Mid Ohio April 8-10, 2011

DrC

I'll be doing HPDE's (starting with HPDE 1) in my CMC car (98 Mustang) and working toward getting my Comp license as soon as posssible.

My first event was going to be Autobahn on April 15th, but now seriously considering Mid Ohio the weekend before (and still going to Autobahn the following weekend).

Getting anxious, and kicking all this off at Mid Ohio wouldn't suck. So, I would not be adding to the CMC car count but still may be there. Will decide in a few days. No doubt would be a fun couple weekends and a great intro I'm sure.

Greg

Bob Denton, Kent Owens and Tim Bennett are all planning to be at the first Mid Ohio in CMC2. Tim will be taking the school.

So you shouldn't be alone. I may try to get a ride out there, not sure yet, won't probably know until the week of.

I will be at Autobahn the weekend after, racing though.

Bryan

I'll either be doing comp school & HPDE or comp school and racing. Depends on how fast the cage can be built and if I can finish all the other bare minimum requirements by April.

I'll either be doing comp school & HPDE or comp school and racing. Depends on how fast the cage can be built and if I can finish all the other bare minimum requirements by April.

Cool, I hope you can make it. Maybe a bunch of us should come over and give you a hand finishing it?

Bryan

Cool, I hope you can make it. Maybe a bunch of us should come over and give you a hand finishing it?

Bryan

Bryan will do it, I know from experience.

Who will be at Mid-Ohio in April.

And in CMC 1 or 2?

That does it mean if I am the only CMC person their?

I think Dave and Joe are planning on bringing their new CMC2 Mustang over for Comp school so add them to the list.

Sidney

Bryan

Thanks for the offer. I lost my welder (his shop is renovating until April) so I have to go to the RollCageGuy in Akron mid March. That only leaves me about 1 week after I get the car back to have it ready for comp school. I'm trying to get it all done, but it's going to be very tight. A lot of it can't be done till the cage is installed.

Either way, I'll be at the track.

I will be there and have reserved garages 7 and 8 with 3 other guys. Due to work commitments, I will be there with no car, with an HPDE/TT car or an SU car ready for tech. Too early to tell.

Drop by and and say "hi".

• 4 weeks later...

Is everybody running in -2? If not, might I suggest that you go ahead and move up into CMC2....Beats the heck out of running around with only 1 or 2 cars, and insures we get full Toyo bucks for the weekend. Hell, Anders beat the crap out of us last year running his CMC car in -2. Right now I think we should have 5 in -2, assuming Bob and Rob make it out, but it would be great to start the year with 6-7....and end the year with 12-14!

This year is going to be spectacular!

Hey Keith, better get a cage in the Green-bird and come play....

We did justthat this past weekend. Moved 3 CMC cars up to CMC2. They all did well.

Yes, and we had 19 CMC cars. We don't have a CMC2 in Texas anymore.

JJ

FWIW, in CA, we had 2 CMC1 cars at our first event, and 5 CMC2 cars - by Sunday, the 1 cars switched over.

For this coming weekend's event at Sears, there are no CMC1 cars entered - all CMC2 cars.

Yes, and we had 19 CMC cars.

JJ

Now that's what I'm talking about. One class, and big car counts. Can't wait until our 'newb's' start working through comp school and get in the show....

Hey Keith, better get a cage in the Green-bird and come play....

Greenbird is gone to another track/f-body enthusiast in NE PA. I traded her for this:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/577804652jpMfnL

I plan to be at Mid Ohio but probably car-less. The car is not quite ready for race tech and my new job has become an inconvenience when it comes to getting work done on it.

Oh yeah, I remember now....What a rocket ship. Now you're gonna be one of those SU pukes getting in our race every time you come up to lap us....

Oh yeah, I remember now....What a rocket ship. Now you're gonna be one of those SU pukes getting in our race every time you come up to lap us....

Yes, it will be an interesting change of pace to be one of the (hopefully) faster cars in the race group rather than one of the slower ones. I've always been very mindful of in-class racers and will continue to do so.

Bluebird ready and thawed?

I've always been very mindful of in-class racers and will continue to do so.

As most of the fast guys are...which means I can joke about it and hopefully the 2-3 guys that wreak havoc will buy a clue...

'B-bird is ready to go waiting for rubber. Been like pulling teeth getting Toyo's this winter. Dropped off rims yesterday, so hopefully I'll be doing laps around the block this weekend. I'll be at Mid-O for the Friday T&T...bring your gear and you can run a couple of laps in the old girl....

I'm feeling more confident about making CMC2 for April, as along as my cage is done in the next week or so.

No paint, still Barney purple with primer hood, but should pass race tech.