ST3/TT3 OEM vehicle .5 Aero Mod penalty list needed

masitr

But a Honda Civic was the fastest car in TTS at Nationals this year.
I have no idea what it means, I just use it as justification for any argument now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• masitr

• robbodleimages

• jason

• kbrew8991

I would but I can't make another 60 hp or take 200 lbs out of the car (or any combination) to be competitive it that class either. It would take a complete redesign of the car to do so. Basically being built and developed for ST/TTS over the last 5 years. The competitiveness of my car currently has be written out of the rules for 2013.

run TT2/ST2 then, doesn't apply there

Just run slicks... That should help you get to ST2

I might have missed it in the thread, but what type of car are you going to run in ST3 that you are so concerned about having an aero disadvantage?? I am planning to give ST3 a go this season with an S197 Mustang GT, otherwise known in the aero world as a "Brick", yet I feel we are going to be very competitive with no aero bits running 275 tires at a final factor of 8.6:1..

According to the new 2013 ST3/TT3 Rules some OEM aero cars are subject to the .5 aero penalty. Is there an official list that can be posted. Looking at manufacturer downforce numbers I have come up with the following short list that look like they will be subject to this rule.

- S2000 CR

- Corvette ZR1 / Z06 w/ CFZ Aero Package

- Porsche GT3 / GT3RS

- Lotus Exige

- C63 AMG Black

- M3 GTS

- Most Modern Ferrari's

- Mustang Boss 302 Leguna Seca

None of these will get the .5 penalty.

Corvettes.....get in one or get behind one.

sounds like something they would say in west virginia

Arse, grass, or gas, nobody rides for free.

The current price of gas has changed the economics of that saying.

• National Staff
does that mean that a mustang with a lesser engine plant can run the boss 302 laguna seca splitter without a penalty?

d.) ST3 only The addition of non-OEM aerodynamic aides or modification of OEM

body lines (unless specifically stated otherwise in these rules), will be assessed a

Modification Factor to the “Adjusted Weight/Power Ratio”. In this case, non-OEM is

defined as any part that does not come from the vehicle manufacturer either as a

standard feature, a factory option, or on a factory optional trim model/package of that

generation of the street-legal (in the U.S.A.) version of the vehicle.

Is the splitter street legal? No.

So, the answer is NO.

Corvettes.....get in one or get behind one.

sounds like something they would say in west virginia

There are a couple for sale on the Corvetteforum road-racing page.

• Members
does that mean that a mustang with a lesser engine plant can run the boss 302 laguna seca splitter without a penalty?

d.) ST3 only The addition of non-OEM aerodynamic aides or modification of OEM

body lines (unless specifically stated otherwise in these rules), will be assessed a

Modification Factor to the “Adjusted Weight/Power Ratio”. In this case, non-OEM is

defined as any part that does not come from the vehicle manufacturer either as a

standard feature, a factory option, or on a factory optional trim model/package of that

generation of the street-legal (in the U.S.A.) version of the vehicle.

Is the splitter street legal? No.

So, the answer is NO.

So since my Mustang FR500S came from the factory with OEM aero, I won't be assessed a penality, correct? A penalty is only assessed if non-OEM aero is added, correct?

In this case, non-OEM is defined as any part that does not come from the vehicle manufacturer either as a standard feature, a factory option, or on a factory optional trim model/package of that generation of the street-legal (in the U.S.A.) version of the vehicle.

Let's break it down to a two-part test:

1.) Can you get part ____ from Ford delivered on a Mustang of your same generation (ie I think we're talking S197s, no?)

2.) Is said part street-legal?

Meets both parts of the test - no -0.5 ratio hit for you.

If I was a Mustang expert I could give you a better answer...

ed, your aero is not street legal. so, you get the penalty. that said, for being 3400lbs and on 275 wide tires, you get back all that aero penalty plus.