fast. Really nice little car. Mad torque when you drop the hammer too.

so 3370 is the competition weight...ie with driver and fuel (at the end of the session)...so basically i can lose some weight...but doubtful i can lose that much weight.

My only weight loss plans are to remove rear seats and passenger seat, and add a driver race seat.

i dynoed my bone stock 1M @ 298rwhp (mustang dyno) and adding exhaust mods soon. Will redyno on a dynojet after all mods are done. So using the 8.70:1 ratio and 3370 weight, i 'should' be allowed 387rwhp right?

thanks

franklin

There are possibly adjustment factors for weight and tire width, but that is essentially correct. If you're able to pick up that much horsepower you need to stay very far away from a reclass. You might have a nice classing gap if you make 330 right out of the box (10% adjustment for mustang dyno) given that the Evo X MR has the same base classing with 130 more pounds and 105 less hp. If you win big you can expect the same base class "adjustment" the Evo X got in the following year.