VIR March Madness and CMC craziness....what a blast!

koserv

Nice. Awesome to see the AI/CMC family racing together...standing starts no less!!

-=- Todd

Another video below.

Here is a good example of why the MA CMC group doesn't like running with the AI cars in one big pack. (Especially when we're thrown in at the back of their pack)

Our top guys have been racing for years and are 3-4 seconds a lap faster than the slowest AI cars that have new drivers. It's a fact that AI cars do not like getting passed by CMC cars. So even though we are 3-4 seconds a lap faster, the AI cars slow us up in the turns and run away from us on the straights......since they never let us pass, it messes up our in-class racing. (Not to mention that most new drivers just suck at racing and don't use their mirrors)

You act thats a MA only issue. We have the same problems here in Texasland.

Thanks for sharing.

I guess I can remove that upper dash pad.

He had an issue and took it off for the race. Funny question though.

Explain please..

No need ...

Thanks for sharing.

He had an issue and took it off for the race. Funny question though.

Everyone should be aware of the fact that its missing does not mean it is legal to remove it. It still need to be put back in.

I've asked to be allowed to remove it due to how fragile it is, how hard it is to keep in place, and that its really an interior trim item, not a dash item. I have been shot down time and time again.

And new, they cost about $180. The sun kill's then pretty quick so salvage yard finds are easily broken when removed. Then trying to install it in a car w/ a cage is almost impossible w/out breaking it. I have in some cases cut it to keep it from breaking.

Now picture a rollover in a CMC 4th gen. This part will shatter in many parts flying around inside the car. These parts will be very pointed and sharp.

Now dont get me wrong. I want this part in place for appearance reasons. But I put safety ahead of that 100% of the time.

If you feel like me, work w/ your regional directors to represent your feeling on this. Also, submitt a rules change request for the off season.

If the OEM plastic parts are scarce and brittle, and appearance is the primary concern, why not allow a fabricated sheetmetal or plastic airdam material replacement?

I think if they allowed Aluminium painted flat black would be a safer alternative. This could be riveted or screwed in place. I agree that it looks a lot neater with something in place.

Until the directors feel this is the best solution (as a whole) we will enforce the rule as written. I dont have to like or agree w/ it, but I will enforce it as written.

Until the directors feel this is the best solution (as a whole) we will enforce the rule as written. I dont have to like or agree w/ it, but I will enforce it as written.

Don't throw me in with the other silly directors......I happen to agree with you for a change.............although I probably wouldn't be a prick and actually enforce it.

I said Directors as a whole, not Kent is the hold out.

As for enforcing it, thats been a pretty big problem in the last couple of years - lack of consistant rules enforcement thats aligned w/ all the other regions. Here in Texas, our racers have requested more black and white rules enforcement. So to point me out as a prick who enforces the rules like a natzi is not accurate. Its whats expected here.

Here in Texas, our racers have requested more black and white rules enforcement. So to point me out as a prick who enforces the rules like a natzi is not accurate. Its whats expected here.

No, they said leave it alone.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3290&highlight=enforcement

Black and white didn't finish on the podium

I said Directors as a whole, not Kent is the hold out.

As for enforcing it, thats been a pretty big problem in the last couple of years - lack of consistant rules enforcement thats aligned w/ all the other regions. Here in Texas, our racers have requested more black and white rules enforcement. So to point me out as a prick who enforces the rules like a natzi is not accurate. Its whats expected here.

You know I was just busting your balls and trying to get a rise out of you right???? With that said........I'm not sure I've ever actually teched the cars for a dash pad before because I am too busy making sure they're not cheating by removing the valve stem caps like they do in the Texas region.

Here in Texas, our racers have requested more black and white rules enforcement. So to point me out as a prick who enforces the rules like a natzi is not accurate. Its whats expected here.

No, they said leave it alone.

http://www.aicmctexas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3290&highlight=enforcement

Black and white didn't finish on the podium

And since we have been operating pretty much that way since before that pole was taken, I'm not proven wrong.

