Nationals updates

Al F.

I don't know if Iam more impressed with Anders 2011 Championship win or his 4 hour drive home in the CMC car...

Congrats on both... that's CRAZY COOL

giddy up

No kidding...that is crazy. Congrats on both.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Al F.

• CF03GT

• Glenn

• koserv

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys don't know the half of it....Anders actually has a "soda" cooler. Next to the radio. Right under the AC. Along side the GPS. Unfortunately, he had to remove the fuzzy dice for "safety" reasons.

Pussy tech guys.....

Does anyone have information on Anders car? I dont think he posts here much.

I'm curious (because its still street legal mostly) how much it weighed, does he have it insured (does having or not having airbags impact coverage), does it really have all the creature comforts still in it (ac, heat, etc), what size restrictor plate was needed to bring it down to CMC2 levels, what all was removed to get to minimum weight, since the car is street legal is everything covered under warranty from Ford.

Congrats to everyone who attended the event and to the winners

Anders car came off the scales on Friday at 3850 lbs (that was with the child seats still in the back seat (I believe he received a warning concerning removal of "loose" items). They seemed to have overlooked the sub woofer in the trunk though..

Dont think he's too worried about minimum weight with his driving skills..

Yes, the car is fully insured (I think he was most concerned about his 24" chrome Dub wheels he rolls in on, disappearing from the paddock).

Full bumper to bumper warranty on the car as well. Ford replaced his front brake calipers/rotors/pads under warranty after the Fri qualifying race, when he drove straight down to the local Ford dealership post race tech.

I think they also gave the car a full detail and changed all his fluids there as well.

What did the dealer spray in that car? Ode De Norway? Liz Taylors "Hot Shoe"? I'm all for that new car smell, but whatever it is, he's never going to get it out of the carpets.

I suppose I'd better call him and tell him he's getting a bit of a grilling.....

What did the dealer spray in that car? Ode De Norway? Liz Taylors "Hot Shoe"? I'm all for that new car smell, but whatever it is, he's never going to get it out of the carpets.

I suppose I'd better call him and tell him he's getting a bit of a grilling.....

Grilling? Nah.. just adding to the mystique of Anders "the Iceman" Sjoblom!

...that was with the child seats still in the back seat...

...sub woofer in the trunk...

...24" chrome Dub wheels he rolls in on...

Full bumper to bumper warranty on the car... Ford replaced his front brake calipers/rotors/pads under warranty after the Fri qualifying race, when he drove straight down to the local Ford dealership post race tech. I think they also gave the car a full detail and changed all his fluids there as well.

With only an emoticon to go on and not being able to read your body language through the computer, I have no idea how much of this to actually believe and to what degree you are yanking all of our chains.

The part I believe least is Ford honoring a full bumper to bumper warranty on a vehicle that has obviously seen track duty.

So did anyone see me at the Ford dealer on Friday?

Yes, so I have extended warranty on the car. Wouldn't you also take advantage of it? Man, free set of rear rotors, since my had hear cracks, awesome

That is awesome, but I still can't believe Ford honors it. You must have a much better relationship with the Ford Motor Company than myself or anyone else I know.

Did you really have child seats in the back? I can't picture that either with the cage requirement. How much of the interior do you still have in it?

That is awesome, but I still can't believe Ford honors it. You must have a much better relationship with the Ford Motor Company than myself or anyone else I know.

Did you really have child seats in the back? I can't picture that either with the cage requirement. How much of the interior do you still have in it?

Scott , bud seriously ...They are just screwing with you and everyone else........

There really was a child seat. Everyone kept bustin on Ginsberg and I that we would fit in it. Not sure how Ferraro escaped that abuse.... I guess he gets a pass for being the new guy.

Not sure how Ferraro escaped that abuse.... I guess he gets a pass for being the new guy.

..Too good-looking

Those in attendance know, without a shadow of a doubt, that wasn't it.

The beard wouldn't fit.

Not sure how Ferraro escaped that abuse.... I guess he gets a pass for being the new guy.

..Too good-looking

Those in attendance know, without a shadow of a doubt, that wasn't it.

The beard wouldn't fit.

Hey now, dont be a Hater! Just because I got a few inches on you (in the beard department)

Thanks for making the trek out Adam. Nice to meet another one of the "legends of CMC".

Ferraro's was a rental! No lie!

not only a rental but a new track record and only the second event ever out on a race track.

says something about the driver ..........and.....The car..

"shameless plug"

high 137's next year baby

• 2 weeks later...

How to get your CMC2 National Championship car home, in 4 simple steps.

Make sure you have enough gas:

0911111807a.jpg

Make sure you have a friend following, just in case:

0911111909.jpg

Make sure your friend has their GPS handy:

0911111910.jpg

And, make sure the wipers work:

0911111914a.jpg

Steeda writeup located here.