Clutch Free single disc OEM dimension 30100-CD019 $59.53

Pressure Plate Free single disc OEM dimension 32010-CD020 $134.43

Flywheel OEM or NISMO 12310-RSZ30 $550.00

Transmission OEM only

Differential OEM final drive Motorsports rear cover allowed 38351-350DK $96.00

Limited Slip Unit Spec Wave Trac 38420-SS370 $1,099.00

No-go on adjustable suspension

Yes, on up-date/back dated 350Z OEM parts... brakes calipers included

On the subject of suspension the part I am talking about would be the non-adjustable OEM component type. There is a control arm available from Nissan that is 1 inch shorter in dimensions for the upper control arm and would allow the desired camber. This is a stock street car part and not expensive at all. It is the infinity part and is a direct bolt on. I know im being a pain about this so sorry in advance. LOL.

On the clutch components is that kit number 3000s-vqhra ? Its listed as a 250mm clutch but states no other dimmensions or weight.

Thanks.

Interesting...but if it didn't come in a 350z, it is likely not legal. You wouldn't mind sharing that part number would you?

That might solve a couple of problems that I am addressing...PM me that info if you would....thnx

as for the clutch, if it is on the NISMO Spec Z parts list it is legal...call Nissan Motor Sports for more info.

from the V2 Spec Z rules"

Modifications, addition or removal of parts are not allowed, unless specified or approved in these

rules. Additional modifications are not permitted. These rules are not intended as guidelines;

rather they shall serve as the national set of rules, and must be strictly followed. Each NASA

Region is responsible for ensuring that all competitors running in the corresponding regional

championship conform to these rules. Replacement parts not specified by these rules must be

OEM or the exact equivalent. Plainly put, if these rules do not state a modification is permitted, it’s

not!

Camber

a) front and rear camber is unrestricted provided it is within the normal limits of adjustment. No

modification to increase or decrease camber is allowed.

On the subject of suspension the part I am talking about would be the non-adjustable OEM component type. There is a control arm available from Nissan that is 1 inch shorter in dimensions for the upper control arm and would allow the desired camber. This is a stock street car part and not expensive at all. It is the infinity part and is a direct bolt on. I know im being a pain about this so sorry in advance. LOL.

On the clutch components is that kit number 3000s-vqhra ? Its listed as a 250mm clutch but states no other dimmensions or weight.

Thanks.

Interesting...but if it didn't come in a 350z, it is likely not legal. You wouldn't mind sharing that part number would you?

That might solve a couple of problems that I am addressing...PM me that info if you would....thnx

as for the clutch, if it is on the NISMO Spec Z parts list it is legal...call Nissan Motor Sports for more info.

from the V2 Spec Z rules"

Modifications, addition or removal of parts are not allowed, unless specified or approved in these

rules. Additional modifications are not permitted. These rules are not intended as guidelines;

rather they shall serve as the national set of rules, and must be strictly followed. Each NASA

Region is responsible for ensuring that all competitors running in the corresponding regional

championship conform to these rules. Replacement parts not specified by these rules must be

OEM or the exact equivalent. Plainly put, if these rules do not state a modification is permitted, it’s

not!

Camber

a) front and rear camber is unrestricted provided it is within the normal limits of adjustment. No

modification to increase or decrease camber is allowed.

Thanks.

Thank you for the quick response. I will send you the part numbers in the next few days because I will be busy this weekend.

• 5 months later...

We're working on the 2013 ruleset now. I'm open to all suggestions. The most effective ones are sent directly to me - clifton(at)drivenasa(dot)com

• 1 month later...

A wish list of 2013 Rules...some doable, some crack-pipe

Note: I received these from multiple drivers...and my personal thoughts

Need to expand section 17 (f) to state what can be done besides "disabling ABS" ...

Manual Bias Valve? Aftermarket single or dual Master Cylinder? Remote Bias controls for Driver? Changes to OEM Brake lines? Aftermarket Brake pedal/Master Cylinder assembly?

Need to expand section 17 (g) to state that any Brake Ducting can be used, Or come up with a better kit than the Nismo/SCCA T2/3 kit.

From Spec Z rules:

17.1 Brake System

a) Brake pads are unrestricted.

b) Brake rotors must be the same type, material, and dimensions as OEM. Brake rotors from

alternate companies may be used. Brake rotors may be cryogenically treated.

c) Steel braided brake lines may be used.

d) Disc brake backing plates may be removed.

e) The emergency brake level and/or cables and associated must remain functional.

f) Anti-lock braking systems (ABS) may be disabled.

g) Nissan Motorsports front brake cooling kit part # may be utilized.

add rule that allow for drilling/cutting hole in rear strut brace to enable adjustments to the top of the Damper without having to remove the Damper from the car

add rule that allow for drilling/cutting hole in front strut bar to enable adjustments to the top of the Damper without having to remove it from the car (in fact you cannot install the KW front dampers without either cutting the mounting studs or making a hole in the strut bar for them to pass through to allow the OEM strut to be reinstalled correctly

allow for 18x10 wheels on all 4 positions

MAKE DE ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3200

MAKE REVUP ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3300

MAKE HR ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3450 AND/OR RUN A RESTRICTOR

Allow for battery relocation to any safe location

A wish list of 2013 Rules...some doable, some crack-pipe

Don't allow nismo cars so we dont have to get the silly bodywork

Why are you allowing flashing of the Ecu?