As for teching cars for dash pads.... Thats not the way those items were found. It was noticed while standing around BS'ing and I noticedit, and talked w/ the driver about it.

But you have your picture of how Texas is all painted up in your mind. Who am I to prove you wrong. We have infact had some AI guys quit over a LACK of tech from thier POV. I know you cannot comprehend this, but its true.

And since we have been operating pretty much that way since before that pole was taken, I'm not proven wrong.

In this case, you are proven wrong. You said ...

Here in Texas, our racers have requested more black and white rules enforcement.

... but the polling of the racers in Texas indicates otherwise.

To be honest ... that's one of the factors that has caused me to sit out for a while. Rules enforcement is all shooting from the hip. I never know if I'm going to get Dr. Jekyl or Mr. Hyde when my car is teched, or blame is assessed via an IRB or penalties decided post IRB.

And look at my car. To run up front in this region, your car is gonna get beat up. The same guys knocking around cars week after week with little or no consequences. Note I said consequence. Blame is assessed, penalties levied, but it has no effect on behavior.

So yes, you are wrong Glenn. Rules enforcement is NOT consistent and its certainly hasn't been requested by the racers.

And how in the world can black and white enforcement be levied when there are so many ambiguous rules written? The newest crop of racers coming in here asking questions about rules interpretation ought to be yet another sign that the rules are not meant to be followed, rather interpretted by the regional directors and then implemented based upon factors WAY beyond (or below) anything other than the rules as written.

From my perspective, the merging of CMC and CMC2 has caused more rules related issues than the current click of directors can field. And its not necessarily because they don't want to, its that they have lives and families and jobs that pay the bills. So they are time limited.

If I'm a racer building a car trying to put a cage in it NOW, those factors piss me off because I can't move forward and go racing without fear of redoing the cage.

If I'm a racer trying to decide on wheel size and width and tire size choices, those factors piss me off because I want to move forward and go racing without fear of having to buy another set of wheels and tires.

The days of "just build it and come on out" are OVER. In this economy, and now this stressed environment, racers can't afford to build and then rebuild.

• Members

I think you guys (Mitch and Glenn) just have your time frames mixed up. That poll was taken very recently. Texas as a region has been on a mission to make the rules clearer and enforce the rules as written for five years or so. So you're both right. Glenn helped create and then felt that pressure, and the region as a whole has probably reached or maybe passed their ideal point.

wow....

I'm so disapointed in your perspective.

And me, yours.

I would appreciate your explaining where my perspective is skewed as opposed to telling me its wrong without explanation.

You know I have never been a lemming. I ask a lot of questions and ask why a lot of the time.

I could care less if it irritates people.

I think you guys (Mitch and Glenn) just have your time frames mixed up. That poll was taken very recently. Texas as a region has been on a mission to make the rules clearer and enforce the rules as written for five years or so. So you're both right. Glenn helped create and then felt that pressure, and the region as a whole has probably reached or maybe passed their ideal point.

I will aknowledge that the CMC rules and enforcement of those rules as it realtes to safety and car related tech has been on the up-swing. No question there.

Its the CCR enforcement on examples I cited earlier that appears to be hit or miss.

If contact is not going to be tolerated, then don't tolerate it. Doling out inconsequential "penalties" is like punishing your 5 year old with a candy bar and a trip to six flags.

I have a great idea......let's hash this out in the Hallet event section so that the entire world doesn't assume that it's the Mid-Atlantic region that has all of these problems.......... I crack myself up.

I just couldn't resist.......this is so much fun to watch. We should call it

"As the Texas World Turns."

And look at my car. To run up front in this region, your car is gonna get beat up. The same guys knocking around cars week after week with little or no consequences. Note I said consequence. Blame is assessed, penalties levied, but it has no effect on behavior.

Wow, that is a pretty powerful statement.

I must be blinded by all the parts flying off cars around me.

Wow, that is a pretty powerful statement.

I must be blinded by all the parts flying off cars around me.

Cars BEHIND you ...