GPS data, Fox vs. 4th gen, 10/6/12 TX event

CMC#11

Yes, in CMC-1...

Three things ...

Dave,

You really should do a quick fact check before further posting. While you seem knowledgable, posting without knowing the facts really draws into question your credibility.

Mylaps is a great resource of data that not only shows laptimes but filters by class.

Second ...

It is a gross misconception that someone that has never raced in CMC brings nothing to the table. Smart and talented people come from all walks of life.

Sumarily dismissing someone based upon having never gridded a CMC car is the eptome of ego-driven self-worth.

It happened to me and I'm sure I've done it.

The difference is I admit it and I fix it.

Third ...

All this discussion about who has what, who needs what and finger-pointing seemed so familiar, but couldn't really figure out where I recall it.

Then it dawned on me ... Remember Skip and Scott Smith?

It sounds like 2007 all over again.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Glenn

• CMC#11

• Al F.

• soundguydave1548534741

So if you were to compare me and Dan this year in TX out of 20 races:

I have 3 fast laps, Dan has 9

I have 5 wins, Dan has 6.

Dan has clearly been faster than me this year yet at Nationals he got beat by two other 4th gens whose fast laps were 1.3 and 1.7 seconds faster respectively.

What does that tell you?

It got pointed out to me that there is some misleading info w/ the wins listed. While I will not dispute the number of total wins, I was told that 3 of the wins for Dan (of the 6) were aquired in your absence at TWS. So when we use "stats" from events were you both raced one another there should be 5 wins for you and 3 wins for Dan. Proctor has 7 wins total, and 6 were aquired at events where you both were in attendance.

Is this correct?

Almost.

In the 4 events I have run this year I have 5 wins, Dan has 3, and Proctor has 7.

In the 1 event I missed (TWS) Dan had 3 wins and Proctor had 1 win.

You are correct.

Please explain exactly how you know all of this? Especially since you haven't yet turned a single lap in CMC racing.

If you don't like the current ruleset, and don't believe you can be competitive, particularly when you haven't yet raced CMC, feel free to move on to another class.

Ugh.....time to go back to ignoring this forum again.....too much of a time-suck.....

These things typically get f'd up when the personal attacks start.

I know a lot of you guys, and know your're not like this, so why?

This is the second director that has encouraged someone to go race somewhere else if they dont like it. And I think both comments were directed toward Dave Lowum. By the way he's a great guy and asset to the cmc community. Just because you dont know him and don't agree with is point of view doesn't give you the right to get nasty. What grade are we in ?

My opinion is that any cmc racer or potential racer should be able to make their point. And besides I would think that someone coming from another association or race series may have a different and possibly better perspective. Keep in mind, its a good idea to grow the class.

I agree. We all should be able to state our opinion without being told to go race somewhee else.

JJ

Yes, in CMC-1...

Three things ...

Dave,

You really should do a quick fact check before further posting. While you seem knowledgable, posting without knowing the facts really draws into question your credibility.

Mylaps is a great resource of data that not only shows laptimes but filters by class.

Ballingit beat Liebbe for the final CMC1 championship fair and square on the track and without the PM3L.

Yes, in CMC-1...

Mitch, I try to be factual whenever possible. I should probably have multi-quoted directly.

Second ...

It is a gross misconception that someone that has never raced in CMC brings nothing to the table. Smart and talented people come from all walks of life.

Sumarily dismissing someone based upon having never gridded a CMC car is the eptome of ego-driven self-worth.

It happened to me and I'm sure I've done it.

The difference is I admit it and I fix it.

I assume that was directed at Adam, not me?

In the end, yes, I am a series participant, and as such, have a vested interest in the ruleset I run under, and potential changes to that ruleset. That I have had multiple suggestions to go elsewhere, because I have the temerity to disagree with the apparent direction the series is going is in and of itself a bit scary. IN MY OPINION, the series is becoming stagnant. There are far too many examples of nonsensical rules, that I believe to be band-aid patches that have been left over, rather than clearly though-out adjustments to the original rule set. There are too many "cost containment" rules that fail miserably in their intent, and actually drive up the cost of participation needlessly. During an RCR evaluation period, it's virtually our duty to voice our opinions and argue our positions. No, I know this isn't a democracy, however the series has a responsibility to listen to its participants, and not discard their opinions simply because they weren't around in "the good old days." Think about what this all looks like to a potential new CMC racer... Instead of thoughtful, reasonable (if spirited) discussion about the rule set, we have personal attacks, name-calling, disingenuous argument, and suggestions to find another sandbox to play in. The impression left is that we're a bunch of immature children, with narrow region-centric viewpoints, rather than (I would assume) a generally good bunch of guys having a sinfully good time on track with each other, in an honestly fairly cheap racing series.

