Plan on attending the National Race at Mid Ohio in 2006?

Keith

Plan on attending the National Race at Mid Ohio in 2006?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Plan on attending the National Race at Mid Ohio in 2006?

• CA-Based - Yes
    • CA-Based - No
    • TX-Based - Yes
    • TX-Based - No
    • Mid-Atlantic-Based - Yes
    • Mid Atlantic-Based - No
    • Midwest-Based - Yes
    • Midwest-Based - No
    • OH/IN-Based - Yes
    • OH/IN-Based - No
    • SE Based - Yes
    • SE based - No

Any cars for rent in the area?...otherwise...Laguna is about as far as I travel...but an easy flight and an arrive and drive is attractive...rp

I guess we'll have to see who can come - will it be anyone to register? Points based? Champions?

If I'm eligible, I wanna go. I'd hope with enough notice, we could arrange for a transport of some sort for multiple cars. Fly in, drive, and fly home. Perfect!

I am not aware of any CMC rentals in the area. There are a couple of AI cars around, but no CMC cars that I am aware of.

...Jim Pantas seems to have an evolving list of rentals...

It's been hinted that in order to qualify to compete, there is going to be some sort required participation level in local CMC events (% of events), rather than "top x in points". I'm not convinced that this has been finalized just yet. My guess is that they will be looking for maximum participation, especially for the first one.

I'm definitely going to be there, but who knows if I'll have my comp license or the car done by then. Worst case scenario, I'll just crew for the AI cars I usually pit with.

It hasn't been completely ironed out, but it is my understanding that you must attend a small number of regional races to be eligible to attend the national event. The goal of this would be to have a great number of regular NASA racers eligible to attend the event without having an outsider attend just the National event. This format would be well supported by the East coast crew so we wouldn't have racers from other organizations coming out of the woodwork and changing their stickers for one NASA event.

Kent

Might I suggest that it be given serious consideration to having a chassis dyno at the track...if the NASA Nationals are anything like the SCCA Runoffs there'll be "pushing the rules envelope" and with CMC the dyno will be a requirement for a fair fight...rp

There is NO DOUBT IN MY MIND that each car will be gone over quite thoroughly by the highest-ranking CMC official prior to the race. No doubt in my mind at all. This will include dyno pulls and weighing. If this is not done, I'd be shcoked.

Remember, we have dynos at impound at about half of our regional races already.

There are several folks in TX that are planning to attend NASA-Nationals, myself included.

Hopefully, there will be lots of CMC racers from all over the US in attendance. At a minimum, Matt King better be there so I can kick his ass.

At a minimum, Matt King better be there so I can kick his ass.

Matt, adam is not a native Texan nor do we claim him as our own.

cat_gif.gif

Us Cali drivers will be at a disadvantage, we are not used to having anything green around the track. Unless its the $2M from the enduro of course.

Dirt, more dirt, desert and Carson "gopher getter" Scheller's hunting grounds are all we are used to seeing off the edge of the track.

Kevin, Thunderhill gets very green in the winter - c'mon out and teach the Street school with us Dec. 10th and you'll see! Unlike our comprades east of us we don't stop drivin' any particular time of year!

Kevin, Thunderhill gets very green in the winter - c'mon out and teach the Street school with us Dec. 10th and you'll see! Unlike our comprades east of us we don't stop drivin' any particular time of year!

I'd love to but I have to go to Japan for the first two weeks of Dec. Man that flight SUCKS! It's longer than my trip to Thill from SD.

You've just discovered the reason the SCCA Runoffs had such small representation from California...with the travel time and track time you're talking over a week...and lots and lots of gas and hotels...doesn't compute except for a few people...somehow I can't see the income and work schedules of the CMC contingent in California sending more than 10% to Mid-Ohio....02 RP

You've just discovered the reason the SCCA Runoffs had such small representation from California...with the travel time and track time you're talking over a week...and lots and lots of gas and hotels...doesn't compute except for a few people...somehow I can't see the income and work schedules of the CMC contingent in California sending more than 10% to Mid-Ohio....02 RP

That's what I was wondering. I know that if it were way out west, I would have the same work/cost issue. To be honest, I am seein more "yes" answers than I thought and it's great news.

At a minimum, Matt King better be there so I can kick his ass.

Matt, adam is not a native Texan nor do we claim him as our own.

cat_gif.gif

Matt? Matt? ...you out there? I can't believe that you'd be silent here.

It's still no cake walk for us in the East. 7-12 hour tow. Granted, it's half the distance that the CA CMC contingent has to go, but you guys are made of money out out there, aren't ya? (I lived in Laguna Hills for years, and really miss it on many days.)

Kent