CAD drawings for LT1 restrictor plates?

AllZWay

Anyone have and willing to share the restrictor plate drawings for LT1 cars?

I need them so I can get a division of my work to cut me a set.

Thanks,

James

Thanks,

James

You know a fellow racer that will cut them for you for free. I happen to know he has some in his toolbox right now.

JJ

Thanks,

James

I have a set - 31mm to 49mm in 1 mm increments - you can have.

e-mail or call ...

Thanks,

James

I have a set - 31mm to 49mm in 1 mm increments - you can have.

e-mail or call ...

I could use a few of those....

Jerry... I knew you could easily make some, but I didn't know if you had the files to cut them. If Mitch hasn't already given his away I will get with you.

I need to get the upper sizes. I have 32-39mm...but since I am only trying to knock down a couple of hp.... I need the 42-47mm sizes.

I will have to go dyno to find out exactly what it is going to take.

Jerry... I knew you could easily make some, but I didn't know if you had the files to cut them. If Mitch hasn't already given his away I will get with you.

I need to get the upper sizes. I have 32-39mm...but since I am only trying to knock down a couple of hp.... I need the 42-47mm sizes.

Just put a 32mm in it and run with what it gives you.

Are these metal or plastic plates? This past year one of our LS1 guys plastic restrictor plates cracked and got sucked into the engine.

Who was this and what happened? Was it one of the plates I have had made?

Are these metal or plastic plates? This past year one of our LS1 guys plastic restrictor plates cracked and got sucked into the engine.

I forget who specifically but I remember his car seeming to pass us with relative ease during one of our races a few months ago. They teched the car after the race and checked the restrictor plate. Turned out there was a piece of it that broke off which explained his passing us with relative ease. It was assumed that the piece went into the motor somewhere.

I forget who specifically but I remember his car seeming to pass us with relative ease during one of our races a few months ago.

That really doesn't narrow down the LS1 field much.

I could use a complete set of these plates. Anyone that has a set to sell or can make a set, please let me know.

I was looking for them last year and never found them. Luckily or unluckily, my engine builder screwed up my engine and it never made full power.

Bryan, these weren't the plates I got from you. This particular plate was sourced locally and we have stopped using them.

Amen!! Maybe a 30?

haha...

I could use a complete set of these plates. Anyone that has a set to sell or can make a set, please let me know.

I was looking for them last year and never found them. Luckily or unluckily, my engine builder screwed up my engine and it never made full power.

PM me your email and I can get you set up.

Cody-good to know the ones I have had made didn't have an issue. Though still curiuos how it happened or what is different about the plates? Thickness, material?

Still need a set of LT1's. Bryan had LS1's not LT1's.

I can make a few sets on my laser and ship them to you. These would be the LT type NOT the one's BL gets made for the LS. I need to know who all needs them and what sizes. The ones I used to make for Boudy had some that were way to small for our current power levels. I would think four or five plates would be enough for anyone but I don't know the sizes you guys are using. What range smallest to largest.

JJ

I can make a few sets on my laser and ship them to you. These would be the LT type NOT the one's BL gets made for the LS. I need to know who all needs them and what sizes. The ones I used to make for Boudy had some that were way to small for our current power levels. I would think four or five plates would be enough for anyone but I don't know the sizes you guys are using. What range smallest to largest.

JJ

Having not run them yet, I'd have to rely on others for the sizes I might need.

Jerry...

I am thinking they probably will need to run in 1mm increments from 42mm to 47mm.

What does everyone esle think?

I will make five sets.

JJ

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to make five sets of the 42 MM to 47 MM. James gets a set and wastntim gets a set. We will run these today or tomorrow. Anyone else needs a set please say so now. You will have to stamp the size into the plates. The laser does not do a good job of this unless I take forever doing them and since I'm giving them away..........

JJ

put metal ones in......it might help you "make weight"

Can anyone tell me if the LT1 or LS1 plates happen to fit an S197 Mustang? The Mustang mounting holes are 135 x 70, the bores are 72mm center to center........even close?

PS I know we probably need smaller hole to get to the 2013 HP levels but that is a different argument.