Too bad RCR #1 died a death from above.....

Sorry, back to discussing, um, ahh, what were we talking about?

(rant edited as between Mommy and Daddy, we have more than enough of that, thank you very much....)

Edited by Guest

[Why don't you get off the keyboard, get into your garage, finish your car, get your NASA comp license, and actually go CMC racing for a season or two? If you don't like the current ruleset, and don't believe you can be competitive, particularly when you haven't yet raced CMC, feel free to move on to another class.

Ugh.....time to go back to ignoring this forum again.....too much of a time-suck.....

The only pathetic people on this forum are those that are going to take a an open discussion about the rules where anyone can state their opinion and turn it into a personal attack. What makes the person even MORE PATHETIC is when they make personal attacks stating someone doesn't know what they are talking about and the attacker doesn't even know the facts about the person he is attacking.

Dave HAS his Comp license and he HAS been racing with CMC for a while now.

I would suggest to anyone that wants to wage personal attacks on a matter to please stay away from the forum, the only people whose time is really being wasted is the people that have to read your posts while trying to converse in discussion about a subject that they have an interest.

I said it elsewhere this morning. Those that want the class to evolve need to think about the other side of the coin. What about a class that doesn't change as much year to year so you know you don't need to update/spend money to keep your car competitive. That stuff is for AI. Some have moved in here from AI because of all the changes in AI. Now it seems some of those want more changes here. This class suffered in the changes from CMC to CMC2 to CMC. Give it some time.

Also-this is just a small sampling of the vocal group within CMC. Although there may be 3 vocal guys that want all these changes there may be 50 out there that don't to change and aren't vocal because they have raced here long enough to know that it won't change.

Now for my opinion-parity is so close excluding the s197 its great. I understand where Mosty is coming from mainly with the track width and am all for narrowing the 4th gen a little to see if it make a difference. But I just don't see the need yet. The only DATA from a data logger I have seen is from one race, one straight, and one lap. So obviously I couldn't make an intelligient decision based on that amount of data. Though from what the data looks like it is incredibly close.

As for the results from TX this year. Of the events Mosty has ran he has 5 wins, Dan 3, and Procter 7. I'm no math major and have to use my toes to count past 9 but that is perfect parity between the top 3 cars.

Think about what this all looks like to a potential new CMC racer...

Not to mention what it looks like to current CMC racers who have been eying other ways of racing. Personal attacks like this, especially from a director, coupled with the "old school" mentality that *ANY* change in the series is bad, will push racers out of the series. No one wants to see this crap happen every year, but it seems to.

Think about what this all looks like to a potential new CMC racer...

Again Dave ... check your facts.

You assume this kind of "discussion" is a recent phenomenon?

Is the series stagnant? Well it's roots and a vast majority of the cars competing are over 10 years old, many approaching 20 and a few more 25 years old or more? Of course it's stagnant.

An arguement I've had with Glenn over and over and over is the series has morphed itself in order to accomodate later model cars. "It will give a place for the newer platforms to race."

Wow ... what an enormous influx of those platforms, eh? And in the meantime, the Foxes (and similar) and 3G Fs have had to spend yet more of their racing budget (during a recession) in order to get to a competitive level.

Then in order to "make it fair" lets spend even more on big brakes.

Let me understand ... big brakes on all existing cars to accomodate one or two cars nationally? Really? So I hear hear you on stupid moves using "cost containment" as a justification. Not sure how other folk's bank accounts operate, but when I write a check, the funds are actually deducted from the account.

But I digress ...

Life was great with CMC1 and CMC2 ... it gave racers an option ...

• Members

Just for the record, and to ensure our regulars see this, Adam edited his post from a few pages ago, replacing the original with the following:

My delivery was wrong, and I should not have posted what I did. My apologies to the CMC drivers and officials.

Clearly, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm passionate about racing in general, and CMC in particular. There are times I need to keep my big mouth (and keyboard) shut. This was one of those times.

Just for the record, and to ensure our regulars see this, Adam edited his post from a few pages ago, replacing the original with the following:

My delivery was wrong, and I should not have posted what I did. My apologies to the CMC drivers and officials.

Clearly, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm passionate about racing in general, and CMC in particular. There are times I need to keep my big mouth (and keyboard) shut. This was one of those times.

It's great to see Adam admit his error and make things right. We all have bad days.

When I sell my other car soon I think I'll just build an S197 car to avoid all this BS again haha.

I'd wait on that purchase, at least wait til the new rules come out first.