Boss 302 in TTB

jacob300zx

No offense intended, but Ken O is an alien. Its the only explanation (well, that and car prep to the ruleset)

Do you think he's a 10-second (literally) better driver than the seasoned competition out there in TTB? Consider this when you deny Jake's desire to run TTB in his Bauce.

No offense intended, but Ken O is an alien. Its the only explanation (well, that and car prep to the ruleset)

Do you think he's a 10-second (literally) better driver than the seasoned competition out there in TTB? Consider this when you deny Jake's desire to run TTB in his Bauce.

Classifications are not based on the skill of individual drivers...

Agreed with Robert.. to much hp for TTB. 5-60 is nearly dead even with a GT500. You wont see many TTB cars over 325hp. I got a whopping 265.

It doesn't have too much power for TTB, its actually right at the limit. Even if the car was classed in TTB but had 9.5 to 1 power to weight it would be illegal for TTB. The funny thing is that all of the parts can be ordered from Ford Racing and bolted to your TTB Mustang and thats perfectly legal...go figure. Its actually at a handicap to the track record TTB E46 M3 that is right at the 10.25 power to weight in a 500lbs lighter car running 275 Hoosiers.

The parity between the cars is the issue. I can take a TTB base mustang, tune it with the factory ecu to the TTB 10.25 limit, throw some AST coilovers on, stop tech brakes, 285 Hoosiers and smoke a TTA* Boss with my TTB Mustang Gt.

I understood the point. I think you should start with a base class Mustang if you think the Boss is not classed properly. If you start with the Boss, take your lumps and deal with it. Luckily trolling is 0 points!

You know it would be nice for once to have an intelligent conversation in the TT section without all the TT/PT directors jumping in on every thread with the attitude of we could car less everyone challanging Greg is automatically wrong.

Agreed with Robert.. to much hp for TTB. 5-60 is nearly dead even with a GT500. You wont see many TTB cars over 325hp. I got a whopping 265.

What is your power to weight? Hp means nothing if your not comparing weight with driver too. I'll race 1000hp dump trucks in TTB/A

Edited by Guest

Classifications are not based on the skill of individual drivers...

Are you serious, Clark?

• National Staff

Wow, this thread is full of more BS than a stockyard. However, it definitely has potential to make it to at least 20 pages.

Jacob, you forgot about the 9 points in weight reduction (140 lbs difference base weight) from the start of this thread! So, make that 39 potential points difference between the Boss and GT (at least according to your calculations). The difference in points between a TTB and TTA* base classing is 27 points, but with the difference in base tire size of 30mm, there is anywhere between 5 and 9 points in tire size (credit) difference. So, now, the Boss has 39 points more in potential mods, but is base classed the equivalent of 16 to 22 points higher than the GT once you take tire size points into account. So, how is that "far to great a value". It looks like 50 cents on the dollar to me.

The above not withstanding, the raw factory rated hp/base weight of the Boss is very close to that of the C5 Z06 and C6, both in TTA*. If this premier Ford built in 2011 for the track can't match the handling of the 2001 Corvette on leaf springs, and can't match the speed with the extra power it has (despite the higher weight) then don't buy a Ford. Or, better yet, take this power beast and mod it into the class that most of these cars belong in anyway--TTS.

Now, lets go back to the old thread about the classing of the late model GT's where there was crying about us making the base weight so high, which allowed the TTB base classing to begin with (instead of TTB* or TTB**). Bueller, Bueller, Bueller.......

And, some of the stuff here only suggests to me that maybe we should reconsider the base class of the '11 GT into TTB* anyway--So, for those driving that car, feel free to blast away at those here arguing that the cars should be classed closer together. I won't bother posting the comparisons here, but I'm sure that someone will find them and point out that the Wt/Hp ratio of their TTB base classed cars is much higher than than of the '11 GT.

So, if one of my PT Directors is doing his job by following the TT and PT threads, and pointing out the "other side" of the coin, then he is trolling? No, I call it doing his job. I can't spend all day watching the often comical threads that come up here. So, the regional PT and TT Directors are specifically requested to keep an eye on the Forums, and post when necessary to point out what has been missed.

Question: Which is a "higher" base class, TTB** or TTA? Answer: It depends on the size tires the car has in competition trim.

Now, I haven't seen an answer to Mark's question yet. Who ON THIS THREAD owns a Boss. Now, who is planning on buying a car to run in TT that they don't think is classed fairly?

• National Staff

You know it would be nice for once to have an intelligent conversation in the TT section without all the TT/PT directors jumping in on every thread with the attitude of we could car less everyone challanging Greg is automatically wrong.

Jacob, you are just "Flat Out" wrong, in so many ways. That is one of the most ironic statements that I've ever seen on the Forums. Congratulations if you figure out why. But, at least we are having an "intelligent" conversation now.

Hey, but we do appreciate you championing for a higher base class for your GT, now that it is clear that you don't own a Boss. If the only issue is just parity between two Mustangs, we can fix that for you. If the issue is classing a car based on what I have stated above and in the past, the relationship between cars already classed and the potential of a car once one uses all of the free mod points, and always staying to the conservative side with new cars that have never even seen the track, then we have it right. We would rather lower a base class in the future than find out that we classed a new car too low and harmed a good series. But, as always, we appreciate your objective, intelligent input, as well as your ability to not personalize a classing issue.

Power to weight with a standard sized driver would still put it over 10.25 to 1.I ran TTB the last 2 years in a 98 cobra and my pw/wt was 11.2 with 275 r6's,HD bilsteins struts and cut springs,rear lower control arms and weight reduction and did pretty well.I know I could have posted a faster time than the boss but take some weight out of it and use up the free mods and a good set of tires and a starting point of TTA with no stars and the boys would have there hands full in TTA.

Robert

• National Staff

Ok, this one is done. The post that just got deleted and ended this thread is full of inaccuracies based on Wikipedia and the poster's failure to know what he is talking about before posting, is more personalized than the prior posts, and adds absolutely nothing to benefit the drivers in NASA TT. So, this thread is locked. NASA Officials have better things to do than respond to accusations, repeated inaccuracies, and personal attacks. These Forums are for information, not DIS-information. If you "call out" a NASA Official for an answer to a question, and get an answer, you are already many steps ahead of most racing organizations. So, either we can just stop responding to any posts and just delete when we see incorrect "facts", or we can continue to answer without having to get into a debate where the driver elects to attack the Officials when he doesn't like their answers.