Make up your mind on the differential issues.

Note: I received these from multiple drivers...and my personal thoughts

Need to expand section 17 (f) to state what can be done besides "disabling ABS" ...

Manual Bias Valve? Aftermarket single or dual Master Cylinder? Remote Bias controls for Driver? Changes to OEM Brake lines? Aftermarket Brake pedal/Master Cylinder assembly?

Need to expand section 17 (g) to state that any Brake Ducting can be used, Or come up with a better kit than the Nismo/SCCA T2/3 kit.

From Spec Z rules:

17.1 Brake System

a) Brake pads are unrestricted.

b) Brake rotors must be the same type, material, and dimensions as OEM. Brake rotors from

alternate companies may be used. Brake rotors may be cryogenically treated.

c) Steel braided brake lines may be used.

d) Disc brake backing plates may be removed.

e) The emergency brake level and/or cables and associated must remain functional.

f) Anti-lock braking systems (ABS) may be disabled.

g) Nissan Motorsports front brake cooling kit part # may be utilized.

add rule that allow for drilling/cutting hole in rear strut brace to enable adjustments to the top of the Damper without having to remove the Damper from the car

add rule that allow for drilling/cutting hole in front strut bar to enable adjustments to the top of the Damper without having to remove it from the car (in fact you cannot install the KW front dampers without either cutting the mounting studs or making a hole in the strut bar for them to pass through to allow the OEM strut to be reinstalled correctly

allow for 18x10 wheels on all 4 positions

MAKE DE ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3200

MAKE REVUP ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3300

MAKE HR ENGINE CARS BASE WEIGHT 3450 AND/OR RUN A RESTRICTOR

Allow for battery relocation to any safe location

(generally) Less mods are better in a spec series, but, you've gotta have a way to enforce it. 1s and 0s are tougher to check than say a bumper, or weight, or an engine part. An unenforceable rule is worse than leaving a mod open.

[i don't agree I rather say no flashing and have severe penaltys for those braking the rules otherwise you will encourage geeks to loose more sleep trying to come up with crazy flashing.

You could even swap Ecu amongs competitors at national events. Or have Nissan supply Ecu,s for the nationals

Please KEEP IT SPEC

IS ALREADY EXPENSIVE FOR A SPEC CLASS

quote=kbrew8991](generally) Less mods are better in a spec series, but, you've gotta have a way to enforce it. 1s and 0s are tougher to check than say a bumper, or weight, or an engine part. An unenforceable rule is worse than leaving a mod open.

[just focus on reliability, brakes, diff, etc. and lets go drive. I don't need fancy pedals. But I don't like brakes that fade, a burning diff, or taking the the suspension apart to adjust my shocks.

You can't think is too much work to monitor a rule, successfull series are the ones that have a professional tech staff with tide rules.

Think big,

quote=esr][i don't agree I rather say no flashing and have severe penaltOys for those braking the rules otherwise you will encourage geeks to loose more sleep trying to come up with crazy flashing.

You could even swap Ecu amongs competitors at national events. Or have Nissan supply Ecu,s for the nationals

Please KEEP IT SPEC

IS ALREADY EXPENSIVE FOR A SPEC CLASS

quote=kbrew8991](generally) Less mods are better in a spec series, but, you've gotta have a way to enforce it. 1s and 0s are tougher to check than say a bumper, or weight, or an engine part. An unenforceable rule is worse than leaving a mod open.

There are several different ECUs for 350Z's ..so swapping between cars is pretty much out of the question...

And in reality, NASA doesn't have the people/technology to check everybody ar the track...this is common PROBLEM for all race/TT groups.

Everybody flashes ECUs today, street and track...my Pickup is flashed...so this rule isn't likley to change.

And most importantly, Nissan sells a Flash for this as well, so they have a profit motive here...and that is why they sponser racing

[you are correct that is a problem.

quote=laze1]There are several different ECUs for 350Z's ..so swapping between cars is p

retty much out of the question...

And in reality, NASA doesn't have the people/technology to check everybody ar the track...this is common PROBLEM for all race/TT groups.

Everybody flashes ECUs today, street and track...my Pickup is flashed...so this rule isn't likley to change.

And most importantly, Nissan sells a Flash for this as well, so they have a profit motive here...and that is why they sponser racing

• 1 month later...

This is why there is a HP maximum for each engine version, enforceable by dyno. I believe Jeremy failed it at Nats last year, made a change, then raced, for example.