TT3

jcindric

Looking forward to seeing the Wisconsin crew this weekend! (Hoping for a little bit of sun between the storms also....)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drivinhardz06

• ILIKETODRIVE

• Varkwso

• Stinger1987

I was not talking about driving the car too and from the events. I trailer because you never know if you will break something or (god forbid, have an accident).

A great example of one of the rule changes that makes me dislike TT3 is in TTA there was $ limit to how much your shocks could cost without taking additional points. Now there is nothing.

So before I had to deal with Corvette's with street style dampers and now there are vettes in my clas with $$$$$$ penske shocks.

My only saving grace is that just because someone can afford those level of dampers doesnt mean they have the knowledge to dial them in correctly or well enough to truely extract what they are capable of.

Plus my car won TT3 on sunday at the Great Lakes season opener (4th place on saturday) and I havent changed really anything since last year. I am worried its wehen the cars built specifically for TT3 show up that the older TTA style cars will truly have no shot at all..

In the photo below I am excited to run against the car in the top photo (a TTA national championship winning Z06)

I am not excited to run my car against the car in the bottom (TTS national chamionship winning corvette which is excatly the kind of car dropping down to TT3, this is an old World Challenege car), if I wanted to run this kind of cars in the first place I would have built a TTS+ car.....

tta_tt3_vette_side_by_side.JPG

This hammers home the point all of use PTA/TTA C5 guys made when the changes were implemented.... i.e. it won't fix much of anything. All it will do is make us Vettes that much faster and force us to spend more money doing it. The idea is that removing the points restrictions will allow "inferior" cars to mod up and be able compete doesn't seem to be happening. I really can't think of a car that will hang with a fully built C5. A well done Mustang is fast, but it's heavy and has worse aero. A S2000 is light, but underpowered and short wheel-base. Evos/WRXs are a good match when built.

To echo what everyone else said.... competitive C5s haven't been sreet cars in a LOOOOONGGGG time. In Mid-A or SE nobody expects to compete with a street car.

Running for fun is a lot less expensive then competing in TT. It is nice to hang put with experienced drivers in TT but some cars have been sold, returned to street car status, demoted to DE, or sitting in garages waiting for massive $$$ infusion to be more then pack filler for someone else to win tires.

To echo what everyone else said.... competitive C5s haven't been sreet cars in a LOOOOONGGGG time. In Mid-A or SE nobody expects to compete with a street car.

Correct, they moonlighted as tow vehicles.

That being said, a hitch certainly isn't on the recipe for a highly competitive ST3 car, unless we are talking about the one on the truck and trailer that you will need to pull the contraption.

We had this well thought out, intricate system of rules that kept costs under control ...kind of longing for those days (as I am staring at a car in progress which has had its OEM parts content decimated).

Edited by Guest

7 cars in TT3 at Putnam

McKamey won both days - 1.13.8 on Saturday (just under the old TTS lap record of a 1.13.9)

Some guy ran a 1.12.7 in TT2 BTW

7 cars in TT3 at Putnam

McKamey won both days - 1.13.8 on Saturday (just under the old TTS lap record of a 1.13.9)

Some guy ran a 1.12.7 in TT2 BTW

McKamey's car weighed in at over 3500 lbs on Sunday. (comp weight w/driver)

PTA/TTA was Spec Corvette

ST3/TT3 is Corvette Challenge

I love it

+1

ST3/TT3 is spend more money, same whiners and complaints.

They keep their boost to 2 PSI, so they tell me...

blower heat, complexity, weight on the nose for 2 PSI so you can add ballast. makes sense right?

• 1 month later...
10 cars in TT3 this weekend at Mid Ohio.

how many in TT2?

Now you know how this works. Stop asking such questions. That is not the metric we are trying to measure.

how many in TTA - oops!

I am glad in a way though, it's kept me from swapping around to a C5 Z06 like I always used to want to do.

And only 3 in ttb now.

...sure wish I could have started my TT'ing "downfall" in ttb with ya, in my non-Z C5 coupe. ...missed the bus by a couple of years.