2012 RULES PROPOSAL 4: Open the series to any European car

JSG1901

I am OK with the concept if NASA takes a stern line on establishing a list of cars considered to be European. This topic is very convoluted. Volvos are good cars, they run in World Chalalnge Touring car under the managament of KPax and 3R Racing. However, Volvo is not a European owned car manufacturer, they are made in Sweden but are owned by a Chineese company. So does NASA use the owners heritage, or where they are assembled or % parts used etc. Lets say NASA does use birthplace rights to define European cars, VW are GTS cars right, well some VW products are assembled in Mexico. The Viper was made by Dodge before the company was purchased by Fiat. So are only certain Dodge products/years considerd European.. like a 2011 Challenge SRT8 not a 2010.

In my last post re 13-13 some were complainign that NASA is not enforcing the 13-13 rule and has no National data base to monitor it (I did not know that) . If that is true who will do the DNA analysis on where a Saab is made and what % parts come from a European country and where it is assembled and what language they speak in the factory etc.. This a good idea to expand NASA and draw more entries however it is a slippery slope and if it is activated maybe GTS can have 110 entries at the 2012 Nationals with no 13-13 rule that is a scary thought.

Scott Bove | GTS4 #22 | BMW E46 M3

Why does this always seem to come up

We had a non-german car in our region for a while so it's possible to work something out on a regional level. Personally I think it's wrong because if I race in GTS it would be nice if cars that are collecting contingency are actually LEGAL for the class. Just my .02

I'm against this. If you don't feel like you have enough competitors, then become part of the solution and start a grassroots effort to grow it! That's exactly what we did in the Midwest and GTS3 is turning into a very healthy